Author Topic: LITTLE MEN KEEP ON COMPLAINING!  (Read 14111 times)

Stavios

Re: LITTLE MEN KEEP ON COMPLAINING!
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 06:38:01 PM »
If alexxx is 240 he would be maybe 210-215 on stage so that makes him a heavy. What he needs to realise is that the other heavyweight will weight the same but they will be 5'10/5'11, not 6'4 !

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 06:39:21 PM »
If alexxx is 240 he would be maybe 210-215 on stage so that makes him a heavy. What he needs to realise is that the other heavyweight will weight the same but they will be 5'10/5'11, not 6'4 !

they won't have my perfect shape ;)
just push some weight!

Bast175

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 06:40:27 PM »
they won't have my perfect shape ;)

monster narrow high lats, narrow shoulders and short biceps and triceps insertions.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 06:44:47 PM »

Either way you cut it- He would get embarrassed as a Middleweight, and Heavyweight... Alexx, maybe SUPERHEAVYweight? Just enter the  way you are now, and maybe the judges will give you the edge for your awesome muscularity!  ;D

Stavios

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 06:46:26 PM »
I never saw a super-heavy at a local competition here in montreal so YES ! Alexxx could place  :o

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 06:47:49 PM »
I never saw a super-heavy at a local competition here in montreal so YES ! Alexxx could place  :o

Alexx! DOOOOO EEEEEET!!!! 

;D ;D

Stavios

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 06:49:21 PM »
Yes Alexxx, do the progym cup in november ! I'll bring a lot of supporter

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 06:55:50 PM »
Yes Alexxx, do the progym cup in november ! I'll bring a lot of supporter

Will there be hot chicks?
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2006, 08:15:04 PM »
Yes ! there is a lot of hot chicks in my gym who goes to competition all the time, I'll bring them for you Alexxx. When they will see your muscular built onstage, they'll go crazy  :o

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2006, 08:15:58 PM »
Yes ! there is a lot of hot chicks in my gym who goes to competition all the time, I'll bring them for you Alexxx. When they will see your muscular built onstage, they'll go crazy  :o

Ok count me in then! :)
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2006, 08:20:08 PM »
Yes AVBG !
Well at least if he win his class he will certainly be on the RDS channel here in montreal  :o

Alexxx will be a superstar

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2006, 08:21:06 PM »
Yes AVBG !
Well at least if he win his class he will certainly be on the RDS channel here in montreal  :o

Alexxx will be a superstar

Awesome but am I getting any money for winning?
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2006, 08:24:13 PM »
Awesome but am I getting any money for winning?
No you don't win money from amateur show.

well I think if you win the overall at the provincial you have like 500 $ and the canadian 1000$

I could be wrong but I think it was that way last year.

But here is the plan alexxx ! you find some sponsors to pay for your expenses ( I am sure Reebok or Nike would be REALLY interessed). Then you win the progym, provincial AND the canadian overall. that would make you 1500 $.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2006, 08:28:36 PM »
No you don't win money from amateur show.

well I think if you win the overall at the provincial you have like 500 $ and the canadian 1000$

I could be wrong but I think it was that way last year.

But here is the plan alexxx ! you find some sponsors to pay for your expenses ( I am sure Reebok or Nike would be REALLY interessed). Then you win the progym, provincial AND the canadian overall. that would make you 1500 $.

Do they really sponser bodybuilders? or am I an exception to the rule?
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2006, 08:40:52 PM »
Well I don't think Nike or Reebok sponsors bodybuilder but come on ! You are Alexxx ! THE Alexxx !

I am sure they have a couple of thousands available for such a champion

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 08:43:16 PM »
Well I don't think Nike or Reebok sponsors bodybuilder but come on ! You are Alexxx ! THE Alexxx !

I am sure they have a couple of thousands available for such a champion

Makes sense. :)
just push some weight!

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 09:54:53 PM »
Well, some local supplement companies do sponsor bodybuilders. My girlfriend got 2000$ in cash, plus 2000$ worth of supplements for her preparation for the Canadian championships last year, she also received something like 500-600$ worth of supplements from an independant supplement store BUT she has a website which attracts over 12 000 unque visitors per month, which is more attractive for sponsors... my friend who won the masters class at the Canadian champs (and won his pro IFBB card) had a similar deal with the same company. But these are only for athletes who are already qualified for the Canadian champs (which is actually not an easy thing to do, especially for guys). Some of my friends are "sponsored" by the same company but only receive 500$ in cash and 500$ worth of supplements, but were talking about guys who only reached the provincial level.

Then again, you cannot simply walk in their office and ask for cash. They will not sponsor someone who hasn't competed before. They are not doing this to help you out, but to make money. And to do so they must be certain that the athlete will actually present himself on stage and look decent. 

BTW, 2000$ dollars in cash sounds good, but that doesn't even being to cover the grocery bills!!! Contest eating is MUCH more expensive than "regular" eating. For some odd reason "junk" or low quality food costs much less than high-quality/bodybuilding friendly food.

As an example, my daily food bill (for myself alone) is around 30-40$ per day when preparing for a show.. so that's around 210-280$ per week just to eat the proper food. As a comparison, a few weeks ago I had a cheat day and bought enough junk (donoughts, cookies, ice cream, etc.) for a whole army and it cost me something like 15$ and I wasn't even able to eat half of it during the day!

