Author Topic: Juice but don't compete.  (Read 20808 times)

tjd0200

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Juice but don't compete.
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:32:48 AM »
How many juice but don't compete and don't plan on competing? Why? How much is your monthly cycle costing?

Just curious.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: Juice but don't compete.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:33:53 AM »
narc

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 09:35:04 AM »
How many juice but don't compete and don't plan on competing? Why? How much is your monthly cycle costing?

Just curious.

That's a great question.  I know far too many clubfags that spend a fortune on gear just to look buff at the clubs and the beach but still don't look like shit and never had any plans to compete.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 09:40:24 AM »
Gear is pointless if you don't compete. Taxing your body for no FUCKING reason.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 09:41:34 AM »

I agree yet i see it all the time.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 09:48:04 AM »

and it's all justified for chump change and some crap trophy?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 09:51:16 AM »
I agree yet i see it all the time.

Alleluia!!!

I wish you would make a DARE comercial ...like that ...
L

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 10:00:45 AM »

But it's ALL worth it to win a plastic trophy.  I agree!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 10:11:33 AM »
That's a great question.  I know far too many clubfags that spend a fortune on gear just to look buff at the clubs and the beach but still don't look like shit and never had any plans to compete.

Most of them go off at 28 and lose all their muscle within a year or so. then, at 38 they join a gym again and juice thier way up again.
at 50 they are wrecked. i see it alle the time in my gym.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »

Yeah, it makes much more sense to do it so you can step on stage for 5 minutes in hopes of winning a twenty dollar trophy.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 10:22:04 AM »
That's a great question.  I know far too many clubfags that spend a fortune on gear just to look buff at the clubs and the beach but still don't look like shit and never had any plans to compete.

We must live in the same area............

and it's all justified for chump change and some crap trophy?

Priceless.......

HAHA, RON.....

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 10:34:23 AM »

Fatality! ;D

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 10:40:07 AM »

sounds like someone hasnt won the plastic trophy yet
its comin today

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 10:43:57 AM »
juice along doesn't mean your ass can get upthere and wins trophies, if that was the case, every moron at Gold's gym would be MR Olympia
Get Big, or Die Trying

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 10:52:32 AM »
Is it kind of like your girlfriend taking birth control pills so you can have recreational sex, which we do not complain about?  ;D

Or

Breast implants, colored/dyed hair, hair extensions, fake nails, liposuction, lip enhancement, Botox injections, facial microdermabrasion, etc., all to cosmetically enhance your girlfriend or wife’s beauty, which we do not complain about  :o

Or

Anti-aging clinics, spa’s, etc., that conduct HRT, which we may all use on day

So

What is wrong with juicing (controlled and moderate) for one owns physical and mental enhancements?

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 10:56:44 AM »
We must live in the same area............

Priceless.......

I'm out here in Jersey training side by side with Federov right before his glorious NY Pro onslaught. 

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 11:13:52 AM »

What is wrong with juicing (controlled and moderate) for one owns physical and mental enhancements?

Ummm cause it is rarely CONTROLLED AND MODERATE ...
L

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 11:49:51 AM »
No crap - why put your body through it.  Just so you can look bigger than the local drunks at the clubs.  That's no victory...
Motherboy (the band).

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »
I guess it should be an individuals choice.. But that brings up another issue and that is the Governments classifying these "enhancement medicines" as Schedule III drugs. Gee go figure, even worse than Valium, which is one of the most widely prescribed house hold medication out there.

Sorry guys, on a soap box!!  :-X

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 11:56:07 AM »
I wouldn't put my body through heavy drug use, just to "compete".  To me it's no accomplishment winning the Warsack Fair Invitational, Superlightweight Division, Class C.  Competing doesn't mean squat to me.  If you're into it, great.  See who's body looks better geared up.  I could never get very involved in something that requires no talent.  I enjoy training for myself, but that's about it.
N

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 11:56:13 AM »

Well taxing your body for free mc donald certificates and 20 % discount coupons on Max Muscle products is smart ::)

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 12:08:09 PM »
I agree that it's pretty pointless to gear up if you have no plans of competing.

I think it's safe to say that 99.99% of people (except hardcore bodybuilding fans) prefer the "off" look over someone who's on.

And then there's the matter of your health.  Elevated blood pressure and all the other nice side effects like male pattern baldness, shriveled testicles and acne all over your back and shoulders.  And say what you want, but you're probably paying a lot of $$$ for the privilege of shaving a few years off your lifespan.

Maybe, MAYBE it's worth taking a calculated risk if you've got the genetics to do okay competitively and make $$$ from endorsements and/or contest winnings.  But otherwise it's just plain stupid and shortsighted.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 12:13:21 PM »
Bro, when you get to Crobar or Quo and all the lucious hunnies are there, nothing beats wearing my $90 D&G tanktop and looking friggin deisel ... Fell the music!!!

BRO!!
L

tjd0200

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 12:14:07 PM »
Is it kind of like your girlfriend taking birth control pills so you can have recreational sex, which we do not complain about?  ;D

Or

Breast implants, colored/dyed hair, hair extensions, fake nails, liposuction, lip enhancement, Botox injections, facial microdermabrasion, etc., all to cosmetically enhance your girlfriend or wife’s beauty, which we do not complain about  :o

Or

Anti-aging clinics, spa’s, etc., that conduct HRT, which we may all use on day

So

I wasn't complaining and don't want to chastise anyone for goin on the gear. I was just curious what non-competitors' reasoning was.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 12:16:13 PM »
I agree that it's pretty pointless to gear up if you have no plans of competing.

I think it's safe to say that 99.99% of people (except hardcore bodybuilding fans) prefer the "off" look over someone who's on.

And then there's the matter of your health.  Elevated blood pressure and all the other nice side effects like male pattern baldness, shriveled testicles and acne all over your back and shoulders.  And say what you want, but you're probably paying a lot of $$$ for the privilege of shaving a few years off your lifespan.

Maybe, MAYBE it's worth taking a calculated risk if you've got the genetics to do okay competitively and make $$$ from endorsements and/or contest winnings.  But otherwise it's just plain stupid and shortsighted.

Again, it is an individuals choice, just like the beer, wine, and other alcoholic drinks some use on the weekends. Plus, there is a difference between "heavy use, and "moderate use". Additionally, all the side effects you have listed are not necessarily true or every happen. And the side effects you listed are true of birth controll pills, which I assume you have not problem with?