Author Topic: Perception of bodybuilders....................  (Read 9904 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Perception of bodybuilders....................
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 03:46:33 PM »
saw something today that made me laugh to myself, we've got a new "trainer" at our gym, 5'10" 185lbs. shaved head, competition tan, walks with the worst case of imaginary lat syndrome i've ever seen, huge gym bag slung over the shoulders, gallon of water,5lb. container of whey protein, the days meals all packed, he was walking with his huge bag of food to the microwave and i said, "damn dude you've got enough food to feed an army" now mind you that this kid is about a buck eighty five, so he says, "yeah....you've gotta eat to grow" hahahahaha, are you f.ucking kidding me? i said, "yeah....i know what you mean" i asked him later if he had a tribal tattoo on his arm so he pulls up the sleeve on his massive 15 inch right bicep and says, "yep", no wonder normal people think bb'ers are such jackasses.

What you describe above is the perception of some random little guy in the gym--not a bodybuilder.  No one is going to look at that guy with his water and prefab meals and think “that’s a bodybuilder.”  And nothing he does is going to be immediately associated with people we traditionally think of as bodybuilders.  Sorry, his stats just don’t qualify.  :-\

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 04:10:49 PM »
Who give a shit about "the average persons perception" of a bodybuilder? The average person (check the latest stats for the overweight American)is a fucking slob that MAY work out twice a week, eats shit, indulges too much and has very little or no discipline. Fuck um >:(
When the bodybuilding standard for great physiques were guys like Lebrada, Haney, Zane, Arnold, the average person still said "EWWW"
..oh yeah, did I forget to say fuck em?  :)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 04:32:34 PM »

So you are trying to laugh at him because he is well orginiazed and plan his meals and all?

Yeah...you surely dont rely on the juice alone.... ::)
my point was it's obviously not making him big so why bother.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »
everyone's gotta start somewhere - just let him be

It has been said before, but who gives 2 figs about how bodybuilders are perceived by the general public? They just don't get it and that's how it should be. No matter how little they think of us, you KNOW they tread carefully when we're near. I love it!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 05:57:20 PM »
Yes, bb jackasses are a dime a dozen.   These guys that consume insane amounts of food are ridiculous.   I'm sorry, but when you leave your teens and 20s your life focus shifts.   When you're 20-24 and goin balls out in every facet of the bb lifestyle you think this will never end....you say to yourself, "shit, I'll be doin this when I'm 60!!"  I did and it simply didn't last.   Unless you have insane genetics for bb you don't need to live your life that way.  If you choose to then more power to you, but bb is a lonely, ultimately unfulfilling lifestyle.   I believe completely stayin active, weight training, keepin lean, eating right, etc....but the bb lifestyle is a different animal.   For most avid lifters it's merely a phase in their life....reality always sets in.   Of course there will be 10 guys that are 30-50 that say, "you're outta your mind, I never quit....I love bb!!"   Yeah, and for every 10 guys that stuck with it there'll be 10,000,000 that didn't.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 06:04:40 PM »
The imaginary lat syndrome's usually accompanied by the corollary, the arms-too-ponderous-to move-normally complex. Both are for life, regardless of actual size. ::)

Both related to the embarassing sprayed-on T-shirt effect.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 10:03:46 PM »

Do you know for how long he is in that strict regime? NO.Do you know for how long he trains? NO.
I can go on and on.I agree that ILS and all of that is lame,but laughing at him for being strict is just plain stupid.Not everyone can gain fast and natural,but at least he trys.

Your point was "im juicing and slacking on my diet and stuff and im bigger haha" lame point of view.

My point is ,you obviously are a retard...so why bother with you.... ::)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 12:28:56 AM »

Do you know for how long he is in that strict regime? NO.Do you know for how long he trains? NO.
I can go on and on.I agree that ILS and all of that is lame,but laughing at him for being strict is just plain stupid.Not everyone can gain fast and natural,but at least he trys.

Your point was "im juicing and slacking on my diet and stuff and im bigger haha" lame point of view.

