Author Topic: happy day for me  (Read 4192 times)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
happy day for me
« on: May 23, 2006, 05:24:12 AM »
ok first let me say that nobody cares about what i am going to write but me but since i feel like talking about it i will.

as a tall guy (6'3) with long arms (37-38 dress shirt, yes i can almost touch my knees without bending my waist, i am a gorilla) i have been for years working to build my arms (well everything actually). anybody that has long arms has the simliar problem. well the other night (before anybody yells foul or cheating i know) after a good bi/tri workout i got home and got out the accumeasure tape and for the first time my arms were 20 1/16. Its the first time i am over 20 inches and feel pretty proud for a old guy (38). i know that it had allot to do with the pump but so what i am happy and feel both good about my bi's and horse shoe tri's that i felt like writing. i still feel like i have a ways to go and the process is slow since i never juice and am getting older but i would like to get to 21 in the next year or so without my bodyweight or bodyfat % going up.

no need for attacks i am happy and i know others who have been posting and working out for years can understand what i am saying, sometimes i joke (ok allot of the time) with people here but sometimes things you guys write gets me thru a day when i do not feel like working out. thanks.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: happy day for me
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 11:27:58 AM »
right on, thats a good accomplishment. It always feels really good when you reach your goal
big or bust

FatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Man these weights are heavy!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:31:47 AM »
Good Job, Keep it up!! ;D

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »
thanks. somedays the best part of a otherwise shitty day is hanging here talking crap or workout stuff.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 12:22:33 PM »
thanks. somedays the best part of a otherwise shitty day is hanging here talking crap or workout stuff.

congrats. 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 04:23:52 PM »
Tell me your routine and i will give you a routine to get them bigger.
just push some weight!

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 04:56:44 PM »
keep going.dont just stay at 1 goal.

good for ya  ;)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 05:24:27 PM »
Tell me your routine and i will give you a routine to get them bigger.
idiot

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 05:26:05 PM »
awesome job dude... from what you described you must be an ectomorph (i think)... it's very hard for you guys to fill in your limbs... post a pic (of your arm), that way you can compare next year

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 05:19:03 AM »
20" muscular arms are quite an accomplishment, especially naturally. Not many get there.
The House that Ruth built

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 08:28:53 AM »
Hey bro good to go. Your a damm gorilla , tall guys get screwed. Don't post a pic, the stupidity will come out in force. Hey whatt're your numbers for the big three. Anyway keep going i guess you got retard strength going for u
L

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 08:31:39 AM »
Excellent!

Keep being sore.. ;)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 08:47:42 AM »
Hey bro good to go. Your a damm gorilla , tall guys get screwed. Don't post a pic, the stupidity will come out in force. Hey whatt're your numbers for the big three. Anyway keep going i guess you got retard strength going for u

thanks as always fucking pats fan buddy

my bench is down due to elbow/shoulder issue (no jokes) a high of 405 for 2 reps but now working at 330 for reps should be back up my end of summer.

i broke down and got a pair of hooks but have been doing 405 on rack deads for 6 reps but think i can get closer to 450 since grip has been a problem.

squats depends on the week but doing 315 7-8 reps ass to the ground but can get 5-6 reps 405 if i stop at parallel.

not super strength numbers but being old and having 2 herniated disks and training by myself at the gym not bad. i am cycling a phase right now to increase my strength so hopefull i can continue to move up the weight. a few years ago i just wanted to keep from falling down because of my back got so bad now i want to get full reps on the big 3 with 405 and then before i am 42 would like to hit 500 on all three.i am geeky about keeping a journal and track of both my size and lifts as well as goals for the furture.

thanks again to everybody's nice comments hope you all reach your goals as well.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 08:58:20 AM »
As someone who has had shoulder & elbow probs and am in my 40s..

