Author Topic: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?  (Read 56595 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: 1997 Mr. Olympia.....Dorian wins?
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 08:52:50 AM »
Oh no!You guys will build another loooooooooooong millions light years of thread? :o
Enough of Dorian.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »
ND, you defend Dorian to the death.  He had two good years.  In 1995, although in shape, his arms sucked and his waist was getting that blocky look.  Moreover, his legs could not hold a candle to Ronnie, not even Jay.  Face it ND, the sport has moved forward.  Yates will be looked at like Dickerson is now in ten more years.  Hell, Ronnie will likely be considered "average" size.  Unless the powers that be wake up and realize that unless healthier looking athletes are going to draw more fans in, then the sport is doomed to size at all costs.  Ronnie dwarfs Dorian and is more vascular and cut to boot.  I know you hate his gut, but Dorian had as egregious a gut easily.  Moreover, his legs, arms and chest were no match to Ronnie.  From the front, side and even back it is not very competitive if you would open your eyes.  You always use the records against one another.  Well, when Dorian came back to Momo he didn't magically put on twenty pounds of muscle.  He refined it and gained maybe 5-7 pounds max.  Ronnie from 1997 to 1998 is not even close.  He would have hurt your boy and continued to do so, if Dorian would have stuck around.  That is a fact.  Now, if you would argue 1993 Dorian then we are talking about a good show.  Regardless, Ronnie has taken size to a new dimension.  In ten years, there will be guys who make Ruhl and Ronnie look average.  For instance, imagine if teh powerlifter Pud (the Polish dude) took up bodybuilding seriously.

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 12:35:05 PM »

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 12:41:54 PM »

yates- "this is as close as you will ever get to a sandow".

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 12:45:52 PM »
ND, you defend Dorian to the death.  He had two good years.  In 1995, although in shape, his arms sucked and his waist was getting that blocky look.  Moreover, his legs could not hold a candle to Ronnie, not even Jay.  Face it ND, the sport has moved forward.  Yates will be looked at like Dickerson is now in ten more years.  Hell, Ronnie will likely be considered "average" size.  Unless the powers that be wake up and realize that unless healthier looking athletes are going to draw more fans in, then the sport is doomed to size at all costs.  Ronnie dwarfs Dorian and is more vascular and cut to boot.  I know you hate his gut, but Dorian had as egregious a gut easily.  Moreover, his legs, arms and chest were no match to Ronnie.  From the front, side and even back it is not very competitive if you would open your eyes.  You always use the records against one another.  Well, when Dorian came back to Momo he didn't magically put on twenty pounds of muscle.  He refined it and gained maybe 5-7 pounds max.  Ronnie from 1997 to 1998 is not even close.  He would have hurt your boy and continued to do so, if Dorian would have stuck around.  That is a fact.  Now, if you would argue 1993 Dorian then we are talking about a good show.  Regardless, Ronnie has taken size to a new dimension.  In ten years, there will be guys who make Ruhl and Ronnie look average.  For instance, imagine if teh powerlifter Pud (the Polish dude) took up bodybuilding seriously.

This is your quote
No, I don't want this to be another Ronnie versus Dorian thread
and its exactly what you've turned it into  ;)

When Dorian lost to Momo he was 228lbs and when Dorian beat him at the 1992 Mr Olympia he was 242lbs that my friend is a 14 pound weight gain. just a tad bigger than your ' 5-7 pound max '  ;)

Maybe the sport has ' prgogressed ' but Ronnie certainly hasn't especially not compared to 98/99/01  ;)

And 1995 Dorian oblitorated the competition the same way he did in 93 and look at this pic and tell me if Dorian's arms suck or if his waist was blocky .b ;)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 01:10:59 PM »
Nice pic, now show one where he is doing a front double bicep.  Better yet, a standing relaxed pose.  Francois is bigger.  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 01:18:01 PM »
Nice pic, now show one where he is doing a front double bicep.  Better yet, a standing relaxed pose.  Francois is bigger.  ;D

Francios may have been bigger but was better? not in seventh place he wasn't  ;)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 01:21:33 PM »

