Author Topic: IFBB Pro in AXE commercial  (Read 16277 times)

Johnny Apollo

Re: IFBB Pro in AXE commercial
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 10:36:51 PM »
Why were you in Commercials?

Onlyme.

What do you do that makes you special to be in commercials?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 10:38:48 PM »

onlyme was a 300 pound arm wrestling champ who knows just about everybody.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 10:42:14 PM »
Why were you in Commercials?

Onlyme.

Why do you have to be special to be in commercials.  It's what the casting dirstor is looking for that particular day.  I bet I wnet on at least 300 interviews easy in 9 years and I got 44 commercials. That isn't all that good.  Now 16 nationals is good though, even though 6 of them were a series.  And yes actually being the armwrestling champ dd get me allot of work.  Apple loved the angle of armwrstling and actually added it to the commercial.  I have posted a link to it here.   Turn up the sound cause it is awesome

http://www.uriahcarpenter.info/the-power-to-be-your-best.html

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 10:50:24 PM »
I am after the baseball pitcher who is after the boxer (Henry Tillman who beat Tyson twice).  Before you rag onme for how short a time I was in it.  This commercial is a 1 minute and it debut in the first game of the 1987 World Series. Stan Dragotti was the director who has won many many awards and was married to Michelle Pfeifer.  The guy I am armwrestling is Charlie Sexius who was Hulk Hogan stunt double.  This was a buyout for $10,000.  IT was my very first commercial I ever read for and did.  I went Taft Hartley on this commercial (as I did for the 2 others I got in the next 30 days.)

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »
I am after the baseball pitcher who is after the boxer (Henry Tillman who beat Tyson twice).  Before you rag onme for how short a time I was in it.  This commercial is a 1 minute and it debut in the first game of the 1987 World Series. Stan Dragotti was the director who has won many many awards and was married to Michelle Pfeifer.  The guy I am armwrestling is Charlie Sexius who was Hulk Hogan stunt double.  This was a buyout for $10,000.  IT was my very first commercial I ever read for and did.  I went Taft Hartley on this commercial (as I did for the 2 others I got in the next 30 days.)

kick ass man, way to go
its comin today

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 01:50:42 AM »
kick ass man, way to go

I remember when my agent called to tell me when it was going to be on.  I called every person I knew.  I was talking to my friend who is also in the business.  He told me that he hopes I was in it.  I said what.  He said well they could cut you out and you'll make nothing but the day pay.  Ididn't know this.  Well after we hung up I was with my girlfriend watching the series.  All of a sudden it comes on.  Awesome!  After 30 seconds I wasn't on.  I couldn't believe it.  But then it kept going.  Then all of a sudden there I was.  A blink of the eye but I was on. I got so fucking excited.  Then about 5 seconds after it was over the phone rang.  It was my attorney.  Hesays "Keith I was drinking some coffee and blinked my eyes, were you in it.  He was making fun of me how short a time I was in it.  But, then said good job.

When I went in for this commercial I had to read fro Sheila Manning who is a very well known casting director in LA.  They were looking for a football player.  When I arrived half the LA Raiders were in the office.  I mean I swear every guy who ever played footballl was in this office.  That is actually when I first met Alzado and Howie Long and Matt Millen (who is big as hell).  Anywaym my name gets called and I am really nervous.  The ask me to slate which means you say your name and agent.  So I did.  Then they asked me what posittion I played and I said well I don't really play football.  They said well you are so big you must do something.  I said yes I am a professional armwerestler.  In fact I am leaving this weekend to shoot a movie called Over The Top in Vegas starring Stallone.  Well the seem very impressed and smiled and said thank you.  Well a few weeks later after I got home from Vegas I get a call from my agent and he said its unreal you got the commercial.  I said no way.  He said they had a meeting and liked you and your size but were very impressed with the armwrestling so they changed the commercial around and added armwrestling.  My agent couldn't believe they did that to a major commercial.  And that is how I got it.  I actually got 6 nationals commercials in my frist 8 interviews.  I had a very good record at the start. Then it leveled off with allot of local and a couple industrials.  Great industry and allot of fun.  I am surprised more BB don't do it.  They have to lose allot of size but it is worth it.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 03:17:35 AM »
Is the add implying that waking up next to a female bodybuilder is a shame !!!??
no shit...

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 03:20:31 AM »
$10,000 for 2 seconds isn't bad.  How long was the original tape and how long did it take to film just your part Onlyme?
:D Weee

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 03:38:39 AM »
$10,000 for 2 seconds isn't bad.  How long was the original tape and how long did it take to film just your part Onlyme?

Thats $ 300,000  an hour...not too shaby.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 03:41:35 AM »
So let me get this straight. She does a legit commercial and makes an honest buck, but if someone does a gay for pay shoot or movie nothing happends???

If thats the case this industry is clearly as fucked up as I had imagined and has it's priorities COMPLETLY backwords!!

Excellent post!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 03:44:21 AM »
Baha

"Hello I am keith jones, I have instantly transported to the secret location of the commercial shoot.  I require no makeup or direction, I simply exist to be here for the next 2 seconds.  Excuse me sir.  Hello old chap, hold your hand out, here we go.  Right.   Shoot over.  Thankyou for the money.  I bid thee farewell."

