Author Topic: Gamma-O doing great without Cook  (Read 73261 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Gamma-O doing great without Cook
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »
Yeah, but how many of them were on the cover of Flex restraining the canine ferocity of two big-ass dogs with his mighty bicep development?

Those dogs could have placed higher at the ASC than Chris did.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2006, 12:42:34 PM »
Those dogs could have placed higher at the ASC than Chris did.

;D

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2006, 12:48:17 PM »
hey Mark try using your brain instead of your heart.  I like Chris to but when your trying to negotiate a contract your placing is everything.  BTW he was 16th at the Arnold and there were 16 placings.  Dead last.  Think Gatoraid would sponsor me to run a marathon if I walk the whole thing and dont place?

Think about it.  its a business

Think about this- You went public saying he took dead last in three consecutive shows. If you're so confident that you're in the right, why would you lie to bolster your reasoning for backing out of a good faith agreement? Handle your affairs as you see fit, but don't slander Chris Cook by making up placings.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2006, 12:52:50 PM »
but don't slander Chris Cook by making up placings.

Slander would be if he said it on tv or a mic.
Libel includes words on a screen, published via a medium such as getbig.

Trust me, if anyone now understands the difference, it's me ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2006, 12:59:24 PM »
THINK ABOUT THIS MY PRODUCT HAS 78 CLINICALS THAT PROVE IT WORKS
Okay, link me to the "clinicals" that "prove" it works. I think you are straight up lying. I want solid proof that it works, that it increases testosterone in healthy adult males.

Gamma-O President

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2006, 12:59:48 PM »
Hey tool anyone who is in this world who anything about bodybuilding knows anything out of top 6 is last place.  anyone know off the top of there head who took 7th in 2004 Mr.O?  how about 13th?  how about 16th?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2006, 01:03:18 PM »
Hey tool anyone who is in this world who anything about bodybuilding knows anything out of top 6 is last place.  anyone know off the top of there head who took 7th in 2004 Mr.O?  how about 13th?  how about 16th?

Cormier came in at 14th in the O ....  :'( :'( :'(
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2006, 01:14:45 PM »
Hey tool anyone who is in this world who anything about bodybuilding knows anything out of top 6 is last place.

I dig your approach to customer relations.  :D

But I'm not sure I agree. I'm sure Dugdale would soil his trunks with delight to finish 7th at the O.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2006, 01:35:20 PM »
BTW he was 16th at the Arnold and there were 16 placings.

MuscleMemory is your friend.  He came in 15th.

in other words, if you're going to make exact claims on the internet (finished dead last in 3 contests, came in 16th out of 16th), you better make sure you got your facts straight, as such things are easily checked.

btw, Gamma Oryzanol has been touted as the "next break-through supplement" for 20 years now.  I remember buying it in the late 1980s.  While it may be a great anti-oxidant, and perhaps help menopausal women having hot flashes, there is no valid scientific evidence that it has any effect on testosterone levels in healthy human males.

Gamma oryzanol is a mixture of sterols and ferulic acid esters. Despite claims that gamma oryzanol or its components increase testosterone levels, stimulate the release of endorphins, and promote the growth of lean muscle tissue, research has provided little support for these claims and has also shown gamma-oryzanol to be poorly absorbed.148 A recent nine-week, double-blind trial of 500 mg per day of gamma-oryzanol in weight lifters found no benefit compared with placebo in strength performance gains or circulating anabolic hormones.149 However, a small, double-blind trial using 30 mg per day of ferulic acid for eight weeks in trained weight lifters did find significantly more weight gain (though lean body mass was not measured) and increased strength in one of three measures compared with placebo.150

148. Wheeler KB, Garleb KA. Gamma oryzanol-plant sterol supplementation: metabolic, endocrine, and physiologic effects. Int J Sport Nutr 1991;1:170–7 [review].

149. Fry AC, Bonner E, Lewis DL, et al. The effects of gamma-oryzanol supplementation during resistance exercise training. Int J Sport Nutr 1997;7:318–29.

