Author Topic: Eric Otero... RIP  (Read 77322 times)

BigBack

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Eric Otero...RIP
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 10:17:07 AM »
Any details would be greatly appreciated.  I trained with Eric the past couple of years, on and off, at One to One in Houston.  He recently moved out here to San Antonio, but I had not been able to get in touch with him.
Eric was a great guy who got after it in the gym.  Very strong for his size.  He will be missed.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 10:23:11 AM »
Confirmed with Peter McGough:

He is confirmed dead. Found in his apartment by his family. Autopsy is due
today or tomorrow.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Eric Otero... RIP
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 10:30:21 AM »

Regardless of cause, this is truly tragic.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

BigBack

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 10:49:51 AM »
Have spoken with a few folks in the know.  Apparently, it wasn't rec drugs.  He had a bad reaction to a root canal (or some sort of dental work), or the antibiotics he received.  Also found out that he and his wife had jsut found out they were expecting a child.  Keep his family in your prayers.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »
Have spoken with a few folks in the know.  Apparently, it wasn't rec drugs.  He had a bad reaction to a root canal (or some sort of dental work), or the antibiotics he received.  Also found out that he and his wife had jsut found out they were expecting a child.  Keep his family in your prayers.

Damn, that is truly sad.  Rest in Peace.

Preinin974

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 11:03:48 AM »

Damn... RIP  :'(

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006, 11:34:26 AM »

it's wouldnt matter if he were gay or straight..one is no better than the other.  it's just plain sad.

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2006, 11:43:36 AM »
                                          RIP

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2006, 11:46:16 AM »
he looked great that year he got his card at nationals...maybe somebody will come through with some pics.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 02:47:12 PM »
it's wouldnt matter if he were gay or straight..one is no better than the other.  it's just plain sad.

They were expecting a baby, this makes his death more tragic, why did you feel offended?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 02:51:10 PM »
They were expecting a baby, this makes his death more tragic, why did you feel offended?
um, this is not about me. i'm very serene...regardless of circumstances, grieving loss is sad. so lighten up.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006, 02:56:45 PM »
I'm still shocked over this, he was a great guy.
ANIMAL

emerald37

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006, 03:02:59 PM »
Advil..

Are you referring to those over-the-counter asprin?  It's the Advil  I use when I experience head colds from time to time.  MY!   :-\.   On the same note, my condolences too go to his family.  If Advil was the true cause of death, I will stop taking it.  

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006, 04:08:49 PM »
damn bro's he was a true iron warrior ( NO PAIN NO BALLS!!!!!!!) I'm gonna do an extra drop set of skwats for this bro cause I know when it comes to bro's us bro's keep it like family bro
$

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »
This is just plian bad. I dont think he overdid rec:s... If it was from a bad dental job than thats fjukin bizar... I hope this guy can rest in peace...I hope his ghost gets to his dentist first.,,,what an ashole!
MIRAGETROPIN

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »
damn bro's he was a true iron warrior ( NO PAIN NO BALLS!!!!!!!) I'm gonna do an extra drop set of skwats for this bro cause I know when it comes to bro's us bro's keep it like family bro

I think you just set the record for concurrent use of the word 'bro' in one sentence, bro.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2006, 05:06:23 PM »
This isn't Castaway folks. You mean to tell me in the greatest country God ever created that a man can't get a half decent root canal and live to tell his friend about the wonderful Indian dentist who provided him with the best rooting (or canaling) a bber can pay for! Huh?!?! DUDES!!!!!
$

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2006, 06:01:36 PM »
Do you think his dental meds didn't mix well with something else he was taking?  Can this happen with the stuff he was probably taking?

Too bad - RIP...
Motherboy (the band).

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2006, 06:24:22 PM »
Dentists and advil are the new worlds leading killers..

word
$

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2006, 07:38:26 PM »
God damn, when will people fucking wake up and stop killing themselves.  thsi is to all on getbig members and to all that profit on blood of the momo's of the world, you need your head checked and for any guy that wants to be a pro stop what you are doing and go to college---out!!!!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2006, 07:53:54 PM »
Why blame anyone.  Got to have some personal responsibility in life and pay for the decisions you make.

Good point. If the bodybuilders simply said no, no , no to the extreme measures some use and had a more balanced lifestyle perhaps  we would not see a growing number of our champs RIP.
I am so sad for his family and loved ones at this time, my eart goes out to them.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2006, 08:26:29 PM »
 I'll guess we'll have to wait for the autopsy :-\

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2006, 11:42:26 PM »
Did he OD on something or what?  That's really sad.  I remember seeing him compete  a few years back. I thought he had a very good physic.

Rest in peace. God bless his soul.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2006, 11:53:01 PM »
not to be an A--hole or anything but if this crying over dead bodybuilders who obviously die from drug overdoses continues nothing will ever change. every time one dies it's always. "oh so sad" and never real deep investigations of wheather it was steroids or not.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2006, 12:17:17 AM »
I'm still shocked over this, he was a great guy.

why are you in shock? small dude wanted to be big inorder to climb the ladder...climbed to the top.. fell on the head and died.

no need for autopsy report its drugs.

great guy DOES NOT = good genetics...take it easy branch!
fallen angel