Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly: King Kamali Play-by-play  (Read 44389 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Weekly: King Kamali Play-by-play
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2006, 09:38:05 PM »
When are you getting your MD column?

LOL... I'm saying... I feel like a damn celebrity.  I seriously do need an agent now.

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2006, 09:40:01 PM »
I don't know Bob Chicerillo personally but King Kamali made Bob look like a choir  boy.

He's that good.

I'm fat
Rectum defendere!

Undisputed

• Getbig II
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2006, 09:41:05 PM »
Call his bluff.  Bring out some of your old shit for old times sake.  

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2006, 09:45:30 PM »
the QE 2 wireless just started woring...wassup people?   lol  did he say shit or not?

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2006, 09:58:48 PM »
I don't think this lawsuit is going to happen for several reasons. First, King Kamali used pretty strong language in referring to it on the show... any attorney will advise against that.  That videotaping thing sounds so bizarre and to me sounds more like something that would be used in a criminal case.  If there was a threat from him towards you of physical violence, that is a lot worse than libel.  But, to be libel it has to meet all of the criteria in the definition, which will usually consist of this but may vary in wording from state to state:

1.  Presenting material to the public
2.  by print, writing, signs, etc.
3.  that is false (this must be proven, opinions are by definition neither true or false)
4.  that damages a person's reputation (must also be proven).

Unless all are present, there is no libel.  If you are sued, do not threaten to countersue by yourself, go through an attorney (which is the biggest reason why I don't believe him) because you can seriously screw yourself in how you word things.  You may easily be able to get pro bono counsel through a free speech NFP such as the ACLU or a few of the newer internet free speech groups. 

Also, this has to be taken in the context of his job as a bodybuilder in the public sphere and through his sponsors, the IFBB, etc. What are they going to think of this lawsuit?  Message boards are undoubtedly a huge part of the bodybuilding fanbase... have any of the mags sued for copyright on pictures from them?  I'm no expert on the law or bodybuilding, but this publicity for them could be lousy.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2006, 10:17:07 PM »
I wonder if Bob and few others will join the suit and make it a class action?  Reading your quote, many of the things you've posted have gone well beyond this.  Most in jest, but you will still ahve to hire a Lawyer to have your say.  One way or another King is going to hurt you financially and hurt your families future.  Even if this doesn't go to court, you can pretty much kiss any new BB'ing business goodbye.  You are a dangerous commodity to associate with.  I wonder if King's lawyer first step would to have your access to the boards restricted.  Since you do business on the internet that is to much of a reach, but it would be so simple for a Lawyer to ask for your access to the slanderous activity be limited until the case has been determined.

Bye Bye 240

You're hitching your wagon to the wrong train. In case you didn't know, slander and defamation aren't criminal offenses, they are civil which means Rob CAN'T go to jail for committing them.

When did you turn so pathetic. Your post rivals any that I've ever read for it's idiotic content. Let go of the hate you sound like a dried up hag, Rob is your friend.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2006, 10:19:44 PM »
You're hitching your wagon to the wrong train.
When did wagons get hitched to trains?
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2006, 10:19:54 PM »
Every client I work with knows I am the infamous 240 from the boards...

Let's see, I used to beat up on Palumbo- he went to jail.
I used to beat up on Kelly & Craig- they're in prison.
I went at King- he's about a bad day away from jail.

My clients know the truth about pro BBers.  They know who the psychos are.  I seem to have a good way of choosing which ones to start with, too.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2006, 10:24:48 PM »
Sorry bro but have you ever seen the commericals where they say if you buy drugs, your supporting the terrorist???Bring it one step further and one could say that if you buy drugs and the money goes to terrorist, then you could be considered a terrorist...How many people on every board out there say that pro bodybuilders use/buy drugs???

Nothing to be sorry about. Check the news laws that stem from the patriot act. They suck, but they are for real. If you accuse someone of being a terrorist then you better be prepared to prove it or..... These prosecutors are just waiting to make an example out of someone with these new laws. What if someone accused your neighbor of being a terrorist? Think of the repercussions of how it could adversly effect your life thinking that you really did live next to one. Also, if that person was lying, think of how it could effect the accused persons personal and private life.  He could lose his job, his friends, his family. Bet any lawyer could think of a helluva lot more to bring to court. For those of you who think that there is no liable when it comes to publicly accusing someone of being a terrorist then you are dead wrong.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2006, 10:25:50 PM »
When did wagons get hitched to trains?

Back when Schmoes ruled the world. You remember that don't you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
Nothing to be sorry about. Check the news laws that stem from the patriot act. They suck, but they are for real. If you accuse someone of being a terrorist then you better be prepared to prove it or..... These prosecutors are just waiting to make an example out of someone with these new laws. What if someone accused your neighbor of being a terrorist? Think of the repercussions of how it could adversly effect your life thinking that you really did live next to one. Also, if that person was lying, think of how it could effect the accused persons personal and private life.  He could lose his job, his friends, his family. Bet any lawyer could think of a helluva lot more to bring to court. For those of you who think that there is no liable when it comes to publicly accusing someone of being a terrorist then you are dead wrong.

King mentioned that tonight and attributed it to me- Obviously I never have.