My point is ,you obviously are a retard...so why bother with you.... ::)
i bet you match Sarcasm description perfectly  :-\

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 01:10:32 AM »

Yes he's extremely bittered now haha.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 01:24:58 AM »

sarcasm that is a stupid statement.seriously...We all know that the eating right and the plenty of water thing,along with heavy training,is the way to go to get big,so what is he doing wrong?? What do you mean why bother??? wtf...you say you are 230,well if that is true then you were once 185.You did not get to 230 by saying f**k it,why bother eating right because I am only 185.You are very entertaining,but you make yourself  sound like a real idiot sometimes.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 01:34:38 AM »

If you had any kind of reading ability you would have noticed that I said I hate those ILS guys too etc.
But laughing at him for being strict is plain stupid,especialy coming from a self proclaimed beast.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2006, 01:48:51 AM »
Yes, bb jackasses are a dime a dozen.   These guys that consume insane amounts of food are ridiculous.   I'm sorry, but when you leave your teens and 20s your life focus shifts.   When you're 20-24 and goin balls out in every facet of the bb lifestyle you think this will never end....you say to yourself, "shit, I'll be doin this when I'm 60!!"  I did and it simply didn't last.   Unless you have insane genetics for bb you don't need to live your life that way.  If you choose to then more power to you, but bb is a lonely, ultimately unfulfilling lifestyle.   I believe completely stayin active, weight training, keepin lean, eating right, etc....but the bb lifestyle is a different animal.   For most avid lifters it's merely a phase in their life....reality always sets in.   Of course there will be 10 guys that are 30-50 that say, "you're outta your mind, I never quit....I love bb!!"   Yeah, and for every 10 guys that stuck with it there'll be 10,000,000 that didn't.

This is a  good post. Very True ..I am 32, 5 '11 AND  My weight fluctuates between 190 and 210 lbs and I try to stay in good shape and be reasonably strong compared to the average dude...but long gone are the days when I have ANY desire to be anywhere near 250 lbs.It just isn't worth it to me.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 01:53:56 PM »
some BB I know do act like complete ass clowns
Get Big, or Die Trying

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 02:02:14 PM »

LOL...IS IT ME, OR IS IT JUST THAT MOST BALLY'S THAT I VISITED HAVE NO MORE THAN 80 OR 90LBS DUMBELLS, THE MOST I EVER SEEN AT A BALLY'S WAS 110LBS DUMBELLS. I KNOW WHY GOLD'S GYM WILL ALWAYS BE MY PLACE TO GET SWOLLEN... ;D ;D

I train at Bally and most of the ones I've seen (at least, here in Florida) have 100-lb dumbbells. The one where I've been training for the past few months has 105s. But, it's those blasted rubber-coated Ivanko types, which are a pain to balance.

The one in my hometown used to have 120s; but when it closed down, they got transferred to another Bally in a neighboring city. One of them broke and the folks there never bothered to get it fixed.

The heaviest dumbbells I've ever seen at any Bally fitness center have been 140s.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 02:11:56 PM »
This dude at my gym was doing shoulders today, and yesterday he was doing chest..and on both days he did bicepts.. i was thinking does he know that he can work out his legs and back...but he was soo roided out and obnoxiously laughing to himself while on the bluetooth..so old dude looked at him and said..."I want to drop a 45 on his head"  that made me laugh...

All the while the Ballys rep is walking around with these fat black girls and their like ...ewwwwww look at him .... i hate ballys i want to die ..in december I shall be free at last, thank God almight I am free at last!!!

Do you have the "Premier Plus" membership? I got that for Christmas back in 1991. My parents paid off the contract in '94, and I took over the renewal payments, which started at $69/year. I kept that until 2000.

I recently renewed my membership. Apparently, Bally had been trying to contact me for several years. Their offer allegedly expired in 2003. But, they hooked me up anyway in 2005.  Two hundred dollars covers me for two years, with all my old privileges restored. I can train at any Bally anywhere in the country.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 11:46:48 PM »
Do you have the "Premier Plus" membership? I got that for Christmas back in 1991. My parents paid off the contract in '94, and I took over the renewal payments, which started at $69/year. I kept that until 2000.

I recently renewed my membership. Apparently, Bally had been trying to contact me for several years. Their offer allegedly expired in 2003. But, they hooked me up anyway in 2005.  Two hundred dollars covers me for two years, with all my old privileges restored. I can train at any Bally anywhere in the country.

