Author Topic: Ironage standards.  (Read 6811 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Ironage standards.
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 05:19:17 PM »
1999 Ronnie had a gut and the Ironage ideal is NO Mr Olympia should have a gut , its contradictory to 40 years of history , it tarnishes the title when a 99/00/01/02/03/04/05 Ronnie can win with a gut , a LOT of Ironagers think Dorian shouldn't have won either , and I'm on that boat , Dorian 1997 should NOT have been called the greatest bodybuilder on the planet .

How much did it hurt you to say something negative about Dorian? ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 05:20:19 PM »
How much did it hurt you to say something negative about Dorian? ;D

ND is going to cut himself tonight :)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 05:20:35 PM »
  Ironagers are just too inconsistent. They think Ronnie's leg proportions are off but they praise Tom Platz.

They take Tom Platz for what he is a freak of his time , his phsyique was unbalanced and ugly in my opinion , they praise his work ethic and his intensity , only the extreme minority on Ironage claim he should have been Mr Olympia and notice the difference Platz wasn't winning every contest , Ronnie is .

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »
yes, I agree.  while the top bodybuilders train hard and take lots of drugs, many of the 2nd and 3rd tier bodybuilders seem to just take lots of drug.

I said Ironager's are afraid to train hard. 

ALL of those guys would look like today's competitors if they were competiting TODAY.  NONE of them would have said "I want to stay small, with little legs." 

That's why they were the best of THEIR TIME.   

Of course, they will say that they didn't/wouldn't want to look like today's champs, becasue the DIDN'T look like today's champs, so they don't want to feel inferior. 

The older I get, the better I was.......
Y

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 07:03:19 PM »
Matt i totally agree with your post of awhile back where you said that today's pro's are basically ironagers with 40 or 50 lbs. more muscle on them and that these so called "symmetrical" ironagers would look exactly the same with the same drug use as today's pros.
Obvious.  ::)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 07:16:43 PM »
They take Tom Platz for what he is a freak of his time , his phsyique was unbalanced and ugly in my opinion , they praise his work ethic and his intensity , only the extreme minority on Ironage claim he should have been Mr Olympia and notice the difference Platz wasn't winning every contest , Ronnie is .

Ronnie is so much more balanced than Platz you fucking moron >:(

Unchained81

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2006, 07:18:27 PM »
And you are watching Kin kong dvd special edition way to much.

Nice. ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 09:38:04 AM »
In all fairness Ronnie's gut in 2003 was not notable.  I urge you to watch the DVD if you haven't already.

I find it funny how ND's Lord and Savior (Peter McGough) commented that Ronnie's 2003 midsection had improved.

And ND still claims it was the biggest of his career ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

body88

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 09:56:25 AM »
yes, I agree.  while today's top bodybuilders train hard and take lots of drugs, many of the 2nd and 3rd tier bodybuilders seem to just take lots of drug.

Tim can you imagine if a lot of the pros of today trained with the intensity of platz? There are many pros that work hard, but there are also a lot who train a little more relaxed than their abilities would allow.

body88

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 10:39:10 AM »
Yes I agree and alot of the guys today respond so well they snooz in the gym... Can you imagine if Dillet trained like PLatz!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2006, 10:40:48 AM »
I find it funny how ND's Lord and Savior (Peter McGough) commented that Ronnie's 2003 midsection had improved.

No 2004 was lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2006, 10:46:12 AM »

Show me the direct quote were Peter McGough said Ronnie 2003 had an imrpoved missection , he said in 2000 at 264lbs his midsection needed streamlining , so I find that claim dubious !! and I have Flexs coverage from 2003 Olympia , I'll find the magazine and tell you myself  :)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2006, 11:18:52 AM »
ronnie...i love the guy...but ronnie with his distended gut is like a bodybuilder without an arm...kills his symetry. thats just the truth