Author Topic: PDI radio needs your input  (Read 5983 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
PDI radio needs your input
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:05:24 PM »
Since some people have found the mainstream BBing radio stations to avoid the issue of the Pro Division, Inc Bodybuilding Federation, the PDI has set up its own online radio station, www.PDIRadio.com.

If you are interested in being involved in any way, drop us a line.  There is a contact form on the site, or you can email me at rob@PDIradio.com

If you have an original song you'd like to submit, send it.  If you have an idea for a good topic, skit, or debate, send it.  If you have a good voice/pesonality and are interested in being part of the show, contact us.   If you're an athlete, a sponsor, or have experience in the area, contact us!   And if you have a tough, inquisitive, challenging question, contact us!

Just as things in life change fast and are always evolving, www.PDIRadio.com will do the same.  So send some ideas and be sure to check out the show very soon!

Rob Z, PDI gopher.
Rob@pdiradio.com
PDI Radio 2006

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Re: PDI radio needs your input
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »
Good for you Rob.  Persistence and keeping your cool is paying off. ;)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:23:34 PM »
Question Rob, and this is not a slam or anything so don't take it as one.  But can you use "PDI" in your web site name?  I mean you are still using it pertaining to bodybuilding.  Doesn't the PDI have that copywritten?  Again, it's just a question, wouldn't want you to get sued or anything.
:D Weee

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:24:28 PM »
Question Rob, and this is not a slam or anything so don't take it as one.  But can you use "PDI" in your web site name?  I mean you are still using it pertaining to bodybuilding.  Doesn't the PDI have that copywritten?  Again, it's just a question, wouldn't want you to get sued or anything.

Wayne chose the name and hired me to build it.

And I gotta say, the PDI letterhead is pretty smooth.  If I was an athlete, that would be enough to convert me!

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 10:16:09 PM »
Since some people have found the mainstream BBing radio stations to avoid the issue of the Pro Division, Inc Bodybuilding Federation, the PDI has set up its own online radio station, www.PDIRadio.com.
Rob Z, PDI gopher.
Rob@pdiradio.com
PDI Radio 2006

I know you're only just starting out with this venture but you may want to consider removing dome of the dead links on the homepage ie" the ones to shows 1,2,,3 etc.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 10:29:59 PM »
I know you're only just starting out with this venture but you may want to consider removing dome of the dead links on the homepage ie" the ones to shows 1,2,,3 etc.

nah, they're coming soon.  This is an 'open source' project and will grow with the help of the fans. I've had a few ppl email me tonight, including a few web guys interested in growing and maintaining the various pages of the site- the content, the transcribing, the pictures, etc. 

Don't think of them as dead links, kevin.  Think of them as pages yet to be populated by fan ideas ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 10:42:11 PM »
Good job Rob.  No matter how many may slam the PDI, hopefully with the people involved including you and I with creative ideas and Wayne and his partner and the many others with everything, at least the PDI will be exciting and fun. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 10:44:27 PM »
Yeah, today I stopped thinking about the IFBB for 5 minutes, put together this page, tossed it out there in a few places, and the responses have been great.

Did you enjoy my placeholder instrumental beat? :)  It's carnival meets gangster rap. 

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »
Don't think of them as dead links, kevin.  Think of them as pages yet to be populated by fan ideas ;)

I see the logic.
I've discussed this before with one of the leading designers  in the UK over links that went to pages that said "Coming Soon" and his opinion was that unless that page was updated with information it turned people away. They'd set-up various sites to test peoples responses.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 10:53:05 PM »

Wow - nice work. It is also nice to see some of you working on PDI Radio instead of slamming the IFBB and others. Nice. Why don't we keep it that way. Give us news and thoughts and updates on the PDI, and not bash the IFBB, and lets have the IFBB update us with news and thoughts and updates too. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 10:54:54 PM »
I see the logic.
I've discussed this before with one of the leading designers  in the UK over links that went to pages that said "Coming Soon" and his opinion was that unless that page was updated with information it turned people away. They'd set-up various sites to test peoples responses.

