Author Topic: You *will* become a female bodybuilding fan again  (Read 17011 times)

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: You *will* become a female bodybuilding fan again
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 06:38:34 PM »
Rachelle Cannon is really hot,  :)

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 09:07:05 PM »
I stopped being interested in women's bb'ing after Lenda Murrays 1st Ms O win.After that it all went downhill.You could literally watch Kim C. develop her jawline & 5 o'clock shadow year after year.Take the ladies, remove their tops & get them to do a rear double bi shot & place a man next to them in the same pose & I think anyone will have a difficult time to tell which gender is each.

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 10:23:23 PM »
I believe she'd earn her pro card within a year or two if she did.

That seems like a much quicker route than the one I'm currently on...lol!  Who knows what will happen at Figure Nationals and USA's this year, though.  I've continued to make changes to my physique...adding more size to my shoulders and back, hardening my quads, and tightening my glutes.  I like the look thus far.  My height will always be a hindrance on the figure stage; whereas with bodybuilding, it would be a benefit.

I think Rachelle looks beautiful.  Is she competing this year?  I'm also a huge fan of Emmanuela's look for the bodybuilding stage.  She switched to figure, though, didn't she?  Or at least I thought I had seen some photos of her on the Canadian figure stage.
Jodi

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 10:36:41 PM »
I think that if the judges continue on the road on making female bodybuilding back to the sexy way it was, they would garner more fans very quickly.  Just the fact the Cathy LeFrancois is coming back into female bodybuilding is a great move for her, because when she won the Ms. International lightweight, it was great.

Definately more of that.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 11:24:58 PM »
They look great. Dinah is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing .

It's just I love the big BB women too. To me they are works of art.
I dont get the haters, I really dont.

Still, good luck to Rachelle Cannon. She definately has what it takes to get noticed.

Go get 'em girl.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 07:29:42 AM »
I've continued to make changes to my physique...adding more size to my shoulders and back, hardening my quads, and tightening my glutes.  I like the look thus far.  My height will always be a hindrance on the figure stage; whereas with bodybuilding, it would be a benefit.

Jodi,

You looked perfect before. Why change anything!

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 07:52:42 AM »
http://65.109.242.152/movies/cannon.htm

(flash required, but worth it)

The whole catwoman thing doesn't do it for me but I'm sure it was entertaining to others.  More importantly though, SHE IS NOT A FEMALE BODYBUILDER and I'm sure she has no intention of becoming one, which for her would be a smart move.  If dissappearing breasts, enlarged clits, and haggard/masuline looks were what she was all about she wouldn't be smiling in those pics, she'd be crying.  If you know her tell her I said she's kind of hot but with a bit more muscle she'll look like a tranny. 

All the best...

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2006, 08:00:22 AM »
I think that if the judges continue on the road on making female bodybuilding back to the sexy way it was, they would garner more fans very quickly.  Just the fact the Cathy LeFrancois is coming back into female bodybuilding is a great move for her, because when she won the Ms. International lightweight, it was great.

Defiantely more of that.

I have to agree with this, let's just hope it's not too late.  Now that the cat's out of the bag and the general public know that female bodybuilders definately used testosterone to boost their lean body mass, will they really forget all that they've heard and seen in the past and set aside their personal bias to then embrace female bodybuilding as never before?  I know you'd like to remain optimistic about that but I'm more of a realist and I can definately tell you it won't happen.  Female bodybuilding?  Stick a fork in it, it's done.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2006, 08:27:29 AM »
Rachelle is totally hot.  Incredible body too.  I hope if she competes in BBing she does not overdo it to ruin the nearly perfect physique she already has.

Agree with Ron 100%.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 08:32:19 AM »
Tre, your a pimp.  Good call on this one!

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 12:39:18 PM »

Defiantely more of that.

Fully agree, Ron. I have tried to make this point on other boards, but the androgen-freak she-males are all the rage to some people.  :-\
Lee

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 04:25:23 PM »

Defiantely more of that.

