Author Topic: Training Traps  (Read 2286 times)

Lil Diesel

• Getbig II
Training Traps
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:14:42 PM »
If I train back on friday, would it be ok to train traps with shoulders on thursday?

I know traps get alot of work from back exercises( ie. deadlifts) but I'm always too tired after back to put in a good effort for traps.
Would workin traps the day before back be counterproductive since back exercises work it somewhat?

Lil Diesel

• Getbig II
Re: Training Traps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:07:02 AM »
Anyone?

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:20:38 AM »
If I train back on friday, would it be ok to train traps with shoulders on thursday?

I know traps get alot of work from back exercises( ie. deadlifts) but I'm always too tired after back to put in a good effort for traps.
Would workin traps the day before back be counterproductive since back exercises work it somewhat?
i have found alot of success for myself by splitting my trap work between back day and shoulder day, on back day since i do deads toward the end i will do some behind the back barbell shrugs (lee haney version) then at the end of shoulder day i have been doing high pulls and dumbell shrugs to finish off, and by splitting them i feel they get better response than if i tried to do to much on either day.i think if you keep the amount of sets within reason you should be fine no problem.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:21:52 AM »
i do traps with shoulders the day after back and i do 4 or 5 sets of barbell shrugs to the front but traps are probably my easiest growing bodypart.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 07:48:38 AM »
Try finshing off the shrug routine with 3 sets on the standing calf raise machine (if you have one) heavy enough to wher you can get 20or more solid full motion reps. Its good burn out....
Giving 110%

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 08:18:10 AM »
Traps always on shoulder day. Best results for me!

FatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Man these weights are heavy!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 01:12:06 PM »
i have found alot of success for myself by splitting my trap work between back day and shoulder day, on back day since i do deads toward the end i will do some behind the back barbell shrugs (lee haney version) then at the end of shoulder day i have been doing high pulls and dumbell shrugs to finish off, and by splitting them i feel they get better response than if i tried to do to much on either day.i think if you keep the amount of sets within reason you should be fine no problem.

I may try this..I do traps on shoulder day but, I don't think I Hit them enough with just that workout...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 01:43:36 PM »
I do 3 quick sets on Chest day and 4 good ones on shoulder day.
bodybuildersreality.com

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 01:53:50 PM »
i do them with shoulders at the end. i also do upright rows in my shoulder routine which i helps as well. i do 3 sets of dumbbell shrugs maxing out, and 3 sets of barbell behind the back shrugs maxing out

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 04:37:46 PM »
Shoulder day.
give in to the darkside

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 04:52:21 PM »
i was doing them on shoulder day for ages.... but personally, I do not have an issue with trap growth... at this point i do them at the end of back day...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 06:06:47 PM »

Sounds fine to me.  I train traps and shoulders together on Wednesday and back only on Thursday.  Not counterproductive at all IMO.

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 02:22:50 PM »
Me, I'm crazy about my delts. So I'm more focused and seperate every other exercise from them. I usually do alot of laterals, but besides that. I like to work my traps with my back, no  help to you. I just feel after a lot of rows, dumbbell shrugs is what works best.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 03:51:19 PM »

Traps on shoulder day, Thursday. If I try to do them on back day, Tuesday, my grip is shot to shit. The grip is stronger after shoulders. I do 3x12 rev shrugs, an 3x12 d-bell shrugs all max weight, sometimes only 10 :-\.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 05:18:12 PM »

Traps on shoulder day, Thursday. If I try to do them on back day, Tuesday, my grip is shot to shit. The grip is stronger after shoulders. I do 3x12 rev shrugs, an 3x12 d-bell shrugs all max weight, sometimes only 10 :-\.
s   t   r   a   p   s

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 07:54:27 PM »
Actually doing traps w/your delts & then the back a day later may be beneficial to your back development.If your traps are fatigued from the work they had the day before there is less chance that your traps will take away from the work you are giving to your lats.