Wrong. This will never happen. You're forgetting that there is a limit, to Human growth, which cannot be surpassed: the bone girth. For instance, there are no amount of anabolics that would make Ronnie weight 400 lbs ripped. Why? Because his bones can't take it. Guys won't become much bigger than they are today, and there's no amount of trenbolone and IGF-1 that can change that. For guys to become bigger thn Ronnie, they'd have to have larger bones. Larger bones men less impressive muscle bellies. So, guys will be just as big, 20 years from now, as they are today, IF guys with small joints continue to dominate the pro ranks. How pathetic...an M.D should know better.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006, 01:22:33 PM »
Here is a shot from the Mr. Olympia 1996; a year you feel he looked good.  ::)  Let's see, thighs overwhelmed by his calves.  No cuts whatsoever in his thighs.  He also has a gut, my oh my.  ;)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »
  Wrong. This will never happen. You're forgetting that there is a limit, to Human growth, which cannot be surpassed: the bone girth. For instance, there are no amount of anabolics that would make Ronnie weight 400 lbs ripped. Why? Because his bones can't take it. Guys won't become much bigger than they are today, and there's no amount of trenbolone and IGF-1 that can change that. For guys to become bigger thn Ronnie, they'd have to have larger bones. Larger bones men less impressive muscle bellies. So, guys will be just as big, 20 years from now, as they are today, IF guys with small joints continue to dominate the pro ranks. How pathetic...an M.D ::) should know better.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Sucky, I am confused.  Where did I ever say in my original post that Ronnie would be 400 pounds.  Quote me again and prove it.  I am simply stating that there will be guys (maybe they will be Gunter's height...maybe Gunter  ;)) who will be larger and bigger than Ronnie.  If Ronnie is 30 pounds heavier than Dorian, why don't you believe with technology, drugs, diet, etc that there won't be a 330 pound dude who would dwarf Ronnie.  That would be a 40 pound size advantage.  It could happen, Kovacs may have done it if he wouldn't have gotten GH'ed out.  The man was 400 pounds and hard; you have admitted such yourself.  Now, will they look good?  That is another question.  I guess we will have to see what the judges at that time want. I think you need to rethink your ideas of the limitations of the human body.  Who would have ever thought that a bodybuilder could weight almost 300 lbs on stage ripped twenty years ago.  :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006, 01:31:19 PM »
Here is a shot from the Mr. Olympia 1996; a year you feel he looked good.  ::)  Let's see, thighs overwhelmed by his calves.  No cuts whatsoever in his thighs.  He also has a gut, my oh my.  ;)

You're pulling a Hulkster he's not even posing and that gut is about as big as Colemans at 245lbs  ;) oh and can you see cuts in his quads now?  ;)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2006, 01:32:44 PM »
Not really,   ;D

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2006, 01:33:32 PM »
Does that mean when you show Coleman offstage with a gut you are pulling a ND.  ;D  At least my pic was from the stage.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2006, 01:37:41 PM »

his back is facing the crowd ala rear lat or back dbl bi. obviously waiting to hit the shot, of course he is not flexing the quads.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 01:38:46 PM »
Does that mean when you show Coleman offstage with a gut you are pulling a ND.  ;D  At least my pic was from the stage.

Is this offstage?  ;)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 01:46:45 PM »
Hah, so they both had distended guts.  Isn't that what we have been saying for the last six months.  My question is this, you harp on Ronnie's lack of control of his gut, why not Dorian.  Hell, I have seen pics of Dex where his gut is distended, but it is in a transition from one flexed shot to another.  Thus, I feel your posts reek of inequality.  Ronnie may not have a Haneyesque waist, but Dorian did not either.  Thus, my curiousity about why you love Dorian.  He is not really a classic iron ager except for his brutally tough workouts...I seem to recall that Ronnie works out pretty hard in the gym also.  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »

look at the shape of his abs under his pecs - that towel is hiding a monster convex gut.

Furthermore, if that pic is from 1995, that means it was post tear.  So why does dorian have a great looking left arm in that shot? particularly the biceps.