To reduce the chance for injury at any age & especially with the brittleness than starts to happen in the 40s, keep the reps no lower than moderate range 8-12. Even can do 10-15; reduces the injury risk while still building size-a majority would say that moderate reps are better for size anyway. Rest no longer than 1 minute between sets to keep the muscles warm and intensity high.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 09:03:30 AM »
To reduce the chance for injury, especially with the brittleness than starts to happen in the 40s, keep the reps higher in the moderate range 8-12. Even try 10-15; definitely reduces the injury risk while still working the muscles well-some would say better. Rest no longer than 1 minute between sets to keep the muscles warm and intensity high.

are you kidding me...brittleness...im old but not that old..i understand your advice but could you next time rephrase the word to maybe something else that sounds less like im going to break a hip falling from my walker...:)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 09:04:56 AM »
You're being too sensitive; the message is the thing. Brittleness or whatever you want to call it starts becoming an increasing factor in the 40s and will only become more pronounced. It's true, and has to be addresses with more careful training procedures. If you've already had some injuries and are going with such low reps you'd be better off considering this. I mean, heavy weights for only 2 reps is begging for the kinds of injuries you've experienced, macho man!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 09:13:27 AM »
You're being too sensitive; the message is the thing. Brittleness or whatever you want to call it starts becoming an increasing factor in the 40s and will only become more pronounced. It's true, and has to be addresses with more careful training procedures. If you've already had some injuries and are going with such low reps you'd be better off considering this. I mean, heavy weights for only 2 reps is begging for the kinds of injuries you've experienced, macho man!

my injuries have been non related to working out. back was injured from the marines and another injury (long story). and my elbow is self inflicted because i tripped on the stairs (i am a clumbsy fuck) and shoulders is because i was wrestling with my son and again forget myself. i have never in my 20+years of lifting ever hurt myself in the gym, really no shit i am very carefull.

that being said yes i am a senstive little girl for your use of the term brittle..:) i understand with age comes caution but i refuse to back down till my body breaks due to the strain.i figure with my normal issues with stress and rage and anger i will die of heart failure long before my body gives out...:)

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 09:41:05 AM »

thanks as always fucking pats fan buddy

my bench is down due to elbow/shoulder issue (no jokes) a high of 405 for 2 reps but now working at 330 for reps should be back up my end of summer.

i broke down and got a pair of hooks but have been doing 405 on rack deads for 6 reps but think i can get closer to 450 since grip has been a problem.

squats depends on the week but doing 315 7-8 reps ass to the ground but can get 5-6 reps 405 if i stop at parallel.

not super strength numbers but being old and having 2 herniated disks and training by myself at the gym not bad. i am cycling a phase right now to increase my strength so hopefull i can continue to move up the weight. a few years ago i just wanted to keep from falling down because of my back got so bad now i want to get full reps on the big 3 with 405 and then before i am 42 would like to hit 500 on all three.i am geeky about keeping a journal and track of both my size and lifts as well as goals for the furture.

thanks again to everybody's nice comments hope you all reach your goals as well.

Those are impressive numbers. We have the same body type, What is your body weight?

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 10:16:54 AM »
Those are impressive numbers. We have the same body type, What is your body weight?

last time i stepped on the scale a couple of weeks ago 289 lbs

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 11:17:45 AM »
last time i stepped on the scale a couple of weeks ago 289 lbs

ok, you are not an ectomorph. You can handle that kind of weight ;D

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 12:03:15 PM »
ok, you are not an ectomorph. You can handle that kind of weight ;D

yea i used to be skinny i graduated HS at 175 lbs got out the corp at 190 lbs been lift for 16 years to get this big.not fat (well not much) you can see the outline of my abs when i flex all 6 but really large shoulders and arms and height  spreads it out. hell when i look in the mirror i feel skinny so go figure.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 12:43:58 PM »
I read all of this and still don't give a shit about you  :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 12:45:29 PM »
I read all of this and still don't give a shit about you  :)

damm but at least you put on the smiley..:)

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 12:48:12 PM »
ROFL

Seriously, good for you dude.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods