Author Topic: Gamma-O doing great without Cook  (Read 73762 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Gamma-O doing great without Cook
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2006, 03:59:35 PM »
No, I'm straight, but I'm comfortable enough with myself that I can say he's a good looking guy and it should be obvious that he is more marketable than some other pros we see who just look like mounds of muscle.

I'm not saying that a pro needs to have all of Chris' qualities to be marketable, but what I am saying is that a few poor placings doesn't take away from the marketability he does have.

I'm just busting your balls. I actually started a "handsomest pro" thread a few weeks ago that got moved to the other board.

I agree that Cook is more marketable than, say, Ronnie - even in his Pillsbury Dough Boy mode. [If for no other reason: he's capable of speaking English.] That said, he's never done it for me personally.  Always reminds me of Popeye.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2006, 04:00:19 PM »
So, Chris got WORSE while taking Gamma-O?  And they dropped him, because their product made him suck?  
Intersting.  

Would be a real kick in the teeth if Cook comes back at his next show looking great.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2006, 04:08:52 PM »
I see a rhino as an aggressive, fearless, almost bulletproof animal that could take down anything in its way.

Really does match the athlete Rhino - www.londonisburning.com, as that guy is massive, a business monster, and his shape is sick... diced 12 weeks out.

Plus they both end in "O".  Now show em your "O" face.

Business monster? Hardly.

He steals his employers time by posting on this website every day 100 times.

That's really what a company wants to see in someone they endorse.

He doesn't even own his own computer at home.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2006, 04:15:40 PM »
No, I'm straight, but I'm comfortable enough with myself that I can say he's a good looking guy and it should be obvious that he is more marketable than some other pros we see who just look like mounds of muscle.

I'm not saying that a pro needs to have all of Chris' qualities to be marketable, but what I am saying is that a few poor placings doesn't take away from the marketability he does have.

It's funny how women don't find the same men attractive that straight men and gay men find attractive.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2006, 04:35:33 PM »
What a fcuked thing to come on here and do... If things didn't work out with chris fine but don't knife the guy in the back

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2006, 04:38:40 PM »
What a fcuked thing to come on here and do you prick... If things didn't work out with chris fine but don't knife the guy in the back

I think it's pretty safe to say that Gamma-O didn't come out of this thread smelling like roses. 
Although I do love his tough guy act. 

Business is business....gggrrrr!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2006, 04:52:14 PM »

I think it's pretty safe to say that Gamma-O didn't come out of this thread smelling like roses. 
Although I do love his tough guy act. 

Business is business....gggrrrr!

When someone named Napolitano decides they have to protect their business interests, you're lucky if you don't end up sleeping with the fishes.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »
It's funny how women don't find the same men attractive that straight men and gay men find attractive.

everyone is someone's type.  no one is everyone's type.   Chris is certainly better looking that most pro bodybuilders, but most pro bodybuilders are showing signs of acromegaly.  If Chris uses too much GH, he'll lose his good looks, too.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2006, 05:00:22 PM »
http://www.gammao.com/sponsoredathletes.asp

Nice to know that you don't let a little thing like a J/O video (or 4) prevent you from sponsoring an athlete.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2006, 05:03:54 PM »
Hey Bob,

You know Chris fairly well.  He's been off the bodybuilding.com boards for a while.  Do you know if he has been using this as time to bring up his flaws?  I know he mentioned that he was after more mass and I think that might not be the way to go b/c he could sacrifice his waist and balance overall.  He is a pretty big guy already with enough muscle IMO.  Conditioning seems to be the answer for him to get better placings.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »
Chris is still on the Gamma-O home page, btw. If they're not paying him any more, shouldn't he be able to sue them for unauthorized use of his likeness?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2006, 05:13:36 PM »
God, I can't believe I am agreeing with Vince ;D

GammaO/John... It is extremely poor business to come running to a message board, that you appear never to have posted on before, and start bad mouthing someone you were doing business with. Even if you did want to announce that you no longer signed Chris, you need only mention that...no need to start getting all into details about him being soft and lying about him coming last in every show.

I would say I will no longer purchase your products because of this, but I would never dream of purchasing the crap you produce anyway so it is fairly fruitless to say this.

Exactly CQ. There was absolutely no need to bash Chris Cook. It makes Gamma-O look very unprofessional........
HAHA, RON.....

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »

As far as Chris Cook, many women find him very attractive.

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »
As far as Chris Cook, many women find him very attractive.

Gama O  blows and so do their products     cook looks like crap right now  but not every  PRO (he is a pro) looks good 24/7

i wouldn;t use there products or sign a contract if they offered me one right now

I'll stick with the deal rich gaspari gave me and i didn;'t have to sign anything its all in good faith  and he is one hell of a guy   and i am a fucking nobody

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2006, 06:11:06 PM »
I just emailed Chris about this thread - he deserves a chance to defend himself against this nad

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2006, 06:13:29 PM »
I just emailed Chris about this thread - he deserves a chance to defend himself against this nad

I'm more interested in what he has to say about this.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »
I also agree that this post does seem somewhat unprofessional although I am not really in a position to judge given that I have done the same myself before.

http://www.chriscook.us/biostats.htm

This goes back to what I said about Chris having a marketable look - whether he wins shows or not.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
Plucked eyebrows?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »
From Cook's website:

Dedicated, focused, and grounded. These three words alone describe how I live my life. Starting at a very young age I entered competitive sports with, wrestling, football, and swimming. The long hours of practicing and dieting for wrestling got me well prepared for the future battles I would face in the competitive world of bodybuilding. Throughout my life I have been a top placing athlete, but not until I entered the Air Force and made Airman of the quarter numerous times did I begin my life long dream of becoming a competitive bodybuilder. I began bodybuilding in June of 1995 while stationed in Anchorage, Alaska at the age of 18. In October of 1996 I decided to compete in the Mr. Anchorage Body Building Championships, this is where I competed in the men’s open division and became the youngest Mr. Anchorage to ever win the title. From here I went on to compete in the Alaska State show in 1999 and won the heavy weight division.

