Author Topic: stretching my scar  (Read 2103 times)

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
stretching my scar
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:06:05 AM »
Ok I have a scar going from ym tail bone to my last virtabrae on my back I can now feel my skin stretching and I'm just wondering if I run the risk of ripping the scar open or anything like that this may sound really stupid but yer im just wondering
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: stretching my scar
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 09:29:42 AM »
as your muscles grow so will the scar? it will stretch out.

scars are made to stretch out.your skin is every flexable and fairly thick

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 09:32:13 AM »
Cheers bro just thought as the skin has already been cut it would be at a higher risk of tearing and maybe wouldn't be as flexible
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 04:23:49 AM »
Your gonna be just fine bro! Whats the scar from If you dont mind me asking?

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 05:06:29 AM »
I had REALY BAD  scoliosis when i was born and it just got worse as i got taller so when my growth plates fused  they put 2 rods 1 on each side of my spine from tail bone to last virtabrae. Thats how I got into weight to strenghtin my bad and it helps with back pain
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 08:39:39 AM »
Your scar will not tear, though it may not be as elastic as normal skin tissue and a little discolored.  Really nothing to worry about in the long run. Their doing some medical skin bonding, rather than stiching, in the U.S. now. This can improve any future scarring concerns. Don't know what they do in Aussieland though. As you know, there can't be much more of a painfull experience than back problems and even the recovery from them.

I had major surgery on my L-4 & L5 disc at 21 years old and there is just a short line scar, which turns darker when out surfing and such. No big deal. I did a lot of GoodMorning  when building up the strength of the low back after the operation. This really helped. Took a couple of month's to get back to normal for lifting heavy again. Good Luck.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 01:36:24 PM »
I got a scar on the back of my shoulder and it has stretched 1/4th of it's size.  It is fine.  No tears or irritation whatsoever.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »
I would recommend using a skin cream (probably gonna get trolled for this one...) to soften the skin so that it stretches more easily

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 09:13:20 PM »
thanks for your help bro's appreciated muchly
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH