Author Topic: Why compete?  (Read 5498 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Why compete?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 06:33:34 PM »
very true howie 8)

ever notice how most of the assclowns around here disagree with me? ;)

E

well said ...well played  ;)

Hey graciebjj, in my case when I finally had some finacial security and resources I had a lot less desire to use it on bodybuilding/..... go figure
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 06:48:10 PM »
I will always train and enjoy watching shows  and reading mags ,posting/reading on get big, etc.
I no longer think it makes sense to compete, ( I did over 30 shows in my day) . I was curious how many feel like I do on this issue?
In brief here is my take:
Like 99% here and around the sport , my physique is nothing aweome, thus unless I get something out of being in a contest, it really has no impact on the sport (good or bad) if I compete.Plus, I am not going to do "whatever it takes" to win (ie  drugs / extreme contest prep ordeals). I honestly am happy and content to watch others but have no desire to join in , prove anything or beat others , etc.

I have to admit I am lot happier just running 5k races, trying to get my abs back :-[ and feeling good overall.A BP meet might be fun, hmmmmm :P

I am not jealous of the pros or top national guys and really do admire what they put on a contest stage.
Like me, are you happy to simply do your own thing and watch others get on the actual stage?
Howard

you compete locals/state inorder to qualify for nationals; you compete nationals inorder to qualify for a pro card; you compete in a pro show inorder to make a living out of bodybuilding and try to get in O at some point; you compete O inorder to win it and be GOD ;). few make it the rest try;;thats the name of the game baby.
fallen angel

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 06:55:01 PM »

you compete locals/state inorder to qualify for nationals; you compete nationals inorder to qualify for a pro card; you compete in a pro show inorder to make a living out of bodybuilding and try to get in O at some point; you compete O inorder to win it and be GOD ;). few make it the rest try;;thats the name of the game baby.

sounds like most end up with a big fart in the face and I will have to pass on it.Of course if you enjoy aroma therapy why not?
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 08:33:58 AM »
i passed out last night from the methadone biscuit,now im back ready to chat some more
R