Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Radio: King Kamali - REPLAY AVAILABLE!!!  (Read 7050 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Radio: King Kamali: June 12th!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »
Ussually with the show, the topics we want to hear are cut short with the all too familar.."Well that does it for this ...." and the topics no one cares about ..Muscletech Scientist, the details of Mike Francois' illness (no disrespect), or other such issues seem to be prolonged... but that might be my opinion.... also i noticed whenever something is gettin good , Bob chimes in with the whole ..."What you think about the PDI ???" cmon just let it happen, we dont need the same analysis everytime.
I liked the round table discussion personally. I would like it if they called Shawn Ray on the phone ...then we can witness thier first actual conversation !!

Kinda like that movie with Keanau Reeves and Sandra Bullock, Lake house...two people who never met but know so much about the other.

But it would probably degenerate into the same rhetoric we listen to here.

Regardless, I like the show alot Dan and Bob you guys are entertaining as hell.

L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 12:51:57 PM »
Hell, the least productive use they could make of the hour would be to have Shawn and Tamali, each on a tinny phone line, trying to talk over each other. Gives me a headache just imagining it.

But I'd sure like to him hear him explain the "thought process" behind publicly threatening message board posters - even if they were taking sleazy cheap shots at his wife. Was it some kind of Middle Eastern "honor" thing? A spasm of roid rage? Or just frustration over the continuing decline of his career?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 12:59:54 PM »
Above all, the radio station would be doing a service to those of us who aren't 100% sure that King won't do something stupid like attack someone.

By asking him if he intends to attack those who laughed at him on a message board, he will be forced to publicly state whether he was just talking trash, or if he does intend on attacking strangers.

Hell, I just laughed at the way he handled himself, called it an 'implosion' and he is SWEARING to me that he'll be at my door to beat me up very very soon. 

If you guys call him out on it, I will earn a TON of respect for it.  It's will REALLY show that you care about the sport and the fans, not about protecting screw-up athletes who threaten people.

If you guys don't, it will look you're puppet radio. 

I really do think Dan will ask though- he's been a man of his word several times when I asked him about things.  He has told me he'd ask Q's or address issues, and he has.  So I really do think we'll hear King asked if he intends to fight strangers over message boards or not.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 01:14:51 PM »
240, you suck at PM's.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 01:30:22 PM »

I really do think Dan will ask though- he's been a man of his word several times when I asked him about things.  He has told me he'd ask Q's or address issues, and he has.  So I really do think we'll hear King asked if he intends to fight strangers over message boards or not.

Dan is a man of his word, all the request we have had in the past he has come thru on. Bob on the other hand, like him or not, he is so in your face sometimes and talks before he thinks, that i think he will go ahead an ask the tough questions. Regardless, Bob please just let it happen.
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »
Dan is a man of his word, all the request we have had in the past he has come thru on. Bob on the other hand, like him or not, he is so in your face sometimes and talks before he thinks, that i think he will go ahead an ask the tough questions. Regardless, Bob please just let it happen.

I wouldn't rank Bob with Mike Wallace in the pugnacity sweepstakes. But I respect the job he's been doing on the radio.

However...

He is a self-proclaimed pal of Tamali's. [I don't know how you spell it... "mamalouke" ?]  So even if he does call him on the threats foolishness, it's bound to be more along the lines of "Dude, why waste your time?" rather than "How can you justify this behavior?"

thisiskeith12

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 09:40:24 PM »
Seeing how Bob and Kamali are closer friends than Shawn Ray and Bob, I think Bob will let Kamali say his piece. King will deliver the blows tomorrow and I'm interested in hearing what he has to say.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 10:48:21 PM »
Seeing how Bob and Kamali are closer friends than Shawn Ray and Bob, I think Bob will let Kamali say his piece. King will deliver the blows tomorrow and I'm interested in hearing what he has to say.

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 05:35:49 AM »
Kamali has to be the biggest contradiction subject to you guys...first you all say he takes the boards too seriously, and then you all post in here that he needs to be held accountable for threats? Everyone in here talks more shit than he ever could...looks like ALL of you take it a little too seriously. Lighten up guys...I know he's laughing when he posts...so maybe some of you should too.

And 240...as one of the biggest shit disturbers on getbig...I would have thought YOU of all people could take "threatening" PM's with a grain of salt...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 06:22:03 AM »
Today is the DAY!!!!

Radio broadcast of another meltdown on the airwaves....

How much you wanna bet he starts to post right after the radio show ???

We shall see where Bob's loyaties rest today.... He will either show that he is a real freind of Kamali which maybe a career suicide, esp since Kamli's BB career is like the Titanic ...minus everything except the last hours of the voyage. Or he can  defend fellow industry collegue Shawn Ray and not let loudmouth freind get away with slander and self promotion. Bob, you probably dont have one business savy bone in your body so Ill make this real easy for you. Business is business, dont make it personal. aka your not going to make more money showing that your a loyal friend.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 07:32:04 AM »
Kamali has dug his own grave on the boards this week.  He sent violent threats to dozens of people. 

Bob was wise to distance himself from buddy Craig Titus after he allegedly killed someone.

Bob would be wise to just hold his tongue tonight and let King dig his own marketing grave.

Personally, I think Bob will try to smooth things over, saying some BS like "everyone was making threats and things got out of hand" when in reality, we criticized Kamali's inablility to place in top 5 and only KING resorted to threats of crippling ppl.

I think Dan will keep it real, and challenge King to support or back off numerous threats he made.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 05:11:21 PM »
Discussion of Dexter in Olympia.

Nice discussion back and forth regarding Lee Priest also being listed for the Mr O.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 05:16:10 PM »
Cicherillo wasn't asked the question WHY he believes Lee will be suspended.

Solomon does a pretty good job though.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 05:24:41 PM »
Kamali: Something was wrong.

Cicherillo: What exactly was wrong?

Kamali: My last minute prep.

Kamali: I realized "I look like dog shit"... My body didn't respond to the message from Chad Nicholls... Joe McNeil is the complete opposite of Chad Nichols. (Monster ownage of Teh Chad)

Kamali: I wasn't upset after the NYC.

Kamali gives Cicherillo cred for training smart...

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »
Nice stupid spin on Shaawn ray's record! PUSS- SSY!

Can you just say what you want to say without your boy Chic backing you up?

PUSS - SY!

He's telling Shawn Ray to shut up?

Holy crap! This guy is high!

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »
He is so full of shit!!!
JM

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 06:38:06 PM »

thisiskeith12

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 11:06:47 PM »

You have no room to talk, you're not far behind.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Radio: King Kamali - REPLAY AVAILABLE!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2006, 08:02:23 AM »
how was tamali?  did he dish or eat crow?