Author Topic: AM Training????  (Read 1442 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
AM Training????
« on: June 03, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »
ANyone do this?  I mean first thing when you wake up, to shake things up a little bit, or be it work schedules, etc.  How has it worked for you?  How does your diet look for the rest of the day?  I was thinking of some bcaa first, then a shake about halfway though, followed by a good pro/carb meal an hour later....thoughts?

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: AM Training????
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 10:59:35 AM »
tried it for a lil while but i was so tired i never got a great lift in, however i felt great after cuz i got that out of the way and had the rest of the day to do what i want. i also tried running in the am, but i started missing out on alot of sleep

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »
ANyone do this?  I mean first thing when you wake up, to shake things up a little bit, or be it work schedules, etc.  How has it worked for you?  How does your diet look for the rest of the day?  I was thinking of some bcaa first, then a shake about halfway though, followed by a good pro/carb meal an hour later....thoughts?

You're in a catabolic state basically when you first get up.  Not a good idea to train then.  Eat/drink something before                                                                      and after.
:

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »
my general rule is don't train on anything less than at least 2 solid meals so if i have to train at lets say 9am one day i will go to bed at around 9:30 the previous night so i can get up at around 6:30 - 7:00 and have meal 1, then meal 2 will be the pre workout meal at 9. so really there is no such thing as a first thing in the morning workout for me because i just plan it so that doesn't happen, i can't workout on nothing thats just suicide. I always get 3 meals in before training and for me that usually takes up until about 3 pm, but im also still young and don't have a full time job to commit to so training is life right now. thats my 2 cents on getting outta bed and hitting the gym right away, you can do it but your gains will lack.
bodybuildersreality.com

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 06:53:17 PM »
how about bcaas before and I crack my pw shake midway?  Will that suffice?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 08:05:21 PM »
in my opinion No. I think if your training for size in your muscles then you must have calories and carbs and protien in you before a training session. BCAAs are not a suffient preworkout meal. If you are not worried at all about size and/or your conditioning then sure you don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to. But if you at least take in some oatmeal, have a shake and a banana, your BCAAs then go train you will get better results then just taking BCAAs.
bodybuildersreality.com