Author Topic: Rheo Blair's Protein  (Read 5717 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Rheo Blair's Protein
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:20:34 PM »
Just wondering if anyone is on the board from back in the day and ever got to try some of this stuff?
I tried LarryScott's Bio-Phase a long time ago and gained alot of size but I think it was just due to the whpping cream and whole milk?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Rheo Blair's Protein
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 05:27:40 PM »
I used it in the early 60's when Larry Scott recommended it as the only good protein available. I think it was an egg protein exclusively.

I do recall driving to a small store in L.A. to get it and I think it was Rheo Blair who actually sold it to me.

The store was in a small forested area with a small lake in the vicinity and it was the most popular product of its kind for a few years. I never did find out why it eventually became unavailable.

Later on we switched to Mus-L-On which was produced further north in the Fremont, California area. A friend of mine used to shovel it from big barrels into smaller containers and I'd always leave that warehouse with a big shopping bag full of MLO.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 05:08:41 AM »
I used Blair's for a few years. I would send to California for it and buy 6/2 lbs containers at a time, it was expensive. I mixed it with canned pineapple and half and half or just half and half with a banana flavoring that was sold through the Blair's organization. I was in the best shape of my life back then, while using Blair's

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 05:14:15 PM »
Man thats cool, yeah he wanted the fat to go with the protein just like Vince G.
Yeah larry Scoot proclaims he made a protein just like blair's but it has alot of sugar 28 grams per serving,with 30 grams of protein, then you mix it with heavy whipping cream,so of course your going to gain some weight.

What did blair's protein taste like? I heard it only came in like a cream vanilla flavor??

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 10:28:45 PM »
Blairs alone, mixed with water or cream had a great taste. You could buy a mixer ( it was orange and had a bottom moulded in such a fashion as to make the mixing more efficient ) I personally never got it mix well in it. There were also several artificial flavours you could buy . . . banana & coconut are the two that come to mind at the moment.

It's odd, I received an email from a dude I use to fight with here. He went by many handles, 619rules, WorrdGym2006 and many more. In the email he mentioned having used Blairs with great results he said it helped him win his class at the NPC California contest in 87.

The Beef

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 10:46:04 PM »
so what's the deal with half and half? i've been thinking of doing that again.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:00:37 PM »
Get some heavy whipping cream.
It has alot of calories and fat. Mixed with protein shakesit is supposed to be better for absorption, since the cream acts aas a carrier or protects the protein.
Use it and you will notice increase in size big time, on top of that protein never tasted sooo good.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 11:18:17 PM »
cream?? but it will be like pudding. add water.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 01:18:20 AM »
Cream? It's 80% fats.

Post workout you need fast carbs and some protein.

Here's a suggestion: Instead of adding cream, up the amount of carbs in the PW shake instead.

If you previously have been using around 100 grams PostWorkout, try going up to 150-180 grams. And 25-30 grams of protein.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 07:46:54 AM »
The whole concept of mixing was based in a " nitrogen balance " principle that Rheo came up with . . . it worked for pure bulk/mass.

The Beef

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 08:45:51 AM »
fatty mass?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 09:53:40 AM »
The whole concept of mixing was based in a " nitrogen balance " principle that Rheo came up with . . . it worked for pure bulk/mass.

The Beef

A lot of people tend to eat too much protein post workout instead of fast carbs.

I cannot find any litterature or research supporting eating lots of fat post workout, since that would slow down the uptake, and keep the insulin peak down. (Big insulin release after a workout = good. Big insulin release at all other times = bad).

The effect probably came from the caloric boost, and downing lots of calories PW is essential. Even when on a diet, I would say.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »
You think so . . .

The Beef

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
Im glad i found this thread.   I have been studying vince gironda and his diets.  They are incredible...i think hes 50 yrs ahead of his time.   Its not the saturated fats that are a problem.  Its combining sat/fats with the wrong carbs, and eating trans-fats or hydrogenated fats that have set the disease process in full swing.

Some of you may know that im leaning down and have been eating really clean for a month, but the past 2 weeks have slowed to nothing. ( I measure my waist for results)   Total is 6 weeks.

Three days ago i started eating whole eggs, cream, steaks and tons of salad with full dressing. My waist dropped an inch in 3 days!!  It was stuck for 2 weeks.

The protien im eating is muscle milk in half/half....those are my carbs for the 5 days i follow this.
Then i will have friday and saturday for lowfat carb-up, and start over.

I know alot is water at first and im a water holder anyway soooo......

My moods are stable and cardio is even easiar, ill keep this board posted on results. 8)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 11:23:45 AM »
Keep us updated.

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 05:03:05 PM »
Does anybody know the nutritional (fat/carb/pro) stats Rheo recomended in his shakes?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 08:50:40 AM »
rheo was gay

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 11:30:39 AM »
rheo was gay

And how did Rheo's orientation and inclinations have an impact on his protein?

I had no idea these things could affect the purity and/or effectiveness of a supplement!

From now on, I'm gonna research the individuals behind the supplement companies' sexual preferences, and then decide on what to buy!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 02:28:11 PM »
na im just giving the christian fanatics (fuck em) some informatation...

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »
I am following a diet similar to what Palumbo talked about in his muscle radio interview. i eat only as many carbs as i need to feel normal and every 5 days i binge.

For protein i have a lot of casein and i have my whey around my workout schedule.