Author Topic: Nubret Diet  (Read 23473 times)

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
Re: Nubret Diet
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 09:50:13 PM »
They studied hormonal manipulations with food.    Test rises when you eat.   GH rises when you dont eat.  also IGF1 rises when you skip a meal.

So this stuff of eating every 3 hrs may be limiting your natural potential.

Interesting. However, I beleive it is all irrelevant how high your hormone levels are if you don't have enough calories or protein to grow.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 10:38:08 PM »
Interesting. However, I beleive it is all irrelevant how high your hormone levels are if you don't have enough calories or protein to grow.

They sipped at food all day, which was great for GH.  Then a big meal had alot of calories.....whos to say undr slight famine conditions, your body wouldnt assimilate those nutrients??

Your right its interesting stuff.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 11:28:03 AM »
Thanks for the info.
This is kinda what most bodybuilders back then did, they worked out alll day pretty  much and stayed tight, and then had big protein meals, that made them full,and they would strive to burn the extra calories off by the next workout.

Getting intothe habit of this  is hard, your muscles become flat and soft for about 2-3 weeeks, then you seem to harden up really fast and become tight,once your body maintains the calories. It's why looking back you notice how the bodybuilders who did this  had tight skin, 365 days of the year, not just come contest time for 2 weeks...

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »
True that they definetely looked harder more consistenly. Very interesting stuff.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 09:31:59 AM »
Most Sumo wrestlers will have one hugh meal of rice stew in the early evening time, with a brew drink something like beer.  There is very light eating and tea mid morning, if I remember correctly. A perfect way to put on slabs of fat. They do train hard most every day, so some of that food is converted into muscle. With that push-pull training, leverage (and the weight/resistence in the form of huge bwt, which is really needed for that sport) is of prime importance.

So when Joe Sixpack comes home at night and finishes a whole pizza with a six pack (maybe a snack at bed time also) he's on his way to Sumo size. Of course without the added muscle. Some of my veggie friends will eat one meal a day (in late afternoon) or fast for short periods and they have not a hint of muscle anywhere on their bodies. Humans are a grazing anamal by nature. My view:...For best muscle gains (for selective periods) grazing in the form of 6 or more small meals a day can work well for the average BB'er. Like suggested before, sipping a hi-protein drink throughout the day can work wonders for growth gains. Good Luck.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 09:43:21 AM »
Those are normal people who eat joe blows food,your way off with this method.
This works when wanting toreduce waist size bulk and become harder.
Your fasting your body and it's burning fat, during the day...then you feed it and you grow.
Working out and doing this is hard, and looking back in time at the greeks and romans this is what the did and they were much healthier.
I have been doing this for a week now, I've lost 2 lbs. my skin is super tight!! It's hard the first day.

Here is what I have been doing....

Wake up:
Take supps-non vitamins (since my stomcah is empty and not good to take vits on empty stomach hurts the stomach lining)

Train

Post- Bowl of cabbage soup

Then I graze on chicken broth mixed with chicken of rice and pepper.

Then come night time and the following
Salad with vinegar
ABB Pure Pro whey protein
6 chicken breasts
2 cans tuna
Cup of kidney beans
6 Rice cakes
3 tbs PB
Some dessert usually a few star cakes and some of this  crispy waffer things

Then I slepp, and next morning my skin is tight then through the day Im depleting, but still hard, kinda weird.

I'm just trying this having fun with it.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 10:26:52 AM »
I've been experimenting with the opposite. I've been eating during the morning/day & then less as the day goes on:

Here's an example:
9AM - Yogurt & Oatmeal (with protein powder)
11PM - Train (Drink a protein shake while training)
1-2PM - Eat a large meal (Chicken & rice or something along those lines)
6or7PM - Another large meal or a large Protein shake with Flax seed powder
12-1AM - 1 tablespoon of Hemp or Flax oil & 5 liver tablets (before bed)

I also will snack on some fruit or nuts during the day but I try not to eat much after 7PM. I've also cut my protein intake as well (from 300+ to about 175). So far it seems to work pretty well. I don't really know why I'm doing this because I used to eat every three hours. I guess I'm just tired of forcing myself to eat. The bonus is I haven't lost any size.