Good to hear. I was always a fan of Cathy as a bodybuilder :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2006, 04:34:23 PM »
Good to hear. I was always a fan of Cathy as a bodybuilder :)

You were?

I was never a fan of her then.

She looked like shit.

But once she got off the heavy stuff and into fitness, she was sooo wonderful.

I think she looks great. When she's not trying to become a Bev Francis type of monster.

She's really awesome. As long as she stays off teh juice.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2006, 05:39:11 PM »
You were?

She's really awesome. As long as she stays off teh juice.

YIP
Zack
Well you can forget about that idea now that she's going back to bodybuilding. She's likely already juiced to the gills.  :-\
Lee

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »
Jodi,

You looked perfect before. Why change anything!

Thank you!   :)  That will add some motivation to tonight's cardio session!  I, of course, see myself in a whole different (and very critical) light.  My whole goal has been to even out my physique and to improve upon the previous year in some fashion while still maintaining a curvy, feminine, attractive physique that draws other women into the fitness world.  From the comments I've received from friends and strangers alike, it seems that I'm accomplishing that very goal.

I just saw a picture of Emmanuela in MuscleMag this evening; she placed high at the 2006 Canadian Nationals in figure.

I also remember reading that Cathy was returning to bodybuilding.  I think some women are meant to carry a bit more muscle, and when they try to drop it, they lose a bit of the symmetry and appeal they previously had.  I did like Cathy's physique more as a bodybuilder than as a figure competitor, but I think she is at a good point to bring muscle back into some areas while keeping other areas trim and small, thus working on refining her shape and filling back out.

I miss the bodybuilding look of the eighties and the fitness look of the early nineties.  I'm not sure what has changed.  Obviously drugs are a factor...maybe the abuse and misuse of them?  The wrong advice from the wrong people?  I don't know.  How did the women manage to get so hard but keep such nice lines back then?

Today, many of the physiques look like pieces/parts.  In many of the competitors, you notice muscle groups rather than a flowing structure.  The body is a piece of art, and the entirety of it should grab you first, causing you to then sit back and study the details to discover what really drew you in the first place.
Jodi

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 10:26:47 PM »
Lee Priest woud totally own that kat woman suit

He should wear it at the O
Here comes the money shot

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2006, 10:49:12 PM »

If they can get it back to the overall physique and less of the pure muscular look, female bodybuilding might have a shot at coming back and perhaps get some sponsors. But in speaking to our favorite Women's Physique World editor, Steve Wennerstrom, who also knows everything about the sport, he still says there is a major niche in our sport, and that he sells ton of the mag to the faithful crowd.

But he did say that the sport is losing ground on the local levels, now that Flex, Musclemag, Muscular Development, etc have dropped it from their magazines.

http://www.wpw.net/

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 11:16:31 PM »
240 should get a website going for real that states"BAN FEMALE BODYBUILDING.com"...I bet my house it would sell....it would probably actually help female bodybuiding just by the traffic....

What do ya say 240...Lets get it going...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2006, 05:10:26 AM »
If they can get it back to the overall physique and less of the pure muscular look, female bodybuilding might have a shot at coming back and perhaps get some sponsors. But in speaking to our favorite Women's Physique World editor, Steve Wennerstrom, who also knows everything about the sport, he still says there is a major niche in our sport, and that he sells ton of the mag to the faithful crowd.

But he did say that the sport is losing ground on the local levels, now that Flex, Musclemag, Muscular Development, etc have dropped it from their magazines.

http://www.wpw.net/

As you know when a woman's BF goes under 15% everything about her that is femine goes also. Then they get implants and the downwards spiral continues.  It is nasty to see a really really lean overly muscled female with ugly implants. She looks good in those pic because she still has "some" BF.
Here comes the money shot

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2006, 06:18:57 AM »
As you know when a woman's BF goes under 15% everything about her that is femine goes also.

Sigh.  I love ignorance.   ::)

By the way, it's "feminine."