I might have said it looked like he was carrying Lake Erie in his marsupial pouch.  But I never touch race or ethinicity.  I'm not stupid, and I blame way more divisions on income than on race.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2006, 10:29:07 PM »
"Which brings me to a bombshell- out of all these kids, there is one that has been rude, malicious, and enough is enough.  I been tracking this guy for a few months.  He' has a surprise coming, and to all the haters.  His name is ROb and he lives in SW Fl.  bout 6 months ago, i hired someone to look up info on this guy.  video clips- making things up, spreading rumors, name calling.  We compiled all this.  last week, I went to see a lawyer.  I showed all this to him.  Look this over, see if there is a case.  The lawyer said there was a case.  This guy can serve jail time, definite defamation of character.

Don't be surprised if this kid gets a summons.   he has a surprise coming."

King...  going to court with 240 will really jump start the dying career ::)

Cutler said it best about the BBer verbal wars, "I graduated from high school ten years ago."  King should listen to a successful BBer instead of his lawyer (who obviously just wants to make money win or lose).
Motherboy (the band).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2006, 10:31:21 PM »
King...  going to court with 240 will really jump start the dying career ::)

Cutler said it best about the BBer verbal wars, "I graduated from high school ten years ago."  King should listen to a successful BBer instead of his lawyer (who obviously just wants to make money win or lose).

yeah- when you listen to his statement, you can see he stammers on certain parts when talking about time.  "A few ... uh ... months"  yeah, I've known for 6 months".

And imagine if and when I do get served with papers.  Holy crap... you KNOW I'll be posting them on every board on the web!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »
King mentioned that tonight and attributed it to me- Obviously I never have.

I might have said it looked like he was carrying Lake Erie in his marsupial pouch.  But I never touch race or ethinicity.  I'm not stupid, and I blame way more divisions on income than on race.

I never said it was you. If you never posted any remarks or any video about King being involved in terrorism then I guess you would have nothing to worry about.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2006, 10:33:59 PM »
Bob..

That radio show was a disgrace to bodybuilding. Kamali was NOT professional.

Why even say that?

No crap.  This will put a even more of a negative spin on BBing (like the recent roid and HGH media frenzy isn't enough).  Now you have a pro suing an internet nerd. 

Even the real celeberties let the Inquirer stories go most of the time.  Not worth the time...
Motherboy (the band).

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2006, 10:36:05 PM »
You guys need to keep up on the more current new internet laws. I think this would apply most to Goatboy.  ;D

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2006, 10:39:26 PM »

Whatever the opposite of what is Vince says is always the right answer.

Ha!  Classic.  I was thinking the same thing. 
Motherboy (the band).

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2006, 10:43:00 PM »
dude, callin someone a terrorist is not a fuckin crime. disgusted, you are a terrorist probably for saying that
Valhalla awaits.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »
Anyone with half a brain knows that will never stand up to constitutional scrutiny. The first amendment organizations would love a test case, and you know damn well if the Justice Department wanted to contest this, They'd pick a better case that some moron pro BB'er getting picked on for being fat and wearing ridiculous costumes.

Hope this helps.

Didn't ask for your help.  ::)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2006, 10:47:25 PM »
Anyone with half a brain knows that will never stand up to constitutional scrutiny. The first amendment organizations would love a test case, and you know damn well if the Justice Department wanted to contest this, They'd pick a better case that some moron pro BB'er getting picked on for being fat and wearing ridiculous costumes.

Hope this helps.

lmao!!!
Good one goat..... ;D

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2006, 10:48:06 PM »
Nothing to be sorry about. Check the news laws that stem from the patriot act. They suck, but they are for real. If you accuse someone of being a terrorist then you better be prepared to prove it or..... These prosecutors are just waiting to make an example out of someone with these new laws. What if someone accused your neighbor of being a terrorist? Think of the repercussions of how it could adversly effect your life thinking that you really did live next to one. Also, if that person was lying, think of how it could effect the accused persons personal and private life.  He could lose his job, his friends, his family. Bet any lawyer could think of a helluva lot more to bring to court. For those of you who think that there is no liable when it comes to publicly accusing someone of being a terrorist then you are dead wrong.

Sarcasm is protected speech.  King is wasting money.
Motherboy (the band).

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2006, 10:56:30 PM »
i mean,  you tihkn some federal prosecutor is going to make an example of some idiot on a BB message board of all places calin someone a terrorist, sandwiched in between one saying he fucked a goat and another post sayin he likes little boys. give me a break

i love how you just bring up the patriot act and lump it together with that

Valhalla awaits.

Knows_Everything

• Getbig II
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2006, 11:43:08 PM »
240 you're no celebrity that's forsure.  No one here would want to meet you in person or get your autograph, maybe a few internet nerds on getbig that follow you, but that's it.. You talk so much smack, about bbers, yet I know you will never show your face at a pro bbing event. You know you would get your ass pounded. I see right through you, you are such a geek its not even funny. You have mental issues, especially after faking an illness with the mattT thing. I mean that right there shows me how immature you are. You have to be, to post as much as you do on here. Now go ahead and try and up yourself by making a cheesy ass reply.
"Money Talks"

Bast175

« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »
240 you're no celebrity that's forsure.  No one here would want to meet you in person or get your autograph, maybe a few internet nerds on getbig that follow you, but that's it.. You talk so much smack, about bbers, yet I know you will never show your face at a pro bbing event. You know you would get your ass pounded. I see right through you, you are such a geek its not even funny. You have mental issues, especially after faking an illness with the mattT thing. I mean that right there shows me how immature you are. You have to be, to post as much as you do on here. Now go ahead and try and up yourself by making a cheesy ass reply.

what's your point?

Knows_Everything

• Getbig II
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2006, 12:14:25 AM »
what's your point?

my point is he is a loser.
"Money Talks"