Considering that a solid preparation period (depending on your starting body fat level) lasts anywhere from 12 to 20 weeks, we're talking 2500 - 5000$ only for the food!!! Obviously you would still need to buy food even if you weren't dieting, so that's not all extra expenses, but from experience, contest eating is something like 40-50% more expensive than regular eating... so best case scenario we're talking about an additional 1250 - 2500$ just from food.

Then you must consider the supplements issue. Again, one of the sad things is that if you decide to do a show naturally (no drugs) your supplement bill will actually be bigger than a guy's drug bill (unless he uses more expensive stuff like hGH). For example, your protein powder might come up to 70$/month, creatine 50$/month, glutamine 40$/month, BCAAs (almost mendatory for the natural bodybuilder) 40$/month, various other sups (tribulus, a fat burner, vitamins, minerals, etc.) might run you up and additional 50-60/month. It's quite easy to invest 200-300$/month in supplements when preparing for a show. Now, you don't HAVE TO use supplements. But they sure can help, especially if you go the natural route. So right there we're talking about an additional 600-1200$ for the preparation.

Then you have the little extras like the pro tan (body colour for the show), oild, posing suit, registration fees (100$ for most competitions in Quebec/Canada), show photographer (60$), federation card (60$), etc. If you hire a coach to help you out you will normally have to shell out an additional 150-250$/month. Then you might have hotel/travel fees. When my girlfriend competed at the Canadian World Qualifyer (natural canadian champs) 2 years ago we had to go to Ontario and the journey/hotel and fringe expenses went up to close to 2000$ This year she is competing in both the WQ in Ontario and the "regular" Canadian champs in Saskatchewan... she we're talking at least 4000$ right there. And I don't even want to think about if she wins the WQ and qualifies for the Amateur World championships in Spain... another 4000$

As you can see if you are doing this for the money you are in the wrong sport!!! The only guys/gals who make money DIRECTLY from the sport are the top 10-15 pros in the world and MAYBE some very marketable  top level amateurs. Now, many WILL make money indirectly by using their competitive status as a marketing tool to boost their personal training business. But as a rule of the thumb, when you compete at the amateur level each contest you do will cost you money.

One other thing that many people don't consider is that in the last phases of a pre-contest diet you're pretty much a zombie. As a result many guys/gals have to lower their workload/job hours and as a result make less money than they normally would. A guy I trained and who won the Pro Gym cup last year (light heavy and overall) actually dropped out of his university program during his diet because he was unable to focus.

That having been said, if you truely love the sport, you'll do it by passion and money will appear to be very secondary. And if you really want to do it and have the burning desire to surpass yourself, don't let anybody try to convince you not to do it... there will always be some negative energy from peoples around you when you are preparing for a show.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2006, 01:47:31 AM »
Hey, don't knock Alexxx now; while he may have a long (ok, ok, make that VERY long) way to go in the bodybuilding arena, at least he recognizes my man Robby as one of the greatest ever, unlike a certain Uncle Joe!
Team Goodrum!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: LITTLE MEN KEEP ON COMPAINING!
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2006, 01:58:07 AM »

....here's one for you:  shut the hell up and train,

AGREED

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2006, 02:42:28 AM »
who wins
sarcasm or alexxx
i say alexxx

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2006, 03:10:52 AM »

As an example, my daily food bill (for myself alone) is around 30-40$ per day when preparing for a show.. so that's around 210-280$ per week just to eat the proper food. As a comparison, a few weeks ago I had a cheat day and bought enough junk (donoughts, cookies, ice cream, etc.) for a whole army and it cost me something like 15$ and I wasn't even able to eat half of it during the day!

Hmmmm... the 30-40$ actually was a bit conservative (I always pay with my debit card and never really look at what it costs me) so I did a little calculation. Yesterday's food (BTW, I always buy my food on the same day as I eat it, this allows me to avoid stockpiling anything and being tempted to overeat).

4 cartons pasteurized egg whites - 3.50$ each; 14$
4 lean turkey portions (175g each) - 4.89$ each: let's say 20$
Green veggies - 6.40$, let's say 7$
Fat free cheese pack - 4.39$: let's say 4.50$
Crystal light - 1 pack (6 individual portions) 2.89$: let's say 3$

For a daily total of around 48$ ... basically 50$ And that's pretty much my standard daily diet... I also ingest 2 whole eggs per day, so that's about a dozen a week...3$ more, but that's hardly significant.

350$/week on food, I'm depressed now... I can only imagine how much guys like Jay Cutler spend!!!

BTW, I am one of the "LITTLE MEN" at a tad under 5'8" (what happened, I used to be 5'9" in high school :(  ) but I'm not complaining... well I might be on the food issue, but that's about it!

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2006, 03:13:57 AM »
Hey, don't knock Alexxx now; while he may have a long (ok, ok, make that VERY long) way to go in the bodybuilding arena,

It's not where you start at... it's where you end up at that's important.

Stavios

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2006, 05:39:07 AM »
you are eating 4 cartons egg whites per day ?!?!  :o
isn't 1 cartoon the equivalent as 8 egg whites ?

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2006, 05:46:37 AM »
you are eating 4 cartons egg whites per day ?!?!  :o
isn't 1 cartoon the equivalent as 8 egg whites ?

Yes... 4 cartons = 100g of protein ... I don't use much protein powder when dieting, only 1 shake of isolate post workout... with the turkey I get 120g of protein, 54g from the isolate powder and 12g from the whole eggs for a total of 285g per day, which is pretty standard for a 200-205lbs competitor.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2006, 05:49:12 AM »
who wins
sarcasm or alexxx
i say alexxx

Alexxx definitely outmuscles sarcasm ;D