Author Topic: 240 Threads vs King Kamali - What happened?  (Read 53610 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Time to start the 240 defense fund...
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 08:24:20 PM »
I think most of us know how this will end.

With you making a funny website of Kamali?  (That's what Im hoping for anyway)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2006, 08:26:53 PM »
Can someone provide for a quick recap of what exactly went down?  I was attending to some serious defecation and I come back to only find a fund being instilled.

1MoreRep

Would be glad to in exchange for more information on this awesome shit.

I'm a bit of fan of taking huge dumps..

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 08:27:42 PM »
of course. I don't need the headache.  I tried to, after the first PM, and they kept coming.  After reading up on it for an hour- then listning to the clip again, I realized that the time frames were a little stuttered, the word slander was used instead of libel (slander is spoken libel is written), and some other details that don't make complete sense.   The fact- he blamed recent attacks on family on me, and it was pretty well known here who made those statements.  And getting throw in jail- well, I'll let our legal scholars address that.

I think most of us know how this will end.

true, you have nothing to worry about. Might be better to apologize publicly and move on to more important things. It was funny, but now it's going kind of far. I spent 3 months in jail in early 2005 and the process leading up to it was worse than the time.(3500$ and alot of waiting) . Which is not to say you have anything to worry about, but why even take the slim chance that he is serious? There are plenty of other funny things on this site to amuse us all. Not to mention the headaches this may cause your personal life. It just makes sense to make an apology and move on, imo.
E

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »
Robert, you have nothing to worry about.  Serving time for making animated .GIF's, what's next?

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
IF KING SUES 240
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2006, 08:30:26 PM »
Will that make 240 the new Larry Flint?....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2006, 08:31:13 PM »
He's blowing hot air, Rob... he doesn't even know the difference between civil and criminal matters... if he talked to a "lawyer", it's one who got his law degree out of a Cracker Jacks box.  ::)

I do a few lawyer sites, so I emailed one tonight--- and he said that most lawyers will take the case to make a few hundred $ for their time, but that with the public figure thing, and that he has actively engaged in insults here makes it pretty much a waste of time.  

honestly, I was stunned to hear him go off like that.  The hosts were still, the boards erupted, and it was seriously one of the more, um, surreal things I've ever heard.  Thousands of people heard it- just way too real for myself or King.   Definitely *something* of epic proportions.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2006, 08:31:53 PM »
I'm sure most of us agree had King chosen some sort of embarassment owning it would have just been funny. 

Instead he's turned to taking on free speech on the internet.  Monster delusions.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2006, 08:32:47 PM »
Would be glad to in exchange for more information on this awesome shit.

I'm a bit of fan of taking huge dumps..

Rocket,

The details are enough to get a hot and steamy cyber session going, but I'll leave you with thought of me taking heavy whiffs of shit-stained toilet paper right as I stared down into a fecal abyss.

A most impressive dump,
1MoreRep

Wombat

• Getbig IV
Re: IF KING SUES 240
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2006, 08:32:58 PM »
And is King now going to open up ministries across the country ala Jerry Falwell?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »
Interesting thought:
Why would he have written this, this week, if he had put a researcher on me 6 months ago?  My name and contact info is public knowledge.

I am closing in on you and your location.
Ron has been very helpful as of late ;)...
Almost there buddy, I am almost right next to you. :-*

Also, the blurred blame of this week's attacks on me- I called implosion and monster insecurity, but that was it.  Smells fishy.  but nonetheless, I'd like it to end.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2006, 08:35:28 PM »
true, you have nothing to worry about. Might be better to apologize publicly and move on to more important things. It was funny, but now it's going kind of far. I spent 3 months in jail in early 2005 and the process leading up to it was worse than the time.(3500$ and alot of waiting) . Which is not to say you have anything to worry about, but why even take the slim chance that he is serious? There are plenty of other funny things on this site to amuse us all. Not to mention the headaches this may cause your personal life. It just makes sense to make an apology and move on, imo.

240 should apologise when Kamali apologises publicly to the internet for trying to deny free speech whilst he himself has option flaunted the right to it (making insinuations about transexuals and shawn ray, wishing people aids and whatnot).

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2006, 08:36:19 PM »
Rocket,

The details are enough to get a hot and steamy cyber session going, but I'll leave you with thought of me taking heavy whiffs of shit-stained toilet paper right as I stared down into a fecal abyss.

A most impressive dump,
1MoreRep

Dang, its just not the same if it didn't come out of my ass :(

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2006, 08:37:13 PM »
He's gone with legal threats after finding out that you own guns.  Plain and simple.  Ill conceived.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2006, 08:41:07 PM »
240 should apologise when Kamali apologises publicly to the internet for trying to deny free speech whilst he himself has option flaunted the right to it (making insinuations about transexuals and shawn ray, wishing people aids and whatnot).

Kamali is a douche, no doubt about it, but this isn't a matter of "he did it too", the fact remains that while 240 can take a joke, Sharry can't. Does anyone really think Sharry would go on that show and ruin his already soiled reputation if he weren't a little bit serious.  All I'm saying is that 240 can be the bigger man and move on.
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2006, 08:45:56 PM »
He's gone with legal threats after finding out that you own guns.  Plain and simple.  Ill conceived.

Interesting point.

more:
A public figure must show "actual malice" — that you published with either knowledge of falsity or in reckless disregard for the truth. This is a difficult standard for a plaintiff to meet.

