Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly: King Kamali Play-by-play  (Read 44561 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly: King Kamali Play-by-play
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2006, 06:11:55 PM »
Wow that show sucked!
I think Kamali asked a lawyer about what he wanted to do and was told it wouldn't be a good idea.  Shawn has way more money then King and would sue his butt off.  Compared to the PM some of us got, Kamali turned out to be a pussy.

Eh.. You missed the point.

Kamali was told he HAD a case. But not against SHAWN.

But against 240 or Bust.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2006, 06:13:08 PM »
It's a bluff.

240 can't be sued.

You're wrong, actually almost anyone can be sued. The issue is can anyone afford it? Win or lose you have to hire an attorney at around $300 an hour, miss work, travel and other issues.

Everyone here knows that I am friends with King and I try and stay out of the general BS that goes on here cause to be honest it is petty, BUT there are things that you can not say on the internet that you used to be able to a couple of years ago. I have noticed more than once (and I can't remember who) that some people have called King a terrorist because of were he was born. This is without a doubt something that you will have to have a good reason for posting when it comes time to explain it to a judge. All of this I am going to kick your ass back and forth bull chit is nothing compared to some of the certain things that have been said.

It's all fun and games until someone goes too far and personally I would not want to risk the welfare of me and my family whether I am right or wrong and God forbid have to explain myself in a court room.

LifterChick

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »
Defenses Against Libel

Public Figures: If the person you're writing about is a public figure, he or she is often fair game. Politicians, celebrities, leaders, public advocates or activists... you can call them every name in the book. Of course, these people also usually know this, and aren't likely to sue anyone for libel.

I wonder if Bob and few others will join the suit and make it a class action?  Reading your quote, many of the things you've posted have gone well beyond this.  Most in jest, but you will still ahve to hire a Lawyer to have your say.  One way or another King is going to hurt you financially and hurt your families future.  Even if this doesn't go to court, you can pretty much kiss any new BB'ing business goodbye.  You are a dangerous commodity to associate with.  I wonder if King's lawyer first step would to have your access to the boards restricted.  Since you do business on the internet that is to much of a reach, but it would be so simple for a Lawyer to ask for your access to the slanderous activity be limited until the case has been determined.

Bye Bye 240

Undercover Supp Guy

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2006, 06:17:17 PM »
Congratulations to 240, it only took the last ten shows of them talking about him before they mentioned his name.

Somebody needs to re-examine their life when there's major head space being rented by a twenty year old kid with essentially nothing going on in his life other than pumping out $300 websites and annoying pro bodybuilders.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2006, 06:21:24 PM »
I wonder if Bob and few others will join the suit and make it a class action?  Reading your quote, many of the things you've posted have gone well beyond this.  Most in jest, but you will still ahve to hire a Lawyer to have your say.  One way or another King is going to hurt you financially and hurt your families future.  Even if this doesn't go to court, you can pretty much kiss any new BB'ing business goodbye.  You are a dangerous commodity to associate with.  I wonder if King's lawyer first step would to have your access to the boards restricted.  Since you do business on the internet that is to much of a reach, but it would be so simple for a Lawyer to ask for your access to the slanderous activity be limited until the case has been determined.

Bye Bye 240

What are you talking about? Being an asshole is a page right out of Kamali's book. He's says it's making him tons of money.

Why won't it work for 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2006, 06:21:58 PM »
Should I be hiring an agent right now?

LifterChick

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »
you sound like a very bitter, miserable woman, i feel sorry for you.

I am and you should

Praetor Fenix

• Getbig IV
  • Capable of strong empathy and tremendous rage
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2006, 06:23:18 PM »

Bye Bye 240

STFU
BGWell Is Back.Invariably

LifterChick

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2006, 06:24:20 PM »
What are you talking about? Being an asshole is a page right out of Kamali's book. He's says it's making him tons of money.

Why won't it work for 240?

I agree, but it is still going to cost money to have an equal say.  Does Rob have it? I think not.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2006, 06:24:34 PM »
Shit I missed it....is there a way to listen to the show afterwards?

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »
Hey Issac, you're the king of nut-huggers.... This is how you talk to a paying client? Douche...  ::)

lol
#

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2006, 06:26:02 PM »

If your asking me I honestly don't know since this is the first I have heard about this.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2006, 06:28:42 PM »
It's funny you can say anything about the President of the United States but you can't say anything about "The King" without getting sued.

Any lawyer who takes this case is a loser.

Praetor Fenix

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2006, 06:29:13 PM »
You're wrong, actually almost anyone can be sued. The issue is can anyone afford it? Win or lose you have to hire an attorney at around $300 an hour, miss work, travel and other issues.

King Kamali would lose money as well, in a case that would never get off the ground.
Eye for an eye perhaps, but I doubt King will have actually have the resolve to follow through and make the necessary phonecalls, complete the mandatory paperwork, etc.

