Author Topic: Broccoli and Testosterone  (Read 9732 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Broccoli and Testosterone
« on: June 07, 2006, 02:24:19 PM »
I started eating a bag of frozen brocolli each night (nuked) and after several nights in a row, what has resulted are symptoms of a testosterone boost (I'll leave those to your imagination, but you know what I'm talking about) that FAR outweigh anything tribulus has done for me.

After doing some research, here is what I came up with as far as the connection between broccoli and testosterone .

From "A Man's Worse Nightmare Health Alert 125" by Al Sears, MD.--
http://www.alsearsmd.com/ha125.php

"I3C (Indole-3-Carbinol) is a plant compound that has the ability to rid   estrogen from your body.3 Vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli contain it. In your digestive tract, I3C converts into DIM.

DIM (Diindolylmethane) is a plant compound that enhances estrogen elimination. It breaks down estrogen into safer compounds. DIM balances the testosterone-estrogen ratio."

Other sources have also contained similar references.  As such, I plan on making sure that my diet includes at least one Indole-containing vegetable in significant quantities each day (although I don't know if I could stomach the cabbage!).

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Re: Broccoli and Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 05:32:03 AM »
Thank you for the info ! :)

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 10:09:27 PM »
You can also take a concentrated DIM supp.  Food is always preferable, but if you are in a pinch a tablet is always convenient fall back.  I used the brand Source Naturals.

elstapler

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 12:22:30 AM »
but how much  broccoli would you have to eat to get 400mgs of dim, would the broccoli absorb better if you put it in a juicer?? also i have tried to raise my t levels naturally as much as possible {never had a test tho} but what i got from the article it regulates normal levels so if i was higher than normal would it actully bring levels down?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 04:28:40 PM »
but how much  broccoli would you have to eat to get 400mgs of dim, would the broccoli absorb better if you put it in a juicer??

:-X :-X :-X
:

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 05:12:40 PM »
I started eating a bag of frozen brocolli each night (nuked) and after several nights in a row, what has resulted are symptoms of a testosterone boost (I'll leave those to your imagination, but you know what I'm talking about) that FAR outweigh anything tribulus has done for me.

After doing some research, here is what I came up with as far as the connection between broccoli and testosterone .

From "A Man's Worse Nightmare Health Alert 125" by Al Sears, MD.--
http://www.alsearsmd.com/ha125.php

"I3C (Indole-3-Carbinol) is a plant compound that has the ability to rid   estrogen from your body.3 Vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli contain it. In your digestive tract, I3C converts into DIM.

DIM (Diindolylmethane) is a plant compound that enhances estrogen elimination. It breaks down estrogen into safer compounds. DIM balances the testosterone-estrogen ratio."

Other sources have also contained similar references.  As such, I plan on making sure that my diet includes at least one Indole-containing vegetable in significant quantities each day (although I don't know if I could stomach the cabbage!).

Since ive been eeating more veggies with my meals (low carbing) ive noticed the same! Nice PI work finding the info!!  8)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »
Since ive been eeating more veggies with my meals (low carbing) ive noticed the same! Nice PI work finding the info!!  8)

didn't Levrone eat like 2 lbs of green beans or broccoli with every meal?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 04:23:30 PM »
didn't Levrone eat like 2 lbs of green beans or broccoli with every meal?

Even if he did... big deal.  He took tons of AAS and GH during his BBing career.