Author Topic: moobies  (Read 2658 times)

!@#$%

• Getbig III
moobies
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:41:41 PM »
What can you do if your chest starts drooping like this guy's:
http://www.fitnesspont.hu/mass-shop/picture_gallery/_not_gallery_pix/Pro_EB_2003_mass/Atwood/images/Art_Atwood_34.jpg

I've stopped doing flat bench for almost a year now, and am only drooping a little. I noticed Jay Cutler has a nice clean line beneath his pecs and he is huge. Dips are supposed to help but they haven't been doing anything for me and I've done them for years. I've never seen this topic discussed anywhere.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: moobies
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 03:01:25 PM »
I think that the shape of your muscles is 99% genetic... why does it bother you?

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:21:27 PM »
I think that the shape of your muscles is 99% genetic... why does it bother you?

It bothers me because it is not aesthetically pleasing. Aesthetics are a part of bodybuilding, which is more than just keeping your waist small. Anything you can do to improve the look of your muscles, should be pursued, in my opinion.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:53:11 PM »
incline bench is more dominate then flat bench

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »
It bothers me because it is not aesthetically pleasing. Aesthetics are a part of bodybuilding, which is more than just keeping your waist small. Anything you can do to improve the look of your muscles, should be pursued, in my opinion.

have your genes resequenced  ::)

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 07:29:29 PM »
incline bench is more dominate then flat bench

I know and I'm sure the guy in that picture knows this as well. I always had a good line on my lower pecs until I decided I wanted to do heavy flat bench for a couple years. Now, that I've gone back to inclines, my pecs are hanging down a little. That is why I don't think it is genetic, because it never happened to me until I started doing heavy flat bench presses.

So besides inclines and dips, that's about it? No secret thing I'm not aware of? Maybe if I stick with inclines my lower pecs will atrophy enough to not be a problem.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:03:31 PM »
Your pec's have a droop or hang a little because the lower portion is over developed. Flat benches, but mostly dip's and declines, can cause this affect. The lower pec may atrophy a bit but still is influenced by inclines, fly's, etc to a lesser degree. Atrophy is a muscle/tissue wasting issue. Extreme loss of bwt weight is another way that a muscle could atrophy.  For most guy's the upper pec's are a very hard area to develop because when doing presses (inclines or flat)  the delts & triceps tend to come into greater play for most people. And genetics do have a role in pec muscle action-reaction, depth, width & shape.

Might try incline DB presses and fly's with the elbows held wide & a little higher  than the front delts (shoulders) line . Use a pec deck, with it adjusted high enought where the elbows are higher than the shoulders  and the elbows placed in the upper portion of the pads. There are some tricks to gripping & twisting the DB's when doing inclines which are beyond my means to explain, just to say that focus on keeping the little finger(s) higher than the thumbs in the DB grip.  Touch both bells together firmly at the top position but do not lock out the elbows,  keep the tension on throughout the press. Good Luck.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 10:05:23 PM »
 incline fly movements