Author Topic: Need a explosive chest routine..  (Read 4665 times)

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
Need a explosive chest routine..
« on: June 10, 2006, 05:08:52 PM »
My chest is definitely my week muscle group, Everyting on me grows like a mofo, except my chest. I need to really shock it or something most of my chest exercises are on the machines due to lack of a spotter, so come on help a bratha out..
U

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Need a explosive chest routine..
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 05:26:06 PM »
Dips
Incline DB presses
Pec Decks

Two sets each, 8-12 reps, twice to three times a week.

Good luck.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 05:31:55 PM »
My chest is definitely my week muscle group, Everyting on me grows like a mofo, except my chest. I need to really shock it or something most of my chest exercises are on the machines due to lack of a spotter, so come on help a bratha out..

get spotter, then ask again

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 06:01:54 PM »
Dips
Incline DB presses
Pec Decks

Two sets each, 8-12 reps, twice to three times a week.

Good luck.

Thanks JPM Ill try that... Thanks for looking out

get spotter, then ask again

Wooo, You can keep that reply for someone else.
U

BallzDeep69

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 11:17:10 PM »
I bench press and incline press and I've never had a spotter.  I use barbells as well.  Be intelligent, and don't try and do another rep if you had to struggle like mad to get the last one up.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 02:16:35 AM »
Wooo, You can keep that reply for someone else.

hahaha... no disrespect dude... just playing around!  IMO you need to find a spotter for chest day... that or just ask some random person for help on your heaviest sets... a spotter let's you really push to failure and that's going to lead to more growth than the specific exercises you do...

you want a workout?

try:

(Use full ROM on all exercises)

Flat Bench, 2 warm up sets, 4 working sets, Reps: 12,10,8,4+pause, then to failure (use a weight that you can get for 4 reps, then rack it, rest 30 seconds only, then try to get 2-3 more reps)

Incline Dumbbell Press, 1 warm up set, 3 working sets, Reps: 12,10,8 (ensure that you control the dumbbells taking about 2 seconds for each half rep; 2 seconds down, 2 seconds up and squeeze your chest at the top of the rep)

Flat Dumbbell Flys, 3 working sets, Reps: 12,10,10 (again ensure that you control the dumbbells taking about 2 seconds for each half rep; 2 seconds down, 2 seconds up and squeeze your chest at the top of the rep)

If you have any gas left in the tank do 2 more sets of an exercise of your choice, either a machine or hammer press or cables or whatever.

Chest is all about the mind-muscle connection; feeling it working... NOT about the weight that you are using, go as heavy as you can with good form.

Peace  8)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 04:01:33 AM »
pause on the chest for a sec at bottom of each rep. takes stress of delts and tris and recruits more chest muscles. promise ust try it

BallzDeep69

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 04:29:32 AM »
Goudy that sounds like it would work!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 01:02:11 PM »
Goudy that sounds like it would work!

i promise you. see after one set it feels so touch its incredible. really feel the chest work.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 02:05:21 PM »
you dont need a spotter just go one rep SHORT OF FALIURE. I squat heavy 4-6 reps sometimes and I don't use a spotter.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »
you dont need a spotter just go one rep SHORT OF FALIURE. I squat heavy 4-6 reps sometimes and I don't use a spotter.

SPOTTER = ONE MORE REP ..... ONE MORE REP = GOOD

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 03:33:58 PM »
PUSSIES!

I never train with a training partner because no one can keep up with me anyways. I always do a couple of reps past failure and chest is one of my best bodyparts. Man up you weak little men.
just push some weight!

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »
PUSSIES!

I never train with a training partner because no one can keep up with me anyways. I always do a couple of reps past failure and chest is one of my best bodyparts. Man up you weak little men.

Its not because no one can keep up with you.......Its because NO ONE LIKES YOU, dickbreath
U

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 03:50:07 PM »
Its not because no one can keep up with you.......Its because NO ONE LIKES YOU, dickbreath

spoken like a real small man! 8)
just push some weight!

anabol-lektor

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »
alexxx the mass monster is back from his jehova witness mission in china
Vince G kynoselen KING!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 04:23:37 PM »
PUSSIES!

There is no way your chest is as big as your mouth. I think you need to man up and start your 1st set with a heavier weight that way there will be no  reps past failure. I train alone lots and im not scared to go super heavy. why you holding back on yourself alexxx? dont you want to bodybuild? 1st set should be as hard as the last and if your doing reps past failure then it wasn't failure was it? so you need to go heavier. now go get a tissue, wipe your vagina and then go lift some real weights if you can.
bodybuildersreality.com

BallzDeep69

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 04:58:29 PM »
PUSSIES!

That makes absolutely no sense.  Plus your chest is tiny so why would we listen to you even if you sounded like you knew what you were talking about?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 05:03:01 PM »
his jw mission in china? doubt it those people are usually a lot more serious than alexxx. and about the spotter thing. Going to absolute failure isn't necessary.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 05:20:28 PM »
What I find funny is that fact that continues to post and hang around at a place where he is not wanted.

LOSER
U

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 05:22:37 PM »
What I find funny is that fact that continues to post and hang around at a place where he is not wanted.

LOSER

Still mad that I am bigger, prettier and better in everything than you even though I don't juice?
just push some weight!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 05:25:09 PM »
he still needs to shave that baby fuzz from his face.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 05:29:39 PM »
SPOTTER = ONE MORE REP ..... ONE MORE REP = GOOD
not really, and not at the expense of overtaxing your CNS  :-\
I'd rather avoid that last rep than have to wait a week to train the same muslce again.. k 1 set wont do that much, but going to failure is way overrated.
follow the arrows

BallzDeep69

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 05:30:07 PM »
his jw mission in china? doubt it those people are usually a lot more serious than alexxx. and about the spotter thing. Going to absolute failure isn't necessary.

True that.  Actually it's counter-productive to go to complete failure or beyond more than once every 3 or 4 workouts.  Reason being it's too draining on the CNS which takes away from future workouts.  That's something AAS doesn't improve.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
Just wondering how anyone does a couple of reps past failure...and with no spotters to help....Alexxx can you help me here?

And as  Gibberj2 states: going to failure is not needed. In most cases, going to failure should be avoided at all cost if progress in strength and muscle size is the goal. It can be counter productive. Good Luck.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 09:01:42 PM »
thanks for the reinforcement. i'll start to practice it now.