King Kamali is notorious for making ridiculous, baseless predictions and forecasts.
This will be only one of many things he fails to follow through on.

I have noticed more than once (and I can't remember who) that some people have called King a terrorist because of were he was born. This is without a doubt something that you will have to have a good reason for posting when it comes time to explain it to a judge. All of this I am going to kick your ass back and forth bull chit is nothing compared to some of the certain things that have been said.

The multiple threats of bodily harm will invariably negate this issue, especially due to the impossibility of establishing a clear case of causality.

It's all fun and games until someone goes too far and personally I would not want to risk the welfare of me and my family whether I am right or wrong and God forbid have to explain myself in a court room.

Whatever.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2006, 06:29:28 PM »
Not trying to be annoying here - genuine question from me:

Can 240 actually be sued? I thought the first amendment or something like that let Americans have free speech? I have always heard Americans talk about their nation is "free".

Again, not trying to be insulting - a genuine question from a non-American.

Shit I missed it....is there a way to listen to the show afterwards?

It will be available for replay soon.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2006, 06:31:54 PM »
He is a public figure.   I utilized creative license.  I'm in another state and I'm smalltime.

I am getting paypal donations though - I appreciate it!

http://fallshineband.com/one/help.htm

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2006, 06:32:54 PM »
Sounds like you need someone to help you with your marketing and PR now. For $300 I think we can work something out. If you get King to sue anyone else we'll give you a referral fee to help them as well.  ;)

Elevate Your Image.™

Undercover Supp Guy

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2006, 06:33:45 PM »

Can 240 actually be sued?

A lawsuit can be filed, costs a whopping $320 in California, could it be succesfully prosecuted against 240?  No friggin way, ZERO friggin claim and on top of that there would be consequences from the court.  

Welcome to the USA..

AVBG

« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2006, 06:34:34 PM »
He is a public figure.   I utilized creative license.  I'm in another state and I'm smalltime.

How much has been donated?  ;D

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2006, 06:34:40 PM »
Sounds like you need someone to help you with your marketing and PR now. For $300 I think we can work something out. If you get King to sue anyone else we'll give you a referral fee to help them as well.  ;)

Rob, your stock went up tonight. It's time to make $400 websites.

Praetor Fenix

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2006, 06:38:52 PM »

Keep us up to date on your expenditures:
The exact dollar amount spent AND how much you have been reimbursed.

I'll try to fill in the difference (unless the figures really begin to stack up, in which case, who knows, maybe you can reimburse me with a few free websites or something  ;D)

I'd hate to see you lose even a cent at the expense of some 3rd tier pro with illusions of grandeur (bulking up to some obscene offseason weight under the mistaken impression that his additional fat is muscle) who believes he is on par with Cutler and Coleman in the pre-season.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »
Even if Kamali doesn't win, it will certainly drain 240's bank account to food stamp and welfare status.  He may need to raise his prices on his website and actually get a real job.  I'm pretty sure others will join including Bob.  Heck possibly anyone 240 has messed with.  Matt T, Bast, even me if I wanted too.

240 has the true distinction of pissing off the wrong people.  You've said a lot bro, and I do know Bob will problably join in especially after the "clown thing" you did after the Master National accusing him of rigging the show

You really fucked up Rob, seriously.  I'd settle out of court if I was you.  Honestly I would along with a public apology
A

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2006, 06:43:49 PM »
Rob has not infringed upon King's rights so he is protected under the First Amendment.

A lawsuit can be filed, costs a whopping $320 in California, could it be succesfully prosecuted against 240?  No friggin way, ZERO friggin claim and on top of that there would be consequences from the court.  

Welcome to the USA..

Thanks.

LifterChick

« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2006, 06:46:04 PM »
Either way

The 240 with his shots and quips on the boards is going to a "safer" and muted version of what he once was.
Maybe this is all Kamali wanted.

OR

Maybe Wayne and the PDI will come to his rescue for all the hard work he's done.   ::)

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2006, 06:48:09 PM »
Even if Kamali doesn't win, it will certainly drain 240's bank account to food stamp and welfare status.  He may need to raise his prices on his website and actually get a real job.  I'm pretty sure others will join including Bob.  Heck possibly anyone 240 has messed with.  Matt T, Bast, even me if I wanted too.

240 has the true distinction of pissing off the wrong people.  You've said a lot bro, and I do know Bob will problably join in especially after the "clown thing" you did after the Master National accusing him of rigging the show

You really fucked up Rob, seriously.  I'd settle out of court if I was you.  Honestly I would along with a public apology

Did you see that episode of Gilligan's island when the Skipper did the exact opposite of what Gilligan thought so the bomb wouldn't blow up the island?

Whatever the opposite of what is Vince says is always the right answer.