Author Topic: *arm routine, am i doing it right?*  (Read 2883 times)

kruz

• Getbig I
*arm routine, am i doing it right?*
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:46:03 PM »
hey guys, i have this arm routine that i do, then a chest routine
those are the 2 main things i wana tighten up and get built

im not sure if my eating habbits are very good for this, maybe u can suggest some to me

i do 20-45 minutes of cardio everyday(jogging)

i go arms one day, then chest the next, then arms, then chest, etc.
been doing this for about 2 weeks

my question is im never sore, should i be? i used to be in intense soccer training and my legs would kill me
but im not soar, and my workouts are pretty intense

also im about 6'1-2 @ 205 lbs
not sure of bf%

but my routine is(this is all on my cabled machine)(im not SUPER sure about the weight, so dont hold me to it)
4 sets of
4-6 reps bicep curl @ i believe its almost 80 lbs(pretty hard lift, can only do 4-6 max)
8-10 reps of preachers curl @ 60 lbs
8-10tricep pulldown(with hands facing me, like a pullup grip,easier than away) @ 80lbs
4-6 tricep pulldown(with hands facing away) @ 60 lbs

is that a decent workout??
any critque or advice ic an do on a cable machine woudl be awesome
any advice at all
then the next day i do chest(Doing cardio afterwards)

4 sets of.....

8-10 pullover @ 60 lbs
8-10 incline press @ 80lbs
6-8 bench @ 135lbs
6-8 fly's @ 135lbs

any help is granted, should i stick with this for awhile?
maybe switch up the diet? cuz i need to loose fat also

thanks guys, this is a great community, look forward to contributing the knowledge i learn to others through you and research and experience

thanx again

BallzDeep69

Re: *arm routine, am i doing it right?*
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 12:19:48 AM »
Is this a joke?

You're tellin me that you only work Chest and arms and you want advice on this??

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:48:16 AM »
No offence bro but i see loads guys like u in gym doing 'beach weights.' Mate of mine actually asked me y i was doing closegrip bench press, he didnt undastand y i wasnt just doing preachers and bench press ahhhhhhhhhhh!!

Gotta work hole body bro or ul end up looking weird and getting injured!!

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:58:15 AM »
hey guys, i have this arm routine that i do, then a chest routine
those are the 2 main things i wana tighten up and get built

im not sure if my eating habbits are very good for this, maybe u can suggest some to me

i do 20-45 minutes of cardio everyday(jogging)

i go arms one day, then chest the next, then arms, then chest, etc.
been doing this for about 2 weeks

my question is im never sore, should i be? i used to be in intense soccer training and my legs would kill me
but im not soar, and my workouts are pretty intense

also im about 6'1-2 @ 205 lbs
not sure of bf%

but my routine is(this is all on my cabled machine)(im not SUPER sure about the weight, so dont hold me to it)
4 sets of
4-6 reps bicep curl @ i believe its almost 80 lbs(pretty hard lift, can only do 4-6 max)
8-10 reps of preachers curl @ 60 lbs
8-10tricep pulldown(with hands facing me, like a pullup grip,easier than away) @ 80lbs
4-6 tricep pulldown(with hands facing away) @ 60 lbs

is that a decent workout??
any critque or advice ic an do on a cable machine woudl be awesome
any advice at all
then the next day i do chest(Doing cardio afterwards)

4 sets of.....

8-10 pullover @ 60 lbs
8-10 incline press @ 80lbs
6-8 bench @ 135lbs
6-8 fly's @ 135lbs

any help is granted, should i stick with this for awhile?
maybe switch up the diet? cuz i need to loose fat also

thanks guys, this is a great community, look forward to contributing the knowledge i learn to others through you and research and experience

thanx again

i hate to be a prick so early in the day (wait no i don't im a prick always) but the fact you are ignoring so much of your own body to have the chest and guns and long pants look of a teenager at the beach is upsetting. if you take the time to make your first post out of the box it should really contain even a shread of something that looks like a complete workout even if you have to copy it from a book or magazine. its no different than if you started giving advice on shooting styles to a cop and never have owned a gun.spend some time just reading the info, JPM,Pumpster,Arnold JR and others that spend alot of time here in the training section have some really insightful information but you need to step up your game.good luck.

kruz

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 06:25:09 AM »
well thats pretty good advice
but i do work my whole boddy when i do running, situps, pushups, and PT's

i alot of cardio exercises that work my whole body
but im not interested in building up my theighs and, back and shoulders as they are already huge

and i do train all three of them, just not with powerlifting

so dont htink that i just do those exercises then call it a day haha because thats def not me

chest and arms are the smallest part of my body, my shoulders, legs, and back are very well in shape from all the sports i play

does this make more sence? i hope it does, cuz i dont wana just work those 2, those are just my target areas

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:43:13 AM »
well thats pretty good advice
but i do work my whole boddy when i do running, situps, pushups, and PT's

i alot of cardio exercises that work my whole body
but im not interested in building up my theighs and, back and shoulders as they are already huge

and i do train all three of them, just not with powerlifting

so dont htink that i just do those exercises then call it a day haha because thats def not me

chest and arms are the smallest part of my body, my shoulders, legs, and back are very well in shape from all the sports i play

does this make more sence? i hope it does, cuz i dont wana just work those 2, those are just my target areas

ok where to start, heres the problem, your cardio work and sports will give you nice defined legs and keep the fat off, but if you spend anytime ignoring hard work for your back,legs your whole body will suffer. i know you may be "happy" with your "big" back and legs and shoulders, but really think about it from a sports angle. a wide reciever in the NFL does not just run and practice catching, nor does a soccer player just run and kick the ball around, they take a approach to strengthen there whole body (whole body strength translates into better preformance in everything). by doing squats and deadlifts and shoulder and chest pressing you will move the body along a path of complete development as opposed to being "beach ready" by only doing some bi's and tris and chest work 2 or 3 times a week.

