Author Topic: sarcasm  (Read 8673 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: sarcasm
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 04:43:07 PM »
Yeah I noticed that since I switched back to volume my weights have dropped drastically! But shape is coming back. :)
just push some weight!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »
All joking aside, I bet we all know some people that are better at pressing than others. Alexxx does have a point in that maybe Jay is better at pulling or with his legs or something like that. I can push like hell, but get buried in the dead comparatively. However, as mentioned above, Jay looks amazing regardless of the weight he is pushing.
i don't know what gyms you guys train at but in every gym i've ever been in someone shoulder pressing the 130's for full range reps makes people stop and stare.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 04:44:33 PM »
i don't know what gyms you guys train at but in every gym i've ever been in someone shoulder pressing the 130's for full range reps makes people stop and stare.

I did the 100s so its not so far off but people stare at me in everygym. :)
just push some weight!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 04:45:40 PM »

No I didn't mean it was light, just that sometimes some guys are really good at some exercises and then relatively less so in others. You are right, 130 on the db press is great, but maybe the same guy can't handle an equally impressive weight with another exercise. That is all I was getting at. I hope I was more clear this time.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »
Hey is it just me in Jay's vid a cut above the nostrils.. he is doing bench presses for triceps the way people do it for chest.. he does wide grip bench presses for  triceps.. and it was pretty light too..
just push some weight!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 04:47:35 PM »
I did the 100s so its not so far off but people stare at me in everygym. :)
first of all there ain't no fuckin' way you pressed the 100's with those tiny underdeveloped shoulders of yours if you did someone probably mistakingly put 100 on the 50's and second of all 130's are in a completely different world than the 100's especially when you're at your max.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »
first of all there ain't no fuckin' way you pressed the 100's with those tiny underdeveloped shoulders of yours if you did someone probably mistakingly put 100 on the 50's and second of all 130's are in a completely different world than the 100's especially when you're at your max.

I remember seing these juiced guys doing incline dumbell presses with the 120s when I was doing the 50s my fist year of training. Now I can do it all bymyself naturally and feel like a champion. I mean even Chris Cook with all the juice in the world couldn't get pass the 120s.. hahaha I am a beast!
just push some weight!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 04:54:35 PM »
Ronnie could probably bench 550 and deadlift in the low 800's. He also does 650 lb t-bar rows and 500 lb bent over rows. Jay doesn't even come close to those numbers.

Anyone with a 500 bench should have no trouble with 405. I saw a guy at my old gym bang out 5 reps with 405, and he missed 455.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 04:57:52 PM »
Ronnie could probably bench 550 and deadlift in the low 800's. He also does 650 lb t-bar rows and 500 lb bent over rows. Jay doesn't even come close to those numbers.

Anyone with a 500 bench should have no trouble with 405. I saw a guy at my old gym bang out 5 reps with 405, and he missed 455.
for once i agree with you it seems like the higher you get with the weight the harder it gets but if you're benching 500 then 405 for 7 or 8 shouldn't be a problem, you also have to look at the way Ronnie did his rows in TU he was standing at 70 degrees as opposed to the way Jay did 405 for 5 on NIAB he was almost parallel to the ground.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 09:30:57 PM »
Jay Cutler from what I've seen is a big fan of the machines and isn't that strong on pressing movements.. I mean he does 130s for shoulder dumbell press and barely 405 for chest. But he is a big guy none the less and is a worthy competitor.

He trains smart. He doest go for max weight. Can you count reps? He reps even the heaviest, last set he does.  The entire training dvd he specifies how he focuses on every rep- to stimulate the muscle as much as possible..not just blasting a ton of weight from point A to point B thats not bodybuilding..thats powerlifting..

Jay Is a strong, strong guy...Barely 405? HAHAHA..On one step closer, he did flat bench like 3 movements into chest, and abused 315 like it was nothing..he wasnt even fresh..

