Author Topic: That one protein powder you always gotta have....  (Read 7688 times)

Slick Vic

That one protein powder you always gotta have....
« on: May 26, 2006, 03:22:44 PM »
For me, it's Muscle Milk! That stuff is so good I find myself getting it for the taste. The protein in it is just a plus.  ;D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: That one protein powder you always gotta have....
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 03:50:34 PM »
Bio-Pure. muscle milk is nasty as hell to me but everyone else like it so i cant argue with that ;)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:58:06 PM »

Pride Nutrition's 'RESPECT Protein'. Probably equal in taste to MuscleMilk but has waaay less fat and more superior blend of protein.
?

Slick Vic

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 04:23:50 PM »
Pride Nutrition's 'RESPECT Protein'. Probably equal in taste to MuscleMilk but has waaay less fat and more superior blend of protein.
Really? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.  :)

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:45:54 PM »
Nature's Best Zero Carb Isopure  ;D  The stuff is awsome, I add gatorade to it when I wan't the carbs / electrolites.  But thats usually only post-work out.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 08:54:33 PM »
muscle milk is nasty as hell to me

Son, I concur!

I must have Whey Gourmet.  I've tried to replace it but can't do that happily......it's excellent :D
R

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 09:24:08 PM »
Son, I concur!

I must have Whey Gourmet.  I've tried to replace it but can't do that happily......it's excellent :D
i used to have a buttload of free packets of pro complex vanilla i used to mix in with it and it tasted decent then ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 02:44:09 AM »
Nature's Best Zero Carb Isopure  ;D  The stuff is awsome, I add gatorade to it when I wan't the carbs / electrolites.  But thats usually only post-work out.

Why not use the regular Isopure RTDs, instead? Of course, if you're getting the Zero-Carb version dirt cheap, by all means, keep on keeping on.

Some form of whey protein is standard for me. The aforementione IsoPure and MyoPro work well for me.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 07:37:29 AM »
  ON Gold Standard.

AHFMike

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 10:50:19 AM »

At $4.00 per serving, Id' like to know what makes is so special.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 02:01:23 AM »
ice cream whole milk two bananas and some added sugar hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm with a scoop of any protein couldn't hurt

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 02:07:34 PM »
6 Star

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 02:18:19 PM »

PRIDE's 'RESPECT' protein is expensive but so are 'Woodway Treadmills' so are 'LandRovers' vs a Honda Civic.

Still...it is the PERFECT protein powder to ADD to another fomula to 'stretch-out' your dollar.

I scoop of MuscleMilk...1 scoop of RESPECT...

Or 1 scoop of Pro Complex and 1 scoop of RESPECT. Pride's formula is pure whey isolate...NOT mainly concentrate like 99% of formulas out there.
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 02:19:07 PM »
 PRIDE's 'RESPECT' protein is expensive but so are 'Woodway Treadmills' so are 'LandRovers' vs a Honda Civic.

Still...it is the PERFECT protein powder to ADD to another fomula to 'stretch-out' your dollar.

I scoop of MuscleMilk...1 scoop of RESPECT...

Or 1 scoop of Pro Complex and 1 scoop of RESPECT. Pride's formula is pure whey isolate...NOT mainly concentrate like 99% of formulas out there.
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 02:19:39 PM »

....my bad!
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »
Well one of the many reasons Pride Protein is better then most if not all other proteins is the quality of the products they use.  They aren't just using a Whey Isolate-they are using a blend of protein to give you a "time-released" effect, adding Micellar Caesin, Egg Albumen and Immunolin (a newer form of protein said to boost the immune system).  Because the protein comes from differing sources and is a high quality your body will be able to use more as opposed to flushing it down the toilet.   

If you look at the Vanilla label you will see there is NO cholesterol, and all the fat is coming form "good" sources-flax oil. The Chocolate has like 5 mg because of the cocoa.  They have also added digestive enzymes to avoid the stomach problems many proteins cause.

Other then that you will see that 1 serving is 49 Grams of Protein (or 2 scoops) whereas most companies use a 25 G or less serving.  The stuff is "expensive" but once you try it you really see you are getting what you pay for.  If you ever go to shows they have "show" pricing and sell the stuff at major discounts which is a good way to try it out to see if it is worth it. 

I didn't believe it was worth the money either but once I started taking their products and talking with them about the ingredients I haven't turned back.  I use to have major stomach problems using other stuff and now I have none-my friends also think it is worth it ;)
Jennifer

Bast175

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 03:04:16 PM »
I used to get an upset stomach from Optimum Nutrition.  I use Isopure and it works great.  No need for time release protein when you're getting protein every 2-3 hours.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 03:08:10 PM »
 Great Post!

Bottom line is...if you want QUALITY you have to pay.

It isnt expensive if you put it in perspective...people PAY twice the amount of RESPECT protein at the bars on Friday/Saturday nights...

My advice w/ RESPECT...1-1/2 scoops midday and POSTworkout...it will stretch your dollar out a little plus give you about 35grams of a great belnd of quality protein.

I promise all of you people...try RESPECT protein ONCE...just try it. I will bet you will keep using it afterwards.

Awww hell...whatever. Most of you people viewing/posting arent that serious anyway...or just newbies so what the hell do you care?...go w/ Optimum or something...disregard all of this.
?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »
Muscle Milk is great.  I think Isopure is the easiest on the stomach. 

I've eliminated animal protein, so I'm using the GNC soy.  Not the best tasting, but easy to digest. 

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 05:37:37 PM »
  so I'm using the GNC soy

wow i haven't heard of anybody taking soy for some time now are you male or female

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 06:14:09 PM »
wow i haven't heard of anybody taking soy for some time now are you male or female

Male.  An old guy recommended the book "The China Study," which talks about the link between diet and disease.  Startling stuff in there about animal protein.  I've been an ovo lacto vegetarian (dairy) over 16 years and have used whey, casein, and egg supplements.  Just made the big leap to become a quasi-vegan last month.  Gave up cheese and animal protein altogether, so no whey.  I still cheat (had ice cream with my kids last night).  Hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought. 

I've never competed, but what I think my diet has shown is you don't have to eat meat to add and retain mass.  I doubt I'll lose much.  Still use glutamine and creatine. 

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 06:30:06 PM »
I like the fact that ON Gold Standard Whey is relatively inexpensive and comes in a 10LB bag so I don't have to order so much. As for taste, hrmph, I can't tell if it's good or bad because I grew up drinking Desicated Liver and milk with raw egg in it. So IMO it's tastes just fine and at 48 grams (2 scoops) per serving, I drink about 4 a day mixed in with my other meals.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 07:58:04 PM »
Jaejonna rows 125!!

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 09:36:59 PM »
Beverly muscle provider

InsightD

• Getbig II
  • There is power in numbers.
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 10:50:37 PM »
cytosport complete whey.. cookies and cream with skim milk is the shit.
[-_-]