Author Topic: Gamma-O doing great without Cook  (Read 73752 times)

JDawg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Gamma-O doing great without Cook
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 11:10:33 AM »
John O’reagan is a tool!  Why would you enlist his help?

JDawg

RHINO290

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 11:16:31 AM »
Unless there was something in his contract that specified him being paid based on placings - you're a little off on your logic here. Comparing a bodybuilder who competes and places out of the top 5 to a VP isn't quite the same. Now if Chris' contract said you will not be paid your monthly income if you compete and place out of the top 5, then so be it but I highly doubt it.

What about Chris' video footage that Gamma-O still refuses to return to Chris? Was this part of the agreement as well?

Thats true as well, I am like switzerland anymore....

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 11:21:38 AM »
Jack, can you actually handle another endorsement contract?

Or is it true you're saving for one of these....(see below)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 11:24:38 AM »
Unless there was something in his contract that specified him being paid based on placings - you're a little off on your logic here. Comparing a bodybuilder who competes and places out of the top 5 to a VP isn't quite the same. Now if Chris' contract said you will not be paid your monthly income if you compete and place out of the top 5, then so be it but I highly doubt it.

Only Mr. Napolitano - a legitimate buisnessman, I'm sure - and whoever read the contract to Chris know for sure. But don't these things usually have a "you can't show up to guest posings looking like a pale tubby beeyotch" clause somewhere?

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 11:35:09 AM »
"MD and Gamma-O never signed the deal yet"

According to the G-O Prez, there never was a contract.

If that's REALLY the case, Cook has no suit.

It's all about the contract........

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 11:36:32 AM »
Only Mr. Napolitano - a legitimate buisnessman, I'm sure - and whoever read the contract to Chris know for sure. But don't these things usually have a "you can't show up to guest posings looking like a pale tubby beeyotch" clause somewhere?
I believe the photos of Chris that were posted were BEFORE he was with Gamma-O. Also if guest posing out of shape were an issue, many bodybuilders would no longer have contracts.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 11:37:36 AM »
Also if guest posing out of shape were an issue, many bodybuilders would no longer have contracts.

You'er a photog who has been to many many NPC shows.

Can you post ONE picture where an IFBB athlete looks that bad while guest posing?

RHINO290

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »
Jack, can you actually handle another endorsement contract?

Or is it true you're saving for one of these....(see below)

I can always handle another, enough to go around....

That "RHino" in silver is cool. I should put that on a shirt.......

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 11:44:46 AM »
Not all pros can look awesome all of the time. Chris just needed some more time. I'd never actually heard of this 'gamma o'. Probably shit products being pushed by pencil necks.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 11:46:27 AM »
You'er a photog who has been to many many NPC shows.

Can you post ONE picture where an IFBB athlete looks that bad while guest posing?
I'd have to look but I'm sure I could find one.

Do I agree with pros guest posing out of shape? No, but it has nothing to do with this topic. Everyone knows a bodybuilder has an offseason and it's their choice to guest pose in that condition. It's how many of them make money.

The problem is when a bodybuilder shows up for competition looking like they are still on their offseason. Which Gamma-O is saying that Chris didn't show up in his best condition, he's no longer on their roster. Tough company - many pros should be happy their endorsement deals aren't like this.
Elevate Your Image.™

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 11:51:13 AM »
Arnold Classic - IFBB, 15th
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 10th
San Francisco Pro Invitational - IFBB, 12th

19 others placed lower than him in the Ironman
14 others placed lower than him in the SF Pro

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 11:52:17 AM »
I've seen pics of guys guestposing when fat, but they were bulking and carried a lot of muscle too.  Chris looks like he hasn't touched a weight in 8 months there.

RHINO290

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 11:52:39 AM »
I'd have to look but I'm sure I could find one.

Do I agree with pros guest posing out of shape? No, but it has nothing to do with this topic. Everyone knows a bodybuilder has an offseason and it's their choice to guest pose in that condition. It's how many of them make money.

The problem is when a bodybuilder shows up for competition looking like they are still on their offseason. Which Gamma-O is saying that Chris didn't show up in his best condition, he's no longer on their roster. Tough company - many pros should be happy their endorsement deals aren't like this.

Ummmm, I'm gonna agree with Issac on this one, hell, you would think at a certain point, you should know exactly what to do to bne in shape, I do. And I would never step onstage out of shape/for a show, I'm not even confortable at guest posing, being to far out.