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 06:56:32 AM »
So let me get this straight. She does a legit commercial and makes an honest buck, but if someone does a gay for pay shoot or movie nothing happends???

If thats the case this industry is clearly as fucked up as I had imagined and has it's priorities COMPLETLY backwords!!

HRDCOR, can you or anyone who knows the IFBB rules please respond to this???????????

This is a more important question than "how to get into commercials" :-\!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 07:05:03 AM »

I noticed Joe Roark and Isaack (lift studios) were on here, maybe they can shed some light on this question!

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 07:17:50 AM »
Is it only me (haha) who thinks itīs fjukced up to change your last name to Sexius?  ;D
MIRAGETROPIN

Stavios

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 07:25:02 AM »
Hey I don't think the bber who were on Malcom in the middle gave a ggod name to bb either.

They looked so damn stupid

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 07:53:42 AM »
The new AXE Body cologne commercial asks: "Shamed by a questionable hookup?" then shows a young man waking up and being grinned at by a flexing female BBer, looking a lot like Joanna Thomas.  Anyone seen it?

I think the chick is much better looken than Joanna Thomas.  Well If she got her teeth fixed and put on a ton of makeup then dieted away some of that mass than maby your right.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 09:33:11 AM »
Hey man,

She prolly got a hell of a lot more than she ever would in the IFBB.

I don't know much about pro shows, but I remember someone posting that Chick won 10G's for his first place finish at the masters.

Considering he spent 10 solid weeks preparing for that contest, not to mention gear and food....he made 1G a weeK??????

Jeez man, i was making that working part time doing research in the summers during med school and that was almost 8 yrs ago!!!

Then people wonder why there is some support for the PDI.

I can't help myself with this one though.....

CHICK, MONSTER PROFIT MARGIN!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2006, 10:09:28 AM »

Still no response.....why??

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 11:41:11 AM »

No no I was in it for 1/2 a second 16 frames if I recall right.  The funny part is Stan had no idea how to setup the shot.  So he asked me where he should put the camera.  I really thought that was cool.  They also had the smoke machine going which paid me an extra $150 for hazardous atmoshpere.  That is where the union comes in great, they really think of everything.  I was there for a total of about 3 hours but the actual shoot not counting setup was about 45 miinutes.  I remember when I got the check a couple months later, I told my girlfriend I LOVE this business.  Others who were in the studio that day was Henry Tillman and Whitney Houston.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2006, 11:42:29 AM »
Thats $ 300,000  an hour...not too shaby.

Yea I bet everyone wished that how is paid out.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »
Is it only me (haha) who thinks itīs fjukced up to change your last name to Sexius?  ;D

Charlie didn't change his name.  That is his real name and he was very nice.  We became friends and he gave me allot fo advice over the years in regards to the industry.  One was you do not have to use your agent for every job.  WHen I was on Knotts Landing I got that on my own.  The director was a friend of mine.  But, I told my agent about it.  And everything went through him.  Well, that meant he got his 10% fee.  In most instances the agent will handle everything regarding the job and the contract will include his fee.  In some others it maybe taken out of your pay.  This so happen to be that way.  And Charlie told me I didn't have to tell my agent everythign I did.  Just like Dangerous Curves with Leslie Nielson.  I was in Florida doing an appearance in Ft. Meyers when I got a call on Friday from my friend Eddie Braun who was the stunt coordinator asking me if I wanted to come to San Diego and work on this film with him to play Leslie's bodyguard and do a few stunts.  I said yes and went.  I didn't go through my agent for that one either or any of the Orange juice.  So you don't have to tell your agent everything.

The way you pronounced Sexius is "say chus"  Not "sex us"

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2006, 12:53:21 PM »
No no I was in it for 1/2 a second 16 frames if I recall right.  The funny part is Stan had no idea how to setup the shot.  So he asked me where he should put the camera.  I really thought that was cool.  They also had the smoke machine going which paid me an extra $150 for hazardous atmoshpere.  That is where the union comes in great, they really think of everything.  I was there for a total of about 3 hours but the actual shoot not counting setup was about 45 miinutes.  I remember when I got the check a couple months later, I told my girlfriend I LOVE this business.  Others who were in the studio that day was Henry Tillman and Whitney Houston.
wtf, I was in a movie for longer than that and got nothin!  >:(  I need a new agent, damn it!
:D Weee

Ahmad

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2006, 01:24:45 PM »
The FBB on the Ad is Collete Nelson, Palumbo's girlfriend. Jitka was on the TV ad.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2006, 01:53:18 PM »
wtf, I was in a movie for longer than that and got nothin!  >:(  I need a new agent, damn it!
Stand ins dont count ;)

Onlyme, on the instances where you didnt tell your agent did he find out?

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2006, 02:06:41 PM »
Damn Onlyme, that's funny. I used that same mac commercial for a college presentation I did. It was a marketing class.
I took out the original sounds and replaced it with Rage against the machine's "KILLING IN THE NAME". It was bad ass. To think you are in it, wow, small world. 

If you want, I'll e-mail it to you. Just PM me. I should still have it.
tiny-tit bounty hunter