After receiving an honorable discharge from the Air Force in 1999, I wanted to become one of the best in the sport, and I decided that California would be the best place to pursue my dreams. While working as an Aircraft Tech in San Jose, California I took a hold of the Sacramento Championships winning the Heavyweight class in 2000. This is where I was first discovered by MRM (Metabolic Response Modifiers) and picked up my first endorsement contract. Unfortunately 9/11 hit and had a huge impact on the aircraft industry and also my current job. This is when I knew I had to move to Los Angeles and make bodybuilding a priority. I started training at Gold’s Gym Venice, and this is where the first stages of my exposure began.

Moving to Venice was a huge step, especially since I had no job and was living on the hope that I could make my dreams come true. Luckily I made it work! Since moving to Venice I have captured the 2002 Contra Costa Heavyweight class title, along with the infamous 2003 USA Super Heavyweight class title. I am still endorsed by MRM supplements along with Weider “Flex Magazine” for publications. These two companies have given me so much and I owe much of my success to their support and kindness.

I truly look forward to what the future has to hold and count the days until I have the opportunity to give back to the sport what it has given me. I thank God every day for what he has handed me thus far in my life, and pray for even better days to come. I must truly thank all my friends, family, and fans for the loyal support and unconditional love. After becoming one of the youngest pros, I will again start setting new standards in the IFBB pro division.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2006, 08:08:41 PM »
i doubt this guy is even really the president of gamma-o.

if chris stopped doing those gay high reps and light weight with chick, then maybe he would come into a show dense, thick, and hard instead of flat and soft.  the results speak for themselves. 

chick and chris, both train together doing high reps, and both lack thickness and hardness.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Gamma-O President

• Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2006, 08:53:39 PM »
As the president of Gamma-O I would like to tell you all the Chris Cook Story.  Let me start by saying we pay all of our athletes and we have never been unfair to any of them.  In fact we just added Phil Baroni and Razor Rob to our stable of winners.  No one other then Chris has ever been let go.  I like Chris as a person and think he is a great guy.  I have no animosity toward him.

how is this bashing Chris?  I said this was business and I like the guy?

Gamma-O President

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2006, 08:56:25 PM »
As for MD I called Steve as did my partner to clear this whole thing up and he still to this day has not called us back since March.  Notice we pulled all our ads out.

Steve you have the number call it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2006, 10:35:59 PM »
oh i agree completely there is grounds for defamation.  obviously not worth it, as chris would look bad- crying about what ppl say on the boards? come on... -  and the firm could declare bankruptcy and change their name/owner on paper.    I was pointing out the commonly made mistake of slander/libel.  Both are instances which result in defamation.  So we're both right :) 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2006, 10:44:02 PM »
There is a lot more to this story - there has to be. First of all, it is who he says he is. I spoke to him today. To make sure, and so that there will no be malicious bashing on this thread.

He is a businessman, and has every right to run his business as he says. If there is no written contract between Chris Cook and Gamma-O, then perhaps this was a month to month deal.

However, on December 8, 2005, it was pretty apparent that there was a deal made, or so it seems, between Chris and Gamma. And in fact, a special page I received says that Chris Cook and Gamma-O have joined forces, including in print that they have signed Chris Cook a 5 year endorsement contract, and Chris has a percentage in Gamma Enterprises. It is right there, in print - so why the change now??? Did I miss something? Just wanted to know if I am not reading it correctly???

Also - a serious question regarding the special tapes that Chris Cook had made in regarding to his preparation and training. WIll those be returned anytime soon? Just respectful questions....

Oh, here is the story with the ad...

http://www.getbig.com/news/2005-04/120805cook.htm

monte45

• Getbig II
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2006, 11:37:01 PM »
CHRIS NEVER HAD A CONTRACT WITH US.  WE NEVER SIGNED HIM.  TELL HIM TO POST THE CONTRACT WITH MY SIGATURE ON IT.

http://www.gammao.com/aboutus.asp 

MY PICTURE IS ON THE SITE FOR THE GUY THAT CALLED ME A PENCIL NECK GEEK. THINK ABOUT THIS MY PRODUCT HAS 78 CLINICALS THAT PROVE IT WORKS BUT WE ALL KNOW STERIODS WORK BETTER AND THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME PRICE.  WE MARKET TO REAL PEOPLE THAT WANT TO SAFELY RAISE THERE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS NOT JUICEHEADS

CHRIS WAS NOT A GOOD FIT.
Be careful what you say....Thats if you want to sign any more "Juice Heads" to advertise your products.. which is every IFBB Pro.....