15% in this industry is high.  It's barely an off season bodyfat percentage.  It's not the low bodyfat that is the main concern.  It's the drug use and the types of diets the girls are on that might be lacking necessary nutrients or food groups.  It is possible to get into the single digit percentages and keep your curves, have your hair shiny and healthy, and have good skin.  The majority of your top figure girls are in the 6.5 to 9 percent range.  I tend to go on stage at about 7 percent.

By the way, breasts don't make a woman.  They are simply two mounds of fat sitting on a chest when you really get down too it.  There are plenty of other factors that go into what determines a woman's "femininity."
Jodi

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2006, 07:49:07 AM »
Sigh.  I love ignorance.   ::)

By the way, it's "feminine."

15% in this industry is high.  It's barely an off season bodyfat percentage.  It's not the low bodyfat that is the main concern.  It's the drug use and the types of diets the girls are on that might be lacking necessary nutrients or food groups.  It is possible to get into the single digit percentages and keep your curves, have your hair shiny and healthy, and have good skin.  The majority of your top figure girls are in the 6.5 to 9 percent range.  I tend to go on stage at about 7 percent.

By the way, breasts don't make a woman.  They are simply two mounds of fat sitting on a chest when you really get down too it.   There are plenty of other factors that go into what determines a woman's "femininity."

I agree breast don't make women, they're parents do but you also have to consider that they are part of what makes women look different from men.  Throughout the history of civilization breasts have been an ICON of femininity, fertility, and all the qualities that define women.  Long Live "Teh Breasts"!!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2006, 08:52:34 AM »
Rachelle is hot... but she's soft like Pintus in Canada.  The two of them could re-write women's bbing... but it aint going to happen.  Maybe this is where the PDI could re-invent it.  Gear free women is a pretty new idea.  Plus the sponsors would come back.  Believe it or not MsO received $50K back in the day.

Ah, Emmanuela...love that woman, too. 

Rachelle has been competing in some of the so-called 'natural' federations (INBF, Musclemania, etc), but even though she's an INBF 'pro', there are really no opportunities to move up, nor is there any prize money available...certainly nothing approaching $50K. 

She will be entering her first NPC event this weekend as a bodybuilder and hopes to qualify for the Team Universe.  She will also be giving NPC figure a try at the upcoming BodyRock.  With her looks and physique quality, I know she'll make a solid impression on the BodyRock stage despite being one of the softer competitors (she refuses to use any hardening 'agents').         

As for the claims that she's 'not a bodybuilder', you guys are flat-out wrong.  Sounds cliché, but female bodybuilders come in all shapes and sizes, and despite your efforts to pigeonhole the women into various categories, at the end of the day, they are *all* 'female bodybuilders', from Monica Brant on up to Iris Kyle.  They're just at different stages of exceptional physique development.

I'd love to see the creation of a 'Body Fitness' division (not to be confused with 'figure' in the European IFBB), where women with physiques that many of you are labeling as 'figure' could do stylized performances of their own creation. 

IFBB/NPC figure is boring, IFBB/NPC women's bodybuilding and fitness are not.  A large part of the fanbase loves the figure women (looks, physiques), so why not create a hybrid division? 

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2006, 09:30:46 AM »
THEY SHOULD ELIMINATE WOMEN BODYBUILDING ALL TOGETHER. WHEN I GO TO A BODYBUILDING SHOW, I NEVER GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT WOMEN BODYBUILDING, THESE MEN..OOPS, I MEAN THESE WOMEN NEED TO TONE THESE PHYSIQUE DOWN. IT'S GETTING REALLY GROSS OUTTHERE
Get Big, or Die Trying

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2006, 09:46:53 AM »
By the way, breasts don't make a woman.  They are simply two mounds of fat sitting on a chest when you really get down too it.  There are plenty of other factors that go into what determines a woman's "femininity."

Rumor is that Jodi has recently wanted to get breast implants herself...
I Love The True Adon

Bast175

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2006, 09:59:49 AM »
Rumor is that Jodi has recently wanted to get breast implants herself...

Go Big Jodi!