Just buy a Total Gym from t.v and you won't need to go to Bally's ever again.

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2006, 12:20:37 AM »
It's funny.Coleman or Cutler planout,And pre-pack there food.They're smart,awsome,THE MAN!!!But this kid dose the same exact thing they do.That alot of us do.And it's lets crack on the kid time.W T F? He's young,entusiastic,And sounds like a naty.At least he's laying a solid foundation down.Of diet,And training early on.Instead of getting his piss hot,And sticking a pin in his ass right out the gate.
give in to the darkside

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2006, 12:36:57 AM »
It's funny.Coleman or Cutler planout,And pre-pack there food.They're smart,awsome,THE MAN!!!But this kid dose the same exact thing they do.That alot of us do.And it's lets crack on the kid time.W T F? He's young,entusiastic,And sounds like a naty.At least he's laying a solid foundation down.Of diet,And training early on.Instead of getting his piss hot,And sticking a pin in his ass right out the gate.

you must consider the source (sarcasm)

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2006, 01:13:24 AM »
what i dont understand is why so many here train at balleys in the first place?????????
i dont think if i did id go out of my way to say so on getbig.com??????????

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2006, 03:54:17 PM »
95 % of the trainers at Bally's suffer from severe imaginary lat syndrome plus the gallon of water, almost touching the wall as they walk.....

Yet you heard them all the time telling clients that It's all genetics" when talikng about themselves......

Pathetic.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »
saw something today that made me laugh to myself, we've got a new "trainer" at our gym, 5'10" 185lbs. shaved head, competition tan, walks with the worst case of imaginary lat syndrome i've ever seen, huge gym bag slung over the shoulders, gallon of water,5lb. container of whey protein, the days meals all packed, he was walking with his huge bag of food to the microwave and i said, "damn dude you've got enough food to feed an army" now mind you that this kid is about a buck eighty five, so he says, "yeah....you've gotta eat to grow" hahahahaha, are you f.ucking kidding me? i said, "yeah....i know what you mean" i asked him later if he had a tribal tattoo on his arm so he pulls up the sleeve on his massive 15 inch right bicep and says, "yep", no wonder normal people think bb'ers are such jackasses.

guess what this is the same height and weight that Zane competed and won the Olympia at.  It's about shape not weight.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2006, 01:43:11 AM »
Just buy a Total Gym from t.v and you won't need to go to Bally's ever again.

I'd revert to a riggety bench with narrow uprights and cement weights (like the ones I had when I was 16), first.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2006, 03:43:26 AM »
I'd revert to a riggety bench with narrow upright and cement weights (like the ones I had when I was 16), first.

hahaha I think just about everyone has had one of those cheap ass weight sets at some point in their life.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2006, 08:24:09 AM »
hahaha I think just about everyone has had one of those cheap ass weight sets at some point in their life.

Yep. I thought mine was "state of the art". My bench has a leg extention, with a range of motion that only went through the second half of the lift. It had 2 pulleys on the back with white ropes,to do some sort of exercise. You could adjust the bench to do inclines; although, I had to use a coat hangar to keep the incline part steady.

I even had dumbells bars, with the screw-on collars. Slap an 8-kg (17.6-lb) Orbatron weight on each side, spin the collars, and I could really start hangin' and bangin'

AHHHHHH!!!!! The good old days!!!

;D

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2006, 08:37:51 AM »
Yep. I thought mine was "state of the art". My bench has a leg extention, with a range of motion that only went through the second half of the lift. It had 2 pulleys on the back with white ropes,to do some sort of exercise. You could adjust the bench to do inclines; although, I had to use a coat hangar to keep the incline part steady.

I even had dumbells bars, with the screw-on collars. Slap an 8-kg (17.6-lb) Orbatron weight on each side, spin the collars, and I could really start hangin' and bangin'

AHHHHHH!!!!! The good old days!!!

;D

when i was in high school i had the weider bench (i think it was a brutal $60 at Sears) with about 130 lbs of barbells and a 20 lb. bar.  you know, the one where the rack is just where your grip should be, so you'd have to go either inside the rack or outside it, then readjust. 

i put it next to my bed in my room, so i'd do bench and curls before and after bed, every day.

brutal growth!
Deep Tissue Massage