Author Topic: overtraining  (Read 1618 times)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
overtraining
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:20:53 AM »
i am curious, since we all try to avoid it, what to you are the signs you see in yourself as overtraining.please do not tell me what the classic signs are i want to know what you see in yourself that leads you to believe your overtraining.

thanks

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
Re: overtraining
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:33:59 AM »
i had a noticable decrease in strenght over a period of weeks...about 3 actually...where the usual exercises that should have been easy WEREN'T and progression just flat stopped all together..no gains in strength or size

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 09:13:37 AM »
More thena day or to of "I don't wanna be here" plus all the stuff tex said. It's more then a plateau. You feel weaker in multi lifts. The stuff that should fire you up just doesn't.  I hit shoulders today, strength was fine but fire just wasn't there. I've got double bicep tendonitis, so that's destroyed any progress I had on my bi's. I think it's both mental and physical and you gotta figure a way through it.
L

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:27:36 AM »
knock off a few sets per body part...

it's what blew me past it..hell i hit 315 for more reps than ever before last night because of it...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 05:56:03 AM »
Loss of interest in lifting and bodybuilding, loss of motivation, joint pain, injuries, colds, sore throats, plateaus, loss of strength, loss of muscle mass. 

The reason I was overtraining is because I was lifting heavy, which is good, but I was doing it too long, too often, without enough rest between workouts.  Eating more and sleeping more did not help since testosterone plays a major role in recovery and I don't do steroids.  All of these symptoms stopped when I stopped training the same muscle group more than once per week, cut my workout time down to 45 minutes or less, started taking one week off every 8 to 10 weeks of training.  I'm still lifting just as heavy, eating and sleeping just as much.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 06:55:29 AM »
for me its when i can't sleep. i know i am missing the normal signs but i tend to gut it out when i am lifting bad or feel weak or do not want to be there, heck some of my best workouts come on days when i have to force myself to go. even soreness or other physical problems tend not to change my course, but when i start pacing the floor at night and can't sleep even though i am tired then for me thats when i have to back off.