Author Topic: shoulder pain..unsure  (Read 6141 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
shoulder pain..unsure
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:05:24 PM »
had a killer chest workout..my left shoulder has been bug'n me the last few weeks during inclines as if it was irritating SOMETHING!

well today when i was done and over with...layed down and got back up and my shoulder started singing! right there my collar bone ties into my shoulder it's bothering me...

if i push straight into it i feel nothing..if i push right where the two come together straight down it hurts.  if i follow my collar bone right to my delt and press down is right where it's at.

any ideas? i dindt feel a pop or something rip..it's almost like tendonitis...not hurtint too much but more sore than anything..like a dull pain...i figured a tear would be painful..any ideas? should i not work out this week?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: shoulder pain..unsure
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 10:16:07 PM »
had a killer chest workout..my left shoulder has been bug'n me the last few weeks during inclines as if it was irritating SOMETHING!

well today when i was done and over with...layed down and got back up and my shoulder started singing! right there my collar bone ties into my shoulder it's bothering me...

if i push straight into it i feel nothing..if i push right where the two come together straight down it hurts.  if i follow my collar bone right to my delt and press down is right where it's at.

any ideas? i dindt feel a pop or something rip..it's almost like tendonitis...not hurtint too much but more sore than anything..like a dull pain...i figured a tear would be painful..any ideas? should i not work out this week?

you very likely strained your AC joint. I did the same thing a few years ago.If you don't know, the ac joint is where the scapula connects to your collar bone.

Stop doing presses or anything that hurts it..it takes awhile for it to heal.

I put off going to the doc for too long..I now have a big knot on my shoulder at the joint...part of it is calcium,and to some extent the collar bone sticking up.I was given the option of a simple surgery to cut a small portion of the collar bone off,but I declined. The way it was explained to me was that the shoulder partialy seperated at that joint, and the pain was from the two bones rubbing against each other..The surgery would have involved removing a very small amount of the end of the collar bone,to stop them from rubbing together,thus relieving the pain. It took mine about a year to feel normal, but I was foolish and continued to lift as usual..I tried to work through it,but I had a script for vioxx and took large doses of it to help with the pain.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 10:24:03 PM »
i'm gonna take a week off cept for legs...back day and the rest will just hafta wait...

and it feels like it's at the front of my collar bone to right over the top of it not towards the rear where i'd think that type of injury would occur...

but i'm gonna see my doc and i'll report back..

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 06:20:10 AM »
now that i think about it...i just realized that when dwelling on the workout yesterday that i was going about 3 inches deeper in my bench and incline presses than normal to make sure i felt hte stretch and got the full ROM!

:o >:( :-[  and that's why i never did it...that damned tendon in my shoulder would roll and pop!