by incorperating power type workouts (you can tailor anything with a hundred different workouts) you will build a base of strength and muscle that will be consistent and all around and help both your sports hobbies as well as "looking good" for the ladies.

kruz

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 08:59:06 AM »
very good information
and thank you very much for not being so mean and understanding to someone
thats just coming into working out and bodybuilding

i guess the main thing is
im kind of stuck with just a cable machine(kind alike a bowflex i believe)
and the only excercises i know is those two you know what i mean?
but i do want to build up my whole body
but im not sure how to do that without bulking up my "big" legs, back and shoulders

does that make sense?
get stronger but not necesarrily make them bigger

thank you for understanding and dealing with me
one day i will be able to help someone in my position

thank you very much
`KruZ~

(a short, anything, kind of workout would be great, because im stuck
on what to do on the machine, thanx)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 09:09:01 AM »
very good information
and thank you very much for not being so mean and understanding to someone
thats just coming into working out and bodybuilding

i guess the main thing is
im kind of stuck with just a cable machine(kind alike a bowflex i believe)
and the only excercises i know is those two you know what i mean?
but i do want to build up my whole body
but im not sure how to do that without bulking up my "big" legs, back and shoulders

does that make sense?
get stronger but not necesarrily make them bigger

thank you for understanding and dealing with me
one day i will be able to help someone in my position

thank you very much
`KruZ~

(a short, anything, kind of workout would be great, because im stuck
on what to do on the machine, thanx)

not knowing what type of machine, and never having used a bowflex other than seeing it on comericals i would simply drop the hundred bucks and by a simple barbell with 310 lbs of weights if you can then you could really come up with a all over body free weights program.other than that you have to get creative, there are plenty of websites out there that you can find and adapt strong man type lifts to your stuff around the house or neighborhood. chin up bar at a school as well as dips, a rope and someting heavy and a attach point and you can do pull or pressdowns. old tires or junk, you just have to be creative.

plus i hate to break it to you but nobody just "bulks"up from lifting, it takes consistent lifting and eating, and a desire to get bigger, you just don't do a couple of squats and suddenly your tom platz, its a slow process and you can control the rate depending on your intensity and calorie and protien intake so as you reach the state of body you want you can adjust your cardio until you find what works.

good luck either way.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 09:17:31 AM »
If you can,  you may want to add chins & dips to any future workouts. And probably as your only upper body workout. The average guy may not be aware but these two exercises have a very favorable affect on the biceps & triceps. Going beyond that , they can build outstanding chest/pecs and if you care, an outstanding back. Check out any gymnast.  Trouble with only trying to build the selective parts of the body is that you will look unbalance and actually a little weird in the long run. Can't do many chins & dips at first? Don't worry your strength will catch up pretty quickly. Try 2 or 3 sets each of these exercises,6-10 reps, three times a week. Go for monday-wednsday and friday if you can. Should have at least one rest day's between workouts. Hopefully you may catch the body building fever after you see some of the results of this short training plan. And also understand how a strong pair of legs will set you apart from other gyt's. Good Luck.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 09:42:44 AM »
So are you trying to get big.  You said you wanted to build up your arms and chest?  To do this requires focus and hitting it hard.  Working it out more than once a week will put you into overtraining.  Hit all your body parts hard once a week with heavy enough weight but still letting you have good form.  running is not included.  You may want to cut down a little on the cardio unless you have a significant amount of body fat.

The machine you are using prob gives you too much help.  Definately invest in some free weights...better yet join a gym every city has some gym that is reasonable in price.

And work your whole body dude. Every muscle once a week.  Get enough rest, enough calories and enough protein 1.5-2 grams per pound of body weight. This is if you want to build muscle.

kruz

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 12:10:59 PM »
wow this is so much good information
and i thank you so much
im going to try to bulk, then cut

but i got some protein things such as soy and milk, meat and eggs today
ima calculate how much i eat and get back with you
im trying to do like 3-4 meals a day with eggs, rice, corn, peas, and chicken breast
because i can live off that stuff i like it so much, and i hear its good for protein(have to figure out exactly how much)

hpoefully i can get 100g of protein per sitting, thats alot though i think, i guess i just need more time

thanks for all the info, ima look into getting freeweights very soon as suggest, thank you for that
and i guess i am overtraining if im only taking 1 day off before i hit it again
im just afraid im going to get more fat from eating so much? is this normal thinking? haha

thanks again guys i cant tell you how much, you guys are keeping me motivated
and im starting to feel the workout fever, i just feel if i take a day off im wasting it

stupid soccer has messed me up with 2 practices a day, back about 1/2 a year ago, gets me in that mindset

but thanx for all the information again, ima get back to you with my new workout schedule, and diet plan
and also, is creatine worth looking into yet? or should i wait? or not use it?

and if i hit arms monday, i should rest the whole week? or maybe just 2-3 days resting arms or

and your right, the more ive thought of it, the more i want a body transformation
i wanted to target arms and chest, and i can do that, and work the rest of my body

it wasnt because the i want a beach body fast thing, but everyone wants to look good

man, great information, get back with you soon, anymore info would be great, Thanks SO MUCH
you guys have really blessed me, look forward to giving back.
`KruZ~