Author Topic: Toys for Tots Charity event in Ohio  (Read 4332 times)

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
Toys for Tots Charity event in Ohio
« on: May 11, 2006, 04:29:17 PM »
Hey guys just kinda tossing around the idea of running a Toys for Tots Charity event this coming winter.

It will be non-sanctioned ,touch and go ,with light judging. Gonna charge like a $20 and a toy for entry. All of the toys will be donated to the Charity as well as some money.

I myself will be doing a 315 for reps trying to get local businesses to donate upto $10 for each rep. I did 30 reps with it last night and still had tons in the tank so I dont think 50 would be hard to reach. This will all go to the Charity.

I will be trying to get some good prize packs together for the winners.I will go with a WPO type weight classes light,middle,heavy,SHW. And then a master over 40 , teen and womens all by formula

I would like to get some of the area pros to come in maybe take an exhibition lift(nothing to BIG) and then have a Q&A with the pros afterwards where the people can pick our brains for an hour or so.

I am huge on giving back to the sport and trying to do something like this will only broaden our horizon as a whole. If any of you would be intersted in competeing or any of you pros be interested in coming in and doing an exhibition or even just making an appearance to help the sport let me know.

It will be held here in Celina Ohio, which is west central Ohio.We are located on the Ohio / Indiana Border about 50 miles north of Dayton and I-70.

Let me know what you all think!!!!

Thanks Wolfy!!!!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Toys for Tots Charity event in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 04:31:38 PM »
sounds like a great idea Mike, good to see someone thinking of the kids, 50 reps at 315 ain't human.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

smallbenchj

• Getbig I
  • one more!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 07:33:23 AM »
Great Idea Mike, I'm in! Name the date and I'll be there. I know that I'm a nobody that just means that I have to bring two toys! Keep us up to date on what your thinking and if you decide to go through with it.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 04:33:46 PM »
Hey guys looks like this meet is gonna be held on Saturday ,December 2nd. Been getting a really good response back on all of this and alot of pros are interested in helping out.

The meet will be held here in Celina Ohio at the Breakaway RecPlex. I have reserved the indoor Tennis courts and we will have TONS of room.So now it is on me to get the ball rolling and take aim at running my first meet ever on my own.

I'll post more info in the near future but for now know it is gonna be a good time and will be helping out a Great Charity.

Wolfy!!!!

lilbigDawg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 05:39:26 AM »
I'll be there!! I'm in Dayton very easy drive.

Wolfy, will there be diff classes for RAW vs single or double? If not I better get a hold of Karin and get a double denim comp fit so I dont look like a complete fool.

See ya in Dec.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 05:40:49 PM »
No Raw division, thought about it but almost every "touch and go" we have had around here it has been about all shirted lifters. So no we will just be going :

Mens open ~ Lightwegiht class, Middleweight class, Heavyweight class, and Superheavyweight class

Masters ~ all men 40 and over by formula

Womens ~ all women by formula

Teens ~ all teens by formula

Shirts can be upto double ply in thickness (no t-shirts under bench shirts)You will be allowed shirt, wrist wraps, and a belt. You do not have to wear a singlet, but suggested. We are contemplating allowing elbow wraps but not sure yet.

This is just a basic guidline and can change so we will see once it get closer. It will be a great time and we got a hell of a DJ coming in also.

Wolfy!!!!