Do blogs have the same constitutional protections as mainstream media?
Yes. The US Supreme Court has said that "in the context of defamation law, the rights of the institutional media are no greater and no less than those enjoyed by other individuals and organizations engaged in the same activities."

What's the statute of limitation on libel?
Most states have a statute of limitations on libel claims, after which point the plaintiff cannot sue over the statement. For example, in California, the one-year statute of limitations starts when the statement is first published to the public. NY/NJ: 1 year also.

Not-libelous:
Calling a political foe a "thief" and "liar" in chance encounter (because hyperbole in context)
Calling a TV show participant a "local loser," "chicken butt" and "big skank"
Calling someone a "bitch" or a "son of a bitch"

Since libel is considered in context, do not take these examples to be a hard and fast rule about particular phrases. Generally, the non-libelous examples are hyperbole or opinion, while the libelous statements are stating a defamatory fact.

How do courts look at the context of a statement?
For a blog, a court would likely start with the general tenor, setting, and format of the blog, as well as the context of the links through which the user accessed the particular entry. Next the court would look at the specific context and content of the blog entry, analyzing the extent of figurative or hyperbolic language used and the reasonable expectations of the blog's audience.

Context is critical. For example, it was not libel for ESPN to caption a photo "Evel Knievel proves you're never too old to be a pimp," since it was (in context) "not intended as a criminal accusation, nor was it reasonably susceptible to such a literal interpretation. Ironically, it was most likely intended as a compliment." However, it would be defamatory to falsely assert "our dad's a pimp" or to accuse your dad of "dabbling in the pimptorial arts." (Real case, but the defendant sons succeeded in a truth defense).

And yes, I extended an apology to King after the first threatening PM, and I wrote him again tonight.
This is going to be an epic day in getbig history.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2006, 08:47:35 PM »
he made it sound like you did something out of the confines of the net. Any truth to that?
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2006, 08:50:59 PM »
he made it sound like you did something out of the confines of the net. Any truth to that?

I don't think so.  Two year ago, I made funny images.  Ron took them down if they were too offensive.

THIS WEEK is what infuriated him.  He came on the boards after 18 months, and was brutally attacked.  Some people talked about his placement/physique, and some spoke very very negatively about his wife, and he blew up.  All I did was laugh at his 'implosion' and mentioned he sounded insecure.  That is it.

Tonight's accusation that I used racist and family stuff- that was wrong, and anyone here will probably agree.  Some do make fun of his heritage and make al quida jokes, but i have never done that. 

IMO he got his facts blurred, focused all his shawn anger and placement issues on me, and blew up.  Definitely surreal.  Some ppl take getbig ENTIRELY too seriously.

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2006, 08:54:21 PM »
I don't think so.  Two year ago, I made funny images.  Ron took them down if they were too offensive.

THIS WEEK is what infuriated him.  He came on the boards after 18 months, and was brutally attacked.  Some people talked about his placement/physique, and some spoke very very negatively about his wife, and he blew up.  All I did was laugh at his 'implosion' and mentioned he sounded insecure.  That is it.

Tonight's accusation that I used racist and family stuff- that was wrong, and anyone here will probably agree.  Some do make fun of his heritage and make al quida jokes, but i have never done that. 

IMO he got his facts blurred, focused all his shawn anger and placement issues on me, and blew up.  Definitely surreal.  Some ppl take getbig ENTIRELY too seriously.

King just had the biggest meltdown ever.

Rob you need to start up a new 'clown' movement for this one

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »

yeah, my friend told me about this site and I told him about Sherdog(mma site), he told me this site was funny and it truly is. I have completely forgot about Sherdog lately. I even joined in some of the threads cuz I think Kamalis public image sucks. I had no idea how personal this site actually is. anyway, entertainment value here is great, but threats of lawsuits really dampens the fun. Good luck dude.
E

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2006, 08:59:05 PM »

yeah, my friend told me about this site and I told him about Sherdog(mma site), he told me this site was funny and it truly is. I have completely forgot about Sherdog lately. I even joined in some of the threads cuz I think Kamalis public image sucks. I had no idea how personal this site actually is. anyway, entertainment value here is great, but threats of lawsuits really dampens the fun. Good luck dude.

I wonder what Ron's take on that point is.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 08:59:19 PM »
This sucks. now everyone is going to act all prim and proper.  The bullshit is what made this forum good.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2006, 08:59:43 PM »
Calm the fucck down, you're embarassing yourself Rob.
Klownmali is full of shit and he has no case.  What you're doing is exactly what he wants you to do.

Good point.  Fuck it.  :)  

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2006, 09:04:40 PM »
Good point.  f**k it.  :)  

240---pull out some of your old skills and make up some more parady's about King...This guy is a complete fool and from here on out has no crediablity on any board...

By the way, didn't he say things about Shawn and Shawn's mother???Weird that he can do it, but doesn't want it done to him....He truly is a spoilded little momma's boy..

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »
Jesus fuccking christ!   I can't believe anyone is taking this clown seriously.  ::)

You and I must be the only ones here that understand the laws well enough to know that Kamali made a very empty threat.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2006, 09:11:36 PM »

Here's a typical Klownmali move:   this week he sends me 4 pm's plus makes 3 posts on the board insulting my wife. I finally retaliate and send him a PM attacking Babs, and what does he do? Tattles to Ron, conveniently ignoring the fact that he did to me first the very thing he was bitching about.

Sure, you've taken some shots at him, Rob, but he's taken several at you too. Once he gets down in the dirt and starts slinging mud, he loses all right to complain.
Ron: "I am lazy."