Author Topic: good pec symmetry  (Read 2939 times)

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
good pec symmetry
« on: May 11, 2006, 10:29:54 PM »
I have only been working out for a while, but I am noticing now that my left pec is larger mostly at the bottom than the right pec. I haven't even started doing decline bench press yet. Just lots and lots of dips, proper form, and flat bench press. Proper form, proper form. My hands are exactly spaced apart and when I'm lifting to failure, I don't tilt the bar. WTF am I supposed to do?! Should I stop lifting and just stick to dips and pushups or something. This is really depressing. Thanks for any advice.
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: good pec symmetry
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 01:55:07 AM »
I have only been working out for a while, but I am noticing now that my left pec is larger mostly at the bottom than the right pec. I haven't even started doing decline bench press yet. Just lots and lots of dips, proper form, and flat bench press. Proper form, proper form. My hands are exactly spaced apart and when I'm lifting to failure, I don't tilt the bar. WTF am I supposed to do?! Should I stop lifting and just stick to dips and pushups or something. This is really depressing. Thanks for any advice.

start using isolateral exercises (one arm at a time).  forget barbells for at least a month and stick to a routine of incline dumbbell press and then flat dumbbell press and then dumbbell flies.  Focus on sqeezing both sides of your chest and don't worry about how much you are lifting.  you have to teach your muscles how to contrat fully and stop compensating with your triceps and delts.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »
Dumbell Inclines does wonders by itself

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »
First thing, genetics, nobody's perfect.

Second, iso-lateral.

Third, there is a kind of disorder that makes you miss some muscles. It's not health-threatening, but excist. For example some people don't have a upper-pec.
I can't remember the name of the disorder, but it does exist. So if it looks really freaky, start to look for some medical advice.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 08:49:10 PM »
it's all in your head dude. It's nothing to do with the way you've been training.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 10:27:32 PM »
Some guy's who come to this site may want to write this down and paste it on their forehead less they forget: "No one has a perfect muscle balance on either side of their body". One side will be a little smaller than the other. One side will be dominate over the other side, that would also include strength, and it's usually not noticeable. Genentic has nothing to do with it. Attempting isolation movement (DB's, cables, pec decks, etc) can always  improve the imbalance but the perfect match will not occur.

There is not a type of disorder that "makes" you miss some muscle. (dontknowit is a very good choice of a name)  There is the pectorial major and the pectorial minor. Though they can be refered to with two division names they are one muscle unit that lives on your chest. Say hello to them because everyone has them.Yes women have them also under those stunning mounds known as mammary glands (thank you God).

Dips have a very direct influence on the lower portion of the pec's. May want to drop that exercise for awhile (including BB BP's) and focus on DB's, cables, pec decks, etc . These are not strict isolation exercises (nothing really is)  but should bring up any lagging side of the chest. Decline presses will affect the low portion of the pec's also. Inclines (DB's) influence the upper pec's more. The pec deck tends to focus more on the actual action of the whole pec area because the point of stress is on the elbows. Good Luck.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 02:39:48 PM »
 ::)

of course you could always try surgery  ;D

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 11:44:55 AM »
There is not a type of disorder that "makes" you miss some muscle. (dontknowit is a very good choice of a name)  There is the pectorial major and the pectorial minor. Though they can be refered to with two division names they are one muscle unit that lives on your chest. Say hello to them because everyone has them.Yes women have them also under those stunning mounds known as mammary glands (thank you God).

So called poland syndrome. It ain't about girls or boys or something, but it's a serious disorder with verious symptoms.
If seen it before were somebody was missing both pectoralis minor.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 12:48:51 PM »
 I beleive the subject was about potentional muscle development and not inborn muscle misplacement. The subject in the photo does not appear that he is missing any muscle tissue (either major or minor) but has ill shaped or under sized muscular formation. Actually the right pec looks structured  like a female breast. Even the shoulder,anterior delts & traps have a whole different level/width as do the collar bones and lower rib box from one side to the other. Very interesting.  Good Luck.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 01:50:37 PM »
You recently started training. You have no visible imbalances from your training. The body does a pretty good job of keeping itself proportionate unless you have been chronically training incorrectly for years.
Your pecs can dramatically change shape throughout the day. How much water you're retaining, hot or cold temperature, a rush of blood (pump), and simple lighting in the room are all good examples. The placebo effect, the psychological effect of not really understanding your muscular anatomy is in full force too. It's one or a combination of these factors is what you are confusing and blaming your training on.

Redwine

• Getbig II
  • Reality is Wrong, Dreams are for Real!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »
guys even im facing this kinda prob.. my chest seems to be okay except for lower chest.. i can see fat layer under ma nipples.. why is tht so? im been training really well for chest infact.. can any lemme know whtr should i do?
Make It Simple!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 09:08:34 PM »

I have noticed i am a little wider to the left then the right which makes my left pec appear larger but it is just as strong and (overall) just as shapely as my right side, don't worry bout it just be sure both side are pushing equally during chest exercises :)
I