Author Topic: Ab Spasims  (Read 1409 times)

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
Ab Spasims
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:22:16 AM »
Yesterday I had a great leg workout and went pretty heavy. I felt pretty good when I left the gym considering I just beat up legs. On the way home my right ab second from the top LOCKED up in a very painful muscle spasm. I have never had that happen before or heard of it happening? Anyone know what could of caused it? Today the ab is very sore.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Ab Spasims
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 12:47:43 PM »
Happens to me sometimes when I haven't worked abs consistently.  Not a big deal.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 05:24:21 PM »
Happens to me sometimes when I haven't worked abs consistently.  Not a big deal.
Yup, happened to me just the other day. Hadn't done a set for abs in a week or so and then wham, right when I'm doing a lazy five on the bike to finish. Had to stop and stretch the f*#ker out. Nasty. Got no end of trash talking, I can tell you.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 07:23:26 PM »
I hate it! happens to me every once in awhile. Its a gaurantee if I flex them after an ab workout, they lock right up.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 08:40:02 PM »
I've had this happen after legs. heavy sets of squats put a lot of strain on the abs so it shouldn't be a big suprise and it's not something I would really worry about too much.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 05:48:26 AM »
yeah, it is happening with me too...Specially if you are not trainning your abs constantly...
For what i know, another problem is if you train too much the lower back (with deadlifts for instance) and dont do abs (well, im guilty of doing this, LOL). The abs and your lower back control the balance of your body, so if you dont train one of them while trainning the other too much you can create an inbalance...
In some stretches and some exercises my abs start to shake a lot and all my body start to shake...Im trainning abs constantly now and this is going away...
!