Author Topic: Lifting weights / doing yoga  (Read 3961 times)

Mike

• Getbig IV
Re: Lifting weights / doing yoga
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »
I actually went and tryed yoga over winter break, my gym holds some classes.  Thought I could improve my flexibility which could help me from tearing stuff and prevent injury..... Sadly, yoga wasn't what it was cracked up to be.  For a free class provided to the general public it wasn't that basic at all.  The positions were very hard, and I was only able to do maybe 3 out of the 30 or 40 that they did because of my lack of flexibility.  I wasn't able to gain any flexibility because I couldn't do any of the holds because I was too big and already lacked flexibility which pissed me off.  How the fuck am I supposed to stretch my body when I can't even bend or reach those areas already...very dissappointing.  If it was partners yoga it could have been beneficial, having somebody to push and hold my muscles but it wasn't.   Plus the class moved too fast.  There wasn't many ppl at the class and I go to a huge gym and I could see why no one attends because after the hardness of this free class no one would want to do it again.  I think they could have at least instituted different levels or something.  Very unhappy now I'm stuck using those seated stretch machines and stretch cages.

You had a bad instructor