Author Topic: Upper chest HELP!  (Read 2034 times)

nick2106

• Getbig I
Upper chest HELP!
« on: June 14, 2006, 04:50:43 PM »
My upper chest isnt as develpoed as the rest of my chest what can i do do fix it? thanks

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Upper chest HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 05:05:23 PM »
Incline bench should be a priority.

I concur
big or bust

chow747

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:04:02 PM »
incline bench
incline flys
incline cable crossovers
incline cable flys
incline hammer strength press
superset incline bench w/incline flys?
superset flat db bench wit incline flys?
pre exhaust wit an incline movement?
and food to build the muscle up there. ;D

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 08:08:31 PM »
Unless you just prioritise your upper chest by working it 1st just a simple upper chest pre exhaust will do the trick.Do incline flyes for a 1st exercise & then follow that up w/regular incline barbell presses as the 2nd exercise.Keep the bench angle from 30-45 degrees. More than that & you involve the front delts more than your upper chest.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:12:17 PM »
Do barbell Incline presses Heavy after 3 sets of incline flyes, do some flat work and end with Incline presses on the smith.
bodybuildersreality.com

BallzDeep69

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 04:22:24 AM »
I've always done Bench Press, Incline Press, the flat dumbell flyes.  Switching to low incline flyes (for the finishing movement) has made a sig diff in the "shelf" appearance of my upper pec, my inner pecs as well, esp around the clavicle.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 06:34:11 AM »
Do barbell Incline presses Heavy after 3 sets of incline flyes, do some flat work and end with Incline presses on the smith.

good stuff, i also found setting the locks on the smith machine and doing heavy partials and rest pause training helps.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 08:37:59 AM »
Most BB'ers don't have upper pecs development to match the lower portion, so not to worry too much, they can be improved (I pray that no one put's up that illusion of the  male pec structure again to show that there is no seperate upper, lower, inner, outter pecs. Those terms are just for points of references ,not actually divisions...most everyone  understands it is one muscle unit...we get it!).

Might try incline DB presses with the elbow out and the DB's kepts in line with the neck/jaw throughout the movement. Touch the DB's together at the top but do not completely lock out the elbows. Allow a little tension at the top position. Pec deck, elbows high on the pads and in line with the neck/jaw again. If you decide to do DB fly's than consider cable's instead. DB flys lose most of their benefit about 2/3's (or less) of the way up to the top position. Cables will keep tension on the pec's throughout the exercise. Good Luck.

nick2106

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 12:37:30 PM »
Thanks for the input! Much apprecited

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »
all this incline bullshit is a fallacy, EMG studies have shown that all three angles of bench presses hit every area of the chest equally, just bench and incline your ass off and maybe some flay flyes and you'll be fine.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 01:27:17 PM »
I've been told that those EMG's aren't that reliable for most subjects. They gave a general view of the recuitment on a muscle group under tension. Not accounting for stress load, direction, leverage, muscle inserts, length of bone, percentage of tissue fiber required, etc, etc. Most  BB'ers find out (or they should) what movements works best for them by experience and actual hands on training time. EMG's may have their place but it's just one method of measuring muscle recuitment. And not always the best method.. Good Luck.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 07:15:51 AM »
I've been told that those EMG's aren't that reliable for most subjects. They gave a general view of the recuitment on a muscle group under tension. Not accounting for stress load, direction, leverage, muscle inserts, length of bone, percentage of tissue fiber required, etc, etc. Most  BB'ers find out (or they should) what movements works best for them by experience and actual hands on training time. EMG's may have their place but it's just one method of measuring muscle recuitment. And not always the best method.. Good Luck.
WTF are you babbling about moron? how are you going to tell me that a damn computer that measures muscle activation is wrong? computers are never wrong.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »
Sarcasm: Yes I am. Computers may never be wrong but the data feed into them can be.

Good Luck and have a nice day.