Author Topic: IFBB Athletes Rep.  (Read 12484 times)

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
IFBB Athletes Rep.
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:13:37 PM »
We all know Bob C. is the athletes rep. for the IFBB. I feel that the person being the rep. for IFBB bb'ers shouldn't be a presently competing bb'er or promoter as imo it creates a conflict of interest or what can be percieved to be one a la Bob C. getting this very thing thrown at him quite often.

Who, in the opinion of getbiggers then, should be the rep. for the athletes in the IFBB? IMO a great rep. for the IFBB bb'ers would be the Myth himself Sergio Oliva!He's retired from competing, knows what its like to have been a competitive bb'er & is not scared to say it like it is in regards to the IFBB. Other ppl. here give their preference if possible & reasons why.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: IFBB Athletes Rep.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:47:05 PM »

IFBB Athletes Rep should be

1) Someone who looks out for the IFBB Athletes.
2) Someone who has been an IFBB pro competitor, or retired, because they know it it takes.
3) Someone who does not promote an event, because then they are a promoter, not an athlete.
4) Someone who is willing to do this for the love of the sport, doesnt get paid, has to pay
     there own way, room, etc.
5) Someone who cares about the IFBB and the growth of the IFBB and it's athletes.

If you don't think Bob is doing a good job, then ask any other IFBB pro who would like to do it. You will find extremely slim pickings on that.

Keep this thread clean and serious!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 12:50:07 PM »

Yes daddy

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:53:54 PM »
How bout Kevin Levrone ??
or Lee Haney
L

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »

No 'how abouts'. I don't think either wants to do it.

You need to find someone who wants to be the Athletes Rep for the IFBB, and think of the IFBB athletes. Not the PDI athletes, or any other organization, but the IFBB.

When you find a pro that wants to do it, then there is something there.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:07:16 PM »
Well if they know the workings of the IFBB, why would they want to even attend to the issue if its all for not ?

Thats like gettin a Democratic Party Ideas Rep for the Republican party..
in that the IFBB makes money of the cattle, i mean athletes..knowing that the only change can happen if you get someone to rally the troops together and do a strike or something..

Classic Marxism

BOURGEOIS = IFBB
PROLETARIANS = Bodybuilders
L

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 01:09:56 PM »
How bout Kevin Levrone ??

I hear he's looking for a job :P!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 01:29:20 PM »
Well if they know the workings of the IFBB, why would they want to even attend to the issue if its all for not? Thats like gettin a Democratic Party Ideas Rep for the Republican party.. in that the IFBB makes money of the cattle, i mean athletes.. knowing that the only change can happen if you get someone to rally the troops together and do a strike or something..

Thanks for your enlightened focused post on the IFBB Athletes Rep. According to you, why do anything? Why even compete in the IFBB? Guess what - you don't have to if you don't want to. Go compete in Nabba, the PDI, etc.  So back to the question, at this moment, Bob is the best candidate for the IFBB Athlete's Rep position and does it as well as he can. I havent heard any other athlete who wants it.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 01:37:03 PM »
Thanks for your enlightened focused post on the IFBB Athletes Rep. According to you, why do anything? Why even compete in the IFBB? Guess what - you don't have to if you don't want to. Go compete in Nabba, the PDI, etc.  So back to the question, at this moment, Bob is the best candidate for the IFBB Athlete's Rep position and does it as well as he can. I havent heard any other athlete who wants it.

An athlete rep can only do so much...you need the athletes!  Bob has his heart in the right place , but when you have ten guys go to an important meeting, then that tells the IFBB that the athletes dont respect the postion and dont care about thier livelihood enough, if they didnt care to go. Bob is probably as good a rep they can get, but the position seems to hold no power.

So to answer the question.. the best rep is someone that can get all the guys on board...i dont know who that is , but until they strike or protest as a collective whole then they are cattle.
Im not tryin to be a prick, i have for a long time already analyzed institutions that are oppressive in terms of Labor practices..and BB is by far one of the most egrecious of all institutions, and one person can not change that by himself.
L

LifterChick

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »
You have to have a starting point. All ideas have to come from one man in the beginning.  Will the changes needed occur in Bob's time? Probably not.  But the foundation that he is building will be there and hopefully be rallied around and built upon.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »
IFBB Athletes Rep should be

1) Someone who looks out for the IFBB Athletes.
2) Someone who has been an IFBB pro competitor, or retired, because they know it it takes.
3) Someone who does not promote an event, because then they are a promoter, not an athlete.
4) Someone who is willing to do this for the love of the sport, doesnt get paid, has to pay
     there own way, room, etc.
5) Someone who cares about the IFBB and the growth of the IFBB and it's athletes.