If you are lucky enough to get paid to do what you love, you should work your hardest to be the best, and companies should/could demand that.

I personally think he has always been overated, but thats just my opinion.

RHINO290

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 11:53:30 AM »

19 others placed lower than him in the Ironman
14 others placed lower than him in the SF Pro

Yes, but I'll bet NONE of them had contracts...with anyone.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 11:55:12 AM »
Ummmm, I'm gonna agree with Issac on this one, hell, you would think at a certain point, you should know exactly what to do to bne in shape, I do. And I would never step onstage out of shape/for a show, I'm not even confortable at guest posing, being to far out.

If you are lucky enough to get paid to do what you love, you should work your hardest to be the best, and companies should/could demand that.

Amen brother. The fans deserve better, as do the promoters. Let's be honest, no one shows up to see an out of shape bber.
HAHA, RON.....

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 11:58:16 AM »
Imagine leasing a porshe for a car show and when its the day of the show it comes to you with Fast Food garbage in the interior and Brid shit all over ... Id be mad too...

I dont know what was on his contract perse, I myself am quite versed in Contracts Law..but im not going to get into where I went to school..never the less as employers they should value thier endorsements as assests, for as they depriciate in value so does the value of advertising power that representative has in the market they are targeting. With that said, I am not surprised if Gamma O would have stipulations granting the company that liberty of letting the athlete go because of failure to place in Pro Shows..
L

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 12:03:09 PM »

On his PBW episode, Cook made himself sound like the hardest worker out there. Based on the picture, I don't see how that could be true - no matter how inept his preparation was.

He's completely over-rated. Let's not forget the Krakatoa of booing that erupted when he was awarded first at the Nationals.

RHINO290

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 12:05:02 PM »
Imagine leasing a porshe for a car show and when its the day of the show it comes to you with Fast Food garbage in the interior and Brid shit all over ... Id be mad too...

I dont know what was on his contract perse, I myself am quite versed in Contracts Law..but im not going to get into where I went to school..never the less as employers they should value thier endorsements as assests, for as they depriciate in value so does the value of advertising power that representative has in the market they are targeting. With that said, I am not surprised if Gamma O would have stipulations granting the company that liberty of letting the athlete go because of failure to place in Pro Shows..

exactly, it's just common sense, you get paid to look great, if you don't then they will find someone who does. It's that fucking simple.

Pay me big money, see how much better I get, with each dollar. You could bet your booty, I'm not gonna fuck that up.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »
Yes, but I'll bet NONE of them had contracts...with anyone.
Derik Farnsworth
Elevate Your Image.™

RHINO290

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 12:13:43 PM »
Derik Farnsworth

okay, I wa wrong, but man, I was close. thats one.

Gamma-O President

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2006, 12:19:22 PM »
CHRIS NEVER HAD A CONTRACT WITH US.  WE NEVER SIGNED HIM.  TELL HIM TO POST THE CONTRACT WITH MY SIGATURE ON IT.

http://www.gammao.com/aboutus.asp  

MY PICTURE IS ON THE SITE FOR THE GUY THAT CALLED ME A PENCIL NECK GEEK. THINK ABOUT THIS MY PRODUCT HAS 78 CLINICALS THAT PROVE IT WORKS BUT WE ALL KNOW STERIODS WORK BETTER AND THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME PRICE.  WE MARKET TO REAL PEOPLE THAT WANT TO SAFELY RAISE THERE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS NOT JUICEHEADS.

CHRIS WAS NOT A GOOD FIT.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »
okay, I wa wrong, but man, I was close. thats one.

actually, if you use a scale and employ the earth's gravitational pull, Derik F. is only considered to be 1/2 of a person. HTH.

Mark_Dugdale

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2006, 12:22:20 PM »
During the course of negotiating he came in dead last 3 shows in a row including the Arnold.
Ummm... I think Chris beat 19 guys at the Ironman and 14 at the San Fran.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2006, 12:31:53 PM »
Ummm... I think Chris beat 19 guys at the Ironman and 14 at the San Fran.

Yeah, but how many of them were on the cover of Flex restraining the canine ferocity of two big-ass dogs with his mighty bicep development?

Gamma-O President

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »
hey Mark try using your brain instead of your heart.  I like Chris to but when your trying to negotiate a contract your placing is everything.  BTW he was 16th at the Arnold and there were 16 placings.  Dead last.  Think Gatoraid would sponsor me to run a marathon if I walk the whole thing and dont place?

Think about it.  its a business