Author Topic: Phil Heath is being misleading!!!  (Read 15143 times)

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Phil Heath is being misleading!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »
Let me preface this thread with the fact that I am a fan of Phil Heath and truly believe that he is the future and thank god for that b/c Jay and Ronnie do not do it for me.  Asthetics baby Asthetics!!
Phil is being misleading by stating that he has only trained for 4 years.  No way.  The man definetly trained with weights in high school and college in the offseason for college basketball.  I am the same age and went to college around the same time and my friends who played ball hit the weights.  He might of not did a "bodybuilding workout program" but the man did curls, calf rises etc...  I would love to see pics of him at 18 and I bet he was jacked.  Basically I would not want a 16 yr old to think that he could get as big as Heath in 4 years.  Heath really has be training for the las 12 years and not 4.  Just keeping it real!!!Thats all. 

A 16 yr old kid shouldn't be so nieve and think they can look like a pro bodybuilder period in 4 years as it is not realistic.
Do you realize that pros in every sport were pretty much born genetically to be where they are? I'd hate for my 15 year old nephew to think that he could be like LeBron James and go play in the NBA because of it not being realistic...same thing different sport bro. To say I've been training for 12 years get a clue bro, I'm 26 which would mean I was lifting when I was 14 so you need to keep it real and talk about what you know, which is nothing because you don't even know me bro. I'll quit talking to you as you have no idea what I've done. So many Ms. Cleo's out there and this is just another one of them I guess. No dis on you but c'mon, why make claims that have no proof.

Stavios

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »
no offense Phil but i think the drugs have a little something to do with being "on swole".

Sure drugs are a reason but just look at Phil's phenomal muscle bellies  :o I am sure that if he takes 5 lbs of muscle, he looks 15 pound bigger

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 09:24:06 AM »
so what?,i started to train with 13 in a gym and even before that i did push-ups and chrunches at home

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 09:24:43 AM »
no offense Phil but i think the drugs have a little something to do with being "on swole".

Maybe, but I hope that you aren't saying that is all that's involved.

Stavios

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 09:25:42 AM »
Phil, as the leader of getbig's Team Phil Heat 2006, I would like to ask you if you plan on doing the Olympia or skip it to have a good off-season ?

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 09:27:06 AM »
as the right hand of blaine ,i say he should do the o and get the prize money cause he will be AT least top 6

irony

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 09:30:13 AM »
as the right hand of blaine ,i say he should do the o and get the prize money cause he will be AT least top 6

Top 3. You can bet on it. This guy's the second coming of Flex Wheeler -- and he seems to have the work ethic that Flex lacked. His future is very, very bright...

flurby

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 09:33:56 AM »
Not misleading at all.
I was weight lifting ears before i started "training more like a bodybuilder". Thats what Phil means. Sure he threw some weights around in college..but yes, only 4 years of serious training with his genetics is truly believable. Thats why we are here behind the computer screen, and he is Phil Heath, along with all the other pros. They have something speciall genetically that really favors anabolism...we dont..well, we do to a point..but tha tpoint is way short of a pro bodybuilding type phyusique...and roids have nothing to do with it....thats a small part... Its genetics, Hard work/consistency dieting and training, and all the other "stuff" after..
i cant believe some people are that stupid.please die.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 09:35:01 AM »
I would love to see Phil Heath make top 3 at the O. The O has been boring for years. We need some shakeup.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 09:37:35 AM »
I say skip the O, come back and win the Ironman/Arnold to make it 9-0.  Then, possibly win the O...(assuming Ronnie has retired or blown out another bodypart).  It could be 10-0 and the start of a new dynasty!
w

Stavios

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 09:38:45 AM »
I say skip the O, come back and win the Ironman/Arnold to make it 9-0.  Then, possibly win the O...(assuming Ronnie has retired or blown out another bodypart).  It could be 10-0 and the start of a new dynasty!

Team Heat 2006 approves  your plan

irony

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 09:39:10 AM »
Phil Heath would then be the Jesus Christ of bodybuilding; the messiah of the IFBB...

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 09:41:25 AM »
i cant believe some people are that stupid.please die.

He is right.  Gear is NOT what makes guys like Phil, Ronnie, Shawn, Flex, etc. look so insane.  Without genetics it would not happen. 

Think of it this way.  Do you think that if you put Arvilla on the same drug, training & nutrition regimen as Phil, that he would look anything like Phil?  Here is a hint...