150. Bucci LR, Blackman G, Defoyd W, et al. Effect of ferulate on strength and body composition of weightlifters. J Appl Sport Sci Res 1990;4:110 [abstract].

Mark_Dugdale

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2006, 01:44:14 PM »
hey Mark try using your brain instead of your heart.
Your contract with Chris Cook is non of my business, you are the one who chose to clear the air in a public forum.  Actually, I did use my brain and I counted the number of guys Chris beat at the Iron Man and San Fran shows.  I guess you were speaking figuratively when you said he placed dead last at his last 3 shows.  It's cool, though.  I understand it's just business.  ;)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2006, 01:44:34 PM »
So, basically what you're saying is that your products DON'T work?!

Exact-o-mundo!
and keep moving!

Steve Blechman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2006, 02:11:43 PM »
I would like to set the record straight as far as MD's position with the Chris Cook, Gamma-O agreement.  Gamma-O and Cook negotiated and entered into an agreement and MD was not a party to that agreement.  In fact, MD never entered into an agreement with Chris Cook.  As part of the Gamma-O -- Cook agreement, Chris agreed that he would do a monthly column.  MD did publish some of Chris Cook's columns, but when Gamma-O made the decision to no longer employ Chris as their athlete, MD had no other choice but to terminate his column.  The decision to sign Chris Cook was Gamma-O's, and it was Gamma-O's decision to terminate him.  As far as John Napolitano stating that MD pulled out first, that is incorrect.  We had nothing to pull out of, again the contract was between Gamma-O and Chris Cook and once they decided to terminate, we could no longer continue the column.  I felt it was important for MD to also set the record straight.

Steve Blechman
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief, Muscular Development
President/CEO, Advanced Research Press

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2006, 02:14:44 PM »
I would like to set the record straight as far as MD's position with the Chris Cook, Gamma-O agreement.  Gamma-O and Cook negotiated and entered into an agreement and MD was not a party to that agreement.  In fact, MD never entered into an agreement with Chris Cook.  As part of the Gamma-O -- Cook agreement, Chris agreed that he would do a monthly column.  MD did publish some of Chris Cook's columns, but when Gamma-O made the decision to no longer employ Chris as their athlete, MD had no other choice but to terminate his column.  The decision to sign Chris Cook was Gamma-O's, and it was Gamma-O's decision to terminate him.  As far as John Napolitano stating that MD pulled out first, that is incorrect.  We had nothing to pull out of, again the contract was between Gamma-O and Chris Cook and once they decided to terminate, we could no longer continue the column.  I felt it was important for MD to also set the record straight.

Steve Blechman
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief, Muscular Development
President/CEO, Advanced Research Press

So, you buying Flex or what?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »
Slander would be if he said it on tv or a mic.
Libel includes words on a screen, published via a medium such as getbig.

What if a blind person used "text-to-speech" on their computer ;D
He'd hear it, so it's slander. There'd also be printed evidence so it's libel. ;D

Slander = any defamation that is spoken and heard.
Libel - any defamation that can be seen,

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »
So, you buying Flex or what?

Only from a newstand ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2006, 02:32:19 PM »
I understand you terminating Chris Cook from your company which is your right to do so however I do not think it's good form to bad-mouth him on the message boards.  The name of the thread speaks volume "Gamma-O Doing Great Without Chris Cook".  Very disrespectable.  If you were concerned about not having time for him to learn, then why hire a rookie pro???

Now, since you've posted up here, I would have to say the Gamma-O claims  have been the biggest bunch of bullshit I've heard about in all my time. 

First off, the ads are stating steroid-like result without steroids.  These same claims were made years ago when gamma oryzanol came out.  A lot of people were pissed off when nothing happenned.  It was a mess. Gamma Oryzanol is essentially rice bran oil which is popular in Japan for gernal health purposes but not for really building muscle.