Alexander Sturm

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 12:40:56 AM »
Who gives a fuck ? It`s bb not powerlifting.
Besides both a very strong, strong enough for a bodybulder

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 12:56:35 AM »

Haha same as i thought, he couldn't roll 100 with such a tiny fragile frame.

txhulk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006, 01:08:24 AM »
alex i've only seen a couple guys get up over 120 on DB shoulder presses with a full ROM and I can get the 100's for ten full reps(and i'm talkin bout damn near tearing a muscle) there ain't no way hell you can rep them out.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2006, 02:57:05 AM »
Haha, give the kids Alexxx and Sarcasm their day in the sun. Unless they get off the boards and actually focus on bodybuilding (both the science and application of it), they will perpetually be grains in the sand. There is a very sound reason why champs like Jay avoid hogging the forums all day and out-of-shape chumps populate GetBig 24/7.
Team Goodrum!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2006, 07:25:15 AM »
Haha, give the kids Alexxx and Sarcasm their day in the sun. Unless they get off the boards and actually focus on bodybuilding (both the science and application of it), they will perpetually be grains in the sand. There is a very sound reason why champs like Jay avoid hogging the forums all day and out-of-shape chumps populate GetBig 24/7.
hahaha, ok, "goldenprince" ::) you sound like an absolute beast with a name like that.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 08:05:54 AM »
Haha such a cheesy name "golden prince" oh brother what a fucking name.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 08:09:53 AM »
i didn't mean right as i was typing that post i meant currently.

That's not what you wrote, now is it? ;D Just admit that Jay is actually pretty weak for his size. He has "balloon muscles".

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 08:29:01 AM »
ronnie coleman.....
and kevin levrone...
chris cormier...sometimes
are the only bbs that... that are strong.... to justify their size..

jay is..
a-ight..
nothing special.. about his trainin.....
jay has never... used any poundage tht has wowed me...

like kevin 500 benh press.. or coleman...200lb for 12....
coleman 800lb dead.. or coleman 160 db shoulder press...

choice is an illusion

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2006, 08:35:04 AM »
ronnie coleman.....
and kevin levrone...
chris cormier...sometimes
are the only bbs that... that are strong.... to justify their size..

jay is..
a-ight..
nothing special.. about his trainin.....
jay has never... used any poundage tht has wowed me...

like kevin 500 benh press.. or coleman...200lb for 12....
coleman 800lb dead.. or coleman 160 db shoulder press...

i guess 140lb. db seated shoulder presses for 7 reps, 405 inclines for 5, 405 bb rows for 5, deep 8 plate hack squats and 9 plate t bars for 6 don't impress you because you're so much stronger right Meso, hahahaha, it's awfully convenient that the bb'ers you mentioned are all black. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2006, 08:51:01 AM »
mmmm
sarcasm dont even... go with the whole black.... white thing....
i love all people....
is kevin levrone black..?
be trutheful does jay outlift any of the guys i mentioned...
no... it has nothing to do with black or white just truth
those pondages you mentioned while they are strong... arent impressive for someone of jays size...
plus im not a weak guy either....so im not easily impressed...
405 barbell rows ????
9 plate tbar rows?
fella i tbar row in the corner coleman style 7 plates 10 reps...
8 plates 6 reps...
and this is after deadlifts... and weighted chins and barbell rows...
and im 195..

coleman t bar rows 12 plates...
in and article in a flex gone by he was tbar rowing and the handle gve way before he finished the set thats gangster....

dont get it twisted... i respect jay to the utmost...
he is definetly no 2 in the world.. his posing on bfto 2004 was crazy.... he is wide... as hell....
great bb
humble guy....
very focused...

choice is an illusion

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2006, 10:39:32 AM »
mmmm
sarcasm dont even... go with the whole black.... white thing....
i love all people....
is kevin levrone black..?
Yes, Kevin is black.
Hope that helps.  ;)
Lee

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2006, 10:40:51 AM »
I don't think anyone could claim one is better than the other.
Several IFBB judges inform you who is better in the fall of every year.
Hope this helps.  ;)
Lee

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2006, 10:41:38 AM »
Yes, Kevin is black.
Hope that helps.  ;)
kevin is gawjus and getting his education now

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2006, 10:43:32 AM »
kevin is half black...
half white...
not black
choice is an illusion

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2006, 10:47:02 AM »
kevin is half black...
half white...
not black
That makes you black in "Amereeka", bro. Most blacks in America have white ancestors in their family tree.
Hope this helps.  ;)
Lee