Not sure where that pic is from, but his biceps never looked like that post tear.  That pic must be morphed.

his post tear arm, even when FLEXED looks like this:

look how small and short the torn bi is. there is no way that the shot posted of the torn bi looking better than Arnold's is legit.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2006, 01:53:40 PM »

ugh.

ND loves to poke fun at Ronnie's 2001 AC gut and midsection, well here it is. And it is tiny compared to Yates.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2006, 02:02:08 PM »
Hah, so they both had distended guts.  Isn't that what we have been saying for the last six months.  My question is this, you harp on Ronnie's lack of control of his gut, why not Dorian.  Hell, I have seen pics of Dex where his gut is distended, but it is in a transition from one flexed shot to another.  Thus, I feel your posts reek of inequality.  Ronnie may not have a Haneyesque waist, but Dorian did not either.  Thus, my curiousity about why you love Dorian.  He is not really a classic iron ager except for his brutally tough workouts...I seem to recall that Ronnie works out pretty hard in the gym also.  ;)

Dorian is 255lbs in that pic and Ronnie is almost 10lbs lighter with the same size gut , the difference is Dorian never had a Haneyesque waist & hips but Ronnie did and he ruined that , I remember the day Muscle & Fitness came out in 94 with the coverage of the 93 Olympia I was looking at the pics shaking my head saying " How the fuck could he win with such a wide waist and thick obliques " especially when you look at Flex Wheeler  , so I've been bitching about Yates' gut for a long time now and he's never showed distenstion on Colemans level

And I'm not particulaly fond of Dorian's phsyique the general consensus was the IronAge died when Haney retired and Yates took over , I admire Dorian's size & conditioning and his work ethtic but I would never want to look like him , I think the whole sport of bodybuilding would have been better if Flex became Mr Olympia in 1993 but he didn't so I tend to comment on what took place not what I wanted to take place .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2006, 02:03:27 PM »
You're pulling a Hulkster he's not even posing and that gut is about as big as Colemans at 245lbs  ;) oh and can you see cuts in his quads now?  ;)

yes I can - and they SUCK compared to a pro who has good quads:

ND's biggest asset to his love of Dorian is that he always posts pics of him standing alone. Its when we compare him to others that he comes up short in a lot of key areas.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2006, 02:07:50 PM »

I can't belive how bad dorian's waist is in the 97 show. In order for Ronnie to look that bad, he has to outweigh Yates by 50 pounds! (270 vs 320) and not even be in contest shape yet..

Puts it into a whole different perspective..
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2006, 02:12:43 PM »

look at the shape of his abs under his pecs - that towel is hiding a monster convex gut.

Furthermore, if that pic is from 1995, that means it was post tear.  So why does dorian have a great looking left arm in that shot? particularly the biceps.

Not sure where that pic is from, but his biceps never looked like that post tear.  That pic must be morphed.

his post tear arm, even when FLEXED looks like this:

look how small and short the torn bi is. there is no way that the shot posted of the torn bi looking better than Arnold's is legit.

One the pic is NOT morphed its a scan from a Flex magazine's coverage of the 1995 Mr Olympia and Dorian did have a wide waist and thick obliques but distention on Coleman's level I don't think so here is another from the 95 Olympia find me the Coleman-type distension.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »
yes I can - and they SUCK compared to a pro who has good quads:

ND's biggest asset to his love of Dorian is that he always posts pics of him standing alone. Its when we compare him to others that he comes up short in a lot of key areas.

Good quads bloated and weak calves what a combo lol but Ronnie did look great in 99.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2006, 02:16:53 PM »

the distension isn't what makes the midsection look amazingly wide. Its the genetically wide waist combined with the massive obliques hanging over the trunks... (see dorian's right hip)

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »

the distension isn't what makes the midsection look amazingly wide. Its the genetically wide waist combined with the massive obliques hanging over the trunks... (see dorian's right hip)

News Flash : This just in :Wide waist & Thick oblqiues make Dorian's midsection look amazingly wide lol you had to think of that one? no fucking shit thick obliques and a naturaly wide waist will make a bodybuilders midsection look amazingly wide lol