As far as letters are concerned.  Any company that makes false or inaccurate claims usually receives a "cease an desist leter"   Its essentially a warning to change the advertising of the product.  If its not changed then that's where the prosecution comes in.   
A

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2006, 02:47:03 PM »

I understand you terminating Chris Cook from your company which is your right to do so however I do not think it's good form to bad-mouth him on the message boards.  The name of the thread speaks volume "Gamma-O Doing Great Without Chris Cook".  Very disrespectable.  If you were concerned about not having time for him to learn,then why hire a rookie pro??

God, I can't believe I am agreeing with Vince ;D

GammaO/John... It is extremely poor business to come running to a message board, that you appear never to have posted on before, and start bad mouthing someone you were doing business with. Even if you did want to announce that you no longer signed Chris, you need only mention that...no need to start getting all into details about him being soft and lying about him coming last in every show.

I would say I will no longer purchase your products because of this, but I would never dream of purchasing the crap you produce anyway so it is fairly fruitless to say this.

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2006, 02:50:16 PM »
i wouldn;t sign with gamma o   if they offered me a contract tomorrow   they suck and so do their products

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2006, 02:54:06 PM »
I'm not sure if Gammo-O is doing great, but they are still doing it with Chris Cook!!!!

Check this out

http://www.gammao.com/sponsoredathletes.asp

If you're going to trash your athletes and not pay them then don't use them for advertising.  This is bullshit!!!
A

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2006, 03:07:55 PM »
In fact, MD never entered into an agreement with Chris Cook.  As part of the Gamma-O -- Cook agreement, Chris agreed that he would do a monthly column.  MD did publish some of Chris Cook's columns, but when Gamma-O made the decision to no longer employ Chris as their athlete, MD had no other choice but to terminate his column.

With all due respect, Steve, what is that about?

Are you tacitly admitting that Cook's only role in your publication was for Gamma-O? If Cook's "writing" for your magazine had any intrinsic worth, what difference would it make it he was getting a check from them or not?

And keep in mind: I don't even like Chris Cook and I think Gamma-O was smart (in its rat-like survival instincts) to terminate his tubby ass.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2006, 03:12:25 PM »
I'm confused too... either Cook had good content to share with the world, and belongs on MD pages, or the column is nothing more than a way to make the GammaO ad stand out more when you hit that page.

Better question - how many more of the athletes only have columns because their companies run ads?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2006, 03:16:19 PM »
I'm confused too... either Cook had good content to share with the world, and belongs on MD pages, or the column is nothing more than a way to make the GammaO ad stand out more when you hit that page.

Better question - how many more of the athletes only have columns because their companies run ads?

A lot of companies do that for lowered advertising so don't hold Steve to this.  Its a company agreement
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2006, 03:22:34 PM »

A lot of companies do that for lowered advertising so don't hold Steve to this.  Its a company agreement

I know it's a company agreement- that is a very vague phrase which is obviously implied.

I am just curious how many athletes' columns in the mag are only there because their company has ads.  It does affect the perception by fans, about the quality of material.  If they allowed Chris to write, then dropped him when they weren't being paid to "have to" put him on the pages anymore, that kinda casts a shadow on what they thought of him.  And, if they didn't like him and let him write anyway for $, it looks like some of their content is also ad space.  Then we start to wonder just how many of the articles are force outs.  You see why I asked?

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2006, 03:24:38 PM »
I'm glad i now know about this 'gamma o' because i can warn as many people as possible not to waste their money. What a scam. Shit like this is for people that desperatley want to go on the gear but are too scared or can't find a source. Don't bother trying to bring this crap to the Uk, we don't want your snake oil.
[The bodybuilder on the 'gamma o' website looks fantasic. But his gains were from the real goodies available, not junk science nonsense like 'gamma o'. Pathetic].

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2006, 03:43:16 PM »
Okay, link me to the "clinicals" that "prove" it works. I think you are straight up lying. I want solid proof that it works, that it increases testosterone in healthy adult males.
Still waiting on a reply to this. If you are talking about the case studies link on your page that's just ridiculous. That ain't science. Gamma Oryzanol is a scam. Period. I can't believe you guys brought back this old-school scam. You could have at least been a bit creative and come up with something new.