This was originally just an online speaker to put a few messages out in mp3 format.  I grabbed it and ran with it and have throw some creativity at it.   When it's ready to launch, the content should be plenty good and fun enough to draw people in. I love the idea of having lots of people involved in it also- you never know when a gordiano, a donkey kong, an alexxx, or other creative giant might come out of nowhere and really push things to a new level.  Control is something I'm not concerned about :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 10:56:49 PM »
Wow - nice work. It is also nice to see some of you working on PDI Radio instead of slamming the IFBB and others. Nice. Why don't we keep it that way. Give us news and thoughts and updates on the PDI, and not bash the IFBB, and lets have the IFBB update us with news and thoughts and updates too. 

Ron... you know...

A Bob CHick vs. Wayne DeMilia debate - moderated by Ron - would be the ratings draw of the year :)  Put part one on the PDI show, and part 2 on the PBBW show (or vice versa- flip a coin).  Give them equal time, and ask tough quesitons of each of them.

You could sell more tickets to that than they'll sell at the NOC and Mr O combined.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 11:00:06 PM »
This was originally just an online speaker to put a few messages out in mp3 format.  I grabbed it and ran with it and have throw some creativity at it.   When it's ready to launch, the content should be plenty good and fun enough to draw people in. I love the idea of having lots of people involved in it also- you never know when a gordiano, a donkey kong, an alexxx, or other creative giant might come out of nowhere and really push things to a new level.  Control is something I'm not concerned about :)

I'm sure the site will grow. I'd still remove some of the "empty" links. You can then say you'd taken indirect advice by a designer who works for over 60 of the top 100 worldwide advertisers and over half of the top 50 most valuable global brands. Some say he knows his business ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 11:02:24 PM »
I'm sure the site will grow. I'd still remove some of the "empty" links. You can then say you'd taken indirect advice by a designer who works for over 60 of the top 100 worldwide advertisers and over half of the top 50 most valuable global brands. Some say he knows his business ;D

Wow, tell Keith thanks! :)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 11:03:13 PM »
Wow, tell Keith thanks! :)
[/quote

Oy Keith, 240 says thanks.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 11:22:44 PM »
This should be entertaining.  Look forward to it.

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 05:12:35 AM »

Well said Ron...I couldn't agree more.  I support anyone who brings a creative and positive energy to the sport.  - Good luck with this project (to all involved).  On a personal note, its been fun to sit back and read all of the wildly entertaining theories that Wayne has been blacklisted from "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly".  It would surprise most of you to know that there has been open communication between Wayne and the show.  Wayne has made it very clear to us with regard to "when" HE would PREFER to appear on the program.  You can be sure that its a conversation "all of us" look forward to.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 07:58:47 AM »
A Manion/DeMilia reunion/debate on air would be fun. 

Has Manion overcome that pesky bubonic plague yet?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 08:00:53 AM »
i heard he's in the hamptons this weekend recovering

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 08:02:02 AM »
I don't think we need ANOTHER BB RADIO STATION..... ::)

Why not get get the general PDI website up and running first before considering radio
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 08:13:35 AM »
I don't think we need ANOTHER BB RADIO STATION..... ::)

Why not get get the general PDI website up and running first before considering radio

Websites run by corporate people are good for sharing information.  But sites run by the fans- using their input, skills, and ideas - are good for GROWTH.  The goal of everything I do is not control of resources- it's growth of resources.  PDI Radio is part of that- positive flow of info and ideas, involving anyone who wants to be involved in growing something new and exciting in the sport.  Word.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 08:35:37 AM »

Before getting into debates and whatnot, let's see about a functional, informative website and then maybe a show or two? 

I'm eager to support the PDI, but need to see a PRODUCT first. 

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 09:00:59 AM »
Dear Mr. Horton,

I know you've been tossing and turning trying to find the missing link to their show. You may have been searching under the wrong name, next time try "Statler & Waldorf".

http://a.movies.com/downloads/podcasts/muppets/Stat_Wald_Ep24_05_12_06.mp3

Towards the end of the show I think you'll enjoy their segment on "laughtermath".

Sincerely,

Spicy

Enjoy your dish...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

Ahhhhh, how refreshing. Great idea Ron.  ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 10:27:19 AM »
Before getting into debates and whatnot, let's see about a functional, informative website and then maybe a show or two? 

I'm eager to support the PDI, but need to see a PRODUCT first. 

Exactly, all this hype generated and radio stations and podcast and etc and the show hasn't even taken place yet.  Product first, mouth later
A