Author Topic: does everyone think they train the hardest they possibly can?  (Read 3384 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
for instance you just got done blastin your back and your in the locker room changing and your feelin great about your workout,you feel you pushed it to the limit.do you think sometimes in the back of your mind that you could have gone alittle harder or did that extra rep or set?i always feel if i dont walk outta the gym like im halfdead or shaking alittle and could barely drive cause im so spent i didnt train hard enough,does anyone else ever question themselves about thier intensity in the gym and if thier giving it 110 percent?
R

BallzDeep69

Re: does everyone think they train the hardest they possibly can?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:42:55 PM »
Well I always give the work sets I do my ALL.  It's just instinct for me to push a set to failure, and then do a drop set occasionally. 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 07:44:58 PM »
I used to train legs until I puked each and every time. If I puked before the workout was over I'd just wipe my mouth and get back inside to finish up. They won't let me do it anymore though - theatened me with a life-time ban the enxt time it happens - "It's offensive to the other patrons" - pussies . . .

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 07:47:11 PM »
yeah, like sometimes i'll be pulling my last rep of 95lb. deadlifts and i'll shit my pants and continue my brutal back workout and the "owners" have the balls to tell me i shouldn't do that with a measly 95lbs., fucking sissies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »
I always train with the mantra that 'i'll never have this workout again'. I guess like most people I'm busy and have to schedule in my workouts, so i do my best to make each one count. That being said I have left the gym after one exercise at times because I just had nothing in me......I'd rather rest then do it half assed.

If anything, I sit at the end of the day and think about the amount of food, water and sleep i got in.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 08:03:45 PM »
the only 2 bodyparts i get lightheaded on sometimes when i go all out and beyond is legs and back,i got dizzy last week doing legs after aset of squats,the owner came over a gave me a free banana while i was sitting by the squat rack,im going to start the dizzy act every leg day from now on so i can get a free banana,those things aint cheap anymore
R

body88

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »
Lol if you cant afford a banana I think you have to re think youre life boss  ;)

BallzDeep69

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 09:06:56 PM »
If you're getting dizzy on a regular basis, regardless of the bodypart trained, you need to either do some HIIT to get your conditioning up, lay off the stimulants before lifting, or BOTH!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 09:10:14 PM »
it's only newbies and teenagers that think you have to go super balls-out all the time. you can train like that if you want, but you're just stroking your ego and not actually getting anything done.

to use a powerlifting example, sgt rock with his deadlifting and the metal militia benchers both only train two of every three weeks. they train for two weeks and then take two weeks off. sure that's because when they do work out, it's long-ass workouts, but the fact remains they take at least half as much time off as they actually exercise.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 09:14:19 PM »
it's only newbies and teenagers that think you have to go super balls-out all the time. you can train like that if you want, but you're just stroking your ego and not actually getting anything done.

to use a powerlifting example, sgt rock with his deadlifting and the metal militia benchers both only train two of every three weeks. they train for two weeks and then take two weeks off. sure that's because when they do work out, it's long-ass workouts, but the fact remains they take at least half as much time off as they actually exercise.
and thats why there fat

body88

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 09:17:12 PM »
Fuck the gym!!!!!!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 02:11:53 AM »
I feel that way about half of my workouts which would explain why my legs and ass look like jello and you can iron on my smooth back. ;D

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 08:40:23 AM »
i used to train to failure  now i train very hard but not to failure,it`s actaully better for the body and the soul AND i get the same results

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 08:59:37 AM »
Rarely being satisfied with the intensity's part of getting better. :D

sugarbear

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 09:03:41 AM »
i would if i didn't work a shit job at least 3 hours a day

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 11:27:35 AM »
no as it gets hotter i train less

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 12:07:26 PM »
If i thought i trained my hardest i would feel like shit, i always have the mindset that i could go harder and improve every week 8) That's part of the reason i hate getting my picture taken, i always think i will look better next week and the week after, i always leave myself room for improvement. Usually i stop when i feel like i need to go lighter and the muscle is going past the point of anabolism which usually happens when i plan it too. Now don't get me wrong i feel like i look good and have awesome workouts but i will never be completely satisfied.
I

MikMaq

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »
I feel that way about half of my workouts which would explain why my legs and ass look like jello and you can iron on my smooth back. ;D
I think it might have to do with the fact that you are a fat no good uncle tom, who cant work.

Some things never change.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 03:13:06 AM »
Try to train smart = medium. Your strenght will increase like never before. Going to failure each every set just make u sore and week for days.

Just bodybuilders do this stupid form of training no one else who is competing in streanght sport.

Feeling a little bit tired in the muscles day after is perfect. Now u build strenght. Feeling complete sore and hurt is way to much!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 03:45:51 AM »
If you're getting dizzy on a regular basis, regardless of the bodypart trained, you need to either do some HIIT to get your conditioning up, lay off the stimulants before lifting, or BOTH!

x2 WTF how is it even possible to "puke every leg workout"?  sounds like strong exaggeration... i worked out by far harder than anyone else i ever saw in the gym, only puked twice, and one of those was cause i was sick.  ordinarily something else would give out way before i felt like vomiting...

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50:54 AM »
Of course not. I manipulate volume, intensity, rep ranges according to my current goal, wether its hypertrophy or strength. There are workouts where I know I pushed it to the limits, but it is rather an outcome than goal itself. If you push it to the limit every workout then well, after time you will get sore and mildly overtrained and then every workout will have lower intensity. If you keep intensity medium then over time accumulated intensity will be much higher and you will get sorer - mentally and physically - compared to high intensity training. Does it make any sense?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 04:08:27 AM »
I go all out on maybe 1-2 sets a workout.

I train smarter rather than harder.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 04:38:05 AM »
"Does everyone think they train the hardest they possibly can?"

Not sure what everyone thinks...

I however train as hard as I possibly want to.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 05:40:10 AM »
I can not recall the last time I did any forced reps.  I stop usually 1-rep short of failure.  I don't know if thats not giving 100%, but I never swing the weights up just to get the rep.  In fact, if I ever feel like I have done that I generally don't count the rep.

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 05:45:59 AM »
I train hard at times to the limit and beyond.
Like going to failure on moust sets i do and some forced reps or partials, drop sets etc.
And even totally exausted i still think maybe i could of went harder, get more feeling in the muscle and train more intense in general.