NO!!!
w

Stavios

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 09:43:54 AM »
     Re: Take a look at your Jr. Nationals Top contender...
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2005, 07:52:59 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil is good, actually great - but he aint the Matawan Muscle Machine baby! BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Mo Elbasouni
Getbig II

hahahahhahaha

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 09:50:57 AM »
     Re: Take a look at your Jr. Nationals Top contender...
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2005, 07:52:59 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil is good, actually great - but he aint the Matawan Muscle Machine baby! BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Mo Elbasouni
Getbig II

hahahahhahaha

For some reason, it always make me laugh when someone writes "Mo Elbow Macaroni".

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Stavios

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 09:52:11 AM »
hahhaha. The BOOM BOOM BOOM are funnier tought

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 10:00:59 AM »
As a fellow athlete and strong man I agree that Phil Heath should become my training partner. But only if he can keep up! ;D
just push some weight!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

I agree completely, let the old guard finish their run before he starts his run, collectively Coleman and Cutler probably have 2-3 more years in the spotlight, Ronnie this year and then Cutler for 1-2 years.

After that it's Phil Heath's turn.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 10:08:38 AM »
I haven't maxed out on any lifts since college. As you guys can see from the internet link posted that I did lift weights. I never said I didn't lift, I only said that I did for bodybuilding. Think about it, basketball is now a sport where guys have to be stronger, faster, etc. to be competitive which is why we all had to lift in college. I was always built even in high school AND I DIDN'T LIFT WEIGHTS, I actually didn't wanna do it because of the myth that your game [basketball] would suffer. Many peeps cannot understand how someone like myself can reach this level of bodybuilding so quickly, but why throw around these types of threads as if you know what I'm really capable of.

I have always been an athlete, which is why I earned a division 1-a scholarship which is something many cannot claim on record. Do any of you really think that baskeball players lift like bodybuilders? If so, then why aren't they all on-swole? That means that they aren't bodybuilders nor are they lifting and especially eating like one. When I played, we did bench press, squats (front and or back), Lunges, deads, high snatch pulls, chins and cleans(hang and from the floor).  That was all for being explosive on the playing floor. We weren't pushing that much weight in comparison to bodybuilders, but I was exceptional because of my genetics. It was a good program, but more powerlifting than bodybuilding, I think many aren't reading things clearly.

I've been blessed with some really good genetics, but I also work my butt off just like many of you do or claim to do. Some of these guys on the board who speculate so much and again, try to through salt on my game should just realize that I'm doing something positive and not being an arrogant punk considering my success in this sport. I respect everyone's opinion but I do not like it when peeps don't know anything about being an athlete and we're not talking about playing club ball or hanging with friends. I'm talking about high level post high school experience as all of them had some type of trait (genetics, hard work) to get them there. Ok, I'm done with this topic as I've spent again way too much of my time defending who I am. I do appreciate the people on here who have my back in reference to explaining my lifting experience, so I say thank you. The haters, well I guess they have nothing better to do, but I guess I enjoy it so keep it up and I will always try harder (7-0 baby).

Peace!

NOTHING STOPS THE HEATH!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 10:15:04 AM »
what's refreshing is he writes like a leader not a crack jiver

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 10:18:02 AM »
He is right.  Gear is NOT what makes guys like Phil, Ronnie, Shawn, Flex, etc. look so insane.  Without genetics it would not happen. 

Think of it this way.  Do you think that if you put Arvilla on the same drug, training & nutrition regimen as Phil, that he would look anything like Phil?  Here is a hint...
NO!!!

totally agree, genetics is at least 50% of being a Pro BBer, diet and training are another 40%, drugs fill in the rest

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 10:31:22 AM »
Heath, would you say your super-supplement usage is low, medium, or high levels?

Stavios

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 10:33:48 AM »
Heath, would you say your super-supplement usage is low, medium, or high levels?

As the Leader of getbig's Team Heat 2006, I will comment by saying: By reading the post of Phil here at getbig, it is pretty safe to say that he won't anwser your question.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 10:40:29 AM »
Does anyone have any pics of Phil as he came up the ranks, say 2001 2002? Right as he started to switch over to bodybuilding? Phil? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Stavios

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 10:51:27 AM »
LiftStudio has a pic of his first contest.

Crazy genetic