If you don't think Bob is doing a good job, then ask any other IFBB pro who would like to do it. You will find extremely slim pickings on that.

why wouldnt he be paid?  because he automatically is given a pro win?

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 03:36:26 PM »
"The only hope lies with the Proles"            Orwell
Rectum defendere!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 03:47:45 PM »
I think that the position of "Athlete's Rep" would be better defined as "Athletes' Liason Officer" or whatever you want to call it in civilian life.

The term "Athletes' Rep" would be more appropriate if the "Rep" was an individual who worked outside of the IFBB and butted heads with them on a more frequent basis without "fear" of losing his/her position.

I think that Bob does a great job under the circumstances but he would be less of a target for criticism if the title was changed to "Liason Person".

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 03:53:59 PM »
i still don't know what he's done yet as the athlete's rep?
Deep Tissue Massage

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 04:14:47 PM »
i still don't know what he's done yet as the athlete's rep?

Thats because you're not a IFBB pro, or follow the progress thats been made the last 2 years...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 03:37:15 AM »
Thats because you're not a IFBB pro, or follow the progress thats been made the last 2 years...

Chic not much progress when their is a big controversy on payment of winnings and already one show has been cancelled.  How come this has never happened in any other show (where checks have bounced all over the place).  I know it was the bank fault (according to you).  But the fact is their was no money in the account to begin with to cover the checks.  The bank might have made a mistake by not transferring money from another account but why would that be needed.  there shoudl have been money in the account.  Then the bank wouldn't have had to do or not do anything.  Very simple answer but no one will take responsibility.  And as the rep you have seen what has happened.  You should n't have to wait for anyone to call you.  You should step in right now and get things taken care of and punish Sean and the show for not following the rules and make sure all monies are paid to the athletes plus other costs they might have incurred. 

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 06:29:48 AM »
Thats because you're not a IFBB pro

SO that means that you are keeping progress a secret to the fans and not the public?
I guess you have to go to the meetings to find out first hand what progress has been made ....
Here is a pic from the last meeting >>

L

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 07:49:11 AM »
There should be multiple reps.  How can one guy in CA represent every bber in the world?  There are pros in every country.  Maybe there should be multiple reps and those are the ones that would meet like twice a year at the O and Arnold.

I mean, how many pros from all over the world want to fly to Vegas to be heard.  Multiple reps could represent the attitude of the athletes better...
Motherboy (the band).

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 07:55:46 AM »
BB are some of the dumbest people around, when you get a group of dummies together and have them led by a head dummy then you have cattle. and Joe and ben are the cattle drivers..sad but true, with the exception of a few BB...Dugdale, Rhino, Ray ...most of them can peice together a whole sentence, maybe thats why they cant post on getbig ...hell i bet some of them think only nerds use computers, like branch. The sad thing is that even mexicans can form a union and get thier demands met (Cesar Chavez, United Farmworkers Coalition )... we all know what happens to cattle ..they eventually get slaughtered.
L

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 07:57:14 AM »
 Ken Jones has a great deal of experience and has expressed interest in the position.

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 08:06:53 AM »
Ken Jones has a great deal of experience and has expressed interest in the position.
Oh hell no.  Kennys got himself more politics than he can handle at this point.
Truly STOP WHINING

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 08:24:57 AM »
Interesting that when athletes got screwed at the Toronto Pro, all Bob could do was defend the poor promoter, WInston.

Interesting that when athletes' check bounced, all Bob could do was defend VYOtech.

Is he representing the athletes?  Or promoters?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 08:30:44 AM »
Oh hell no.  Kennys got himself more politics than he can handle at this point.

That guy has a "sideburns into a mustache"! :o Totally awesome! ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 09:04:54 AM »
Last I knew, the Toronto Pro was cancelled...hard to get screwed at a show that never takes place.

I'm in contact with all the athletes that competed at the Colorado Pro..so far no one has had a problem to look into....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 09:30:13 AM »
Thanks, Chick, Great to hear that no checks bounced then and all were paid as planned.

Thanks for clarifying this.