Author Topic: Lee couple of Q's  (Read 16913 times)

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
Lee couple of Q's
« on: June 26, 2006, 03:27:46 AM »
Just curious about a few things.  You are by far one of my favorites, and have read in several issue's of MD the you race and do quite well.  Just wondering what you drive for a Daily driver, and what is your all time dream ride?

Here is a link to my daily driver when I am home long enough to drive her...(In iraq with out troops).....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/779896

She is fun to drive and get's some attention, but not a much as your's I would say!! 8)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: Lee couple of Q's
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 06:28:46 AM »
Just curious about a few things.  You are by far one of my favorites, and have read in several issue's of MD the you race and do quite well.  Just wondering what you drive for a Daily driver, and what is your all time dream ride?

Here is a link to my daily driver when I am home long enough to drive her...(In iraq with out troops).....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/779896

She is fun to drive and get's some attention, but not a much as your's I would say!! 8)

Nice car i almost broguht a black one just like that.I drive a GT 2006 mustang 550hp.Stay safe when you return to Iraq.

Take care
Lee

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 07:11:58 AM »
Hey you stole my Car! haha..No but it seems you bought my old car!

LEE, is that the GT500?? How did you get your hands on one! I hear the adjust market value price is like $95000??? Beautifu; car man.. Just a FYI, did you see the adj marke tprice for the C6 ZO6?  Click here!

Adjusted sticker.. >:(

I had a 98 TA,

LS6 cam,
LS6 heads,
Borla catback,
EIbach springs,
Bilstein shocks..

It was an animal. DYnoed 330RWHP with that mild set up (mild cam, restrictive stock manifold) BUt it ran perfctly.

Get home man and drive that thing! I wish I never sold mine!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 07:13:54 AM »
550hp!?!? does it come like that?

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 07:17:36 AM »
Lee if you have the GT500, here are some recent track times that a local Evan Smith (very popular magazine test driver for fords and gms) belted out.

Evan Smith ran the following:

12.74 at 111 with a hot car

12.42 at 115.7 powershift 2nd and spinning thru 3rd with a 2.14 60 foot

12.554 at 115.32 speedshifting 2nd with a 2.13 60 foot

12.257 at 117.18 powershift 2nd with a 2.11 60 foot

12.37 at 116.52

12.61 and 12.68 with traction control on

Fast car.
Yes Gibber, this is the GT500 Mustang, goes up against the C6.

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »
Nice car i almost broguht a black one just like that.I drive a GT 2006 mustang 550hp.Stay safe when you return to Iraq.

Take care
Lee

Thank's,  Though I dont have 550rwhp yet, I am working on it.  And believe me man, coming home safe is #1 thing for me.

You should have gotten the Black one, the GT 500 still doesnt hold up against that Z06 Vette....LOL ;D

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 06:28:52 AM »
No mine is the Gt just added a pro charger supercharger,new headers exhaust,predator chip,new gearing,coolers,so i get more HP then the GT 500  for less price mine total around 38,000.Getting suspension done soon AND NEW TIRES anything under 55mph and i punch it it just breaks loose big time.

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM »
No mine is the Gt just added a pro charger supercharger,new headers exhaust,predator chip,new gearing,coolers,so i get more HP then the GT 500  for less price mine total around 38,000.Getting suspension done soon AND NEW TIRES anything under 55mph and i punch it it just breaks loose big time.

Yeah I got headers and an Air Lid.  3 in True Dual exhaust(No cats).  Though I am only throwing down 333rwhp, and 347 Tq, I still have a lil ways to go....I am adding an LS6 intake, also a 235/240 cam on a 112 LSA, gotta have that choppy Idle....(This should net me 50rwhp without Tune) 8) ;D  Also looking at some Sub Frame Connector's to help with traction....I thought about going FI(Forced Induction for those not into cars to much) but I want that old school sound first.....

As for tires man, Nitto has some pretty nice and aggressive tires, I know they recently released a Street/Road racing tire.....Might want to check that out.... I think the web page it  WWW.Nittotire.com (Double checking now, yeah it is)....check this out, direct link http://www.nittotire.com/lifestyle_domestic.asp

That should have ya busy for a few anyway....Nitto's are good tires...Especially there DR's when they are warm...Buddy of mine has them on his car, and he dead hooks everytime....Well I think I rambled on enough for now...Enjoy man...

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 01:21:11 PM »
I have NITTO but mine are crap.Prbaly the cheap ones the dealer puts on.Don't even mention how they are in the wet its a ride :)

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 06:13:24 AM »
I have NITTO but mine are crap.Prbaly the cheap ones the dealer puts on.Don't even mention how they are in the wet its a ride :)

Yeah that is the down side to Drag Radials.....Rain and its like ya said....it's a ride :o....I guess you should ease on the gas, and not just lay her down!!  LMAO  JK man, somethings are just hard NOT to do....I try to be good in my car, but once in a while I lose control and run her for 3-5 miles and get up to 140ish and hold on for a minute or two and then let off :o...but i am usually the only one in the car when i do it....Cant see putting anyone else at risk except for myself.(and before anyone can say shit, I make sure I am the only car on the road when I do it)

Hopefully one day when I have the chance I will get out to the 1/4, Not times on it yet, but I have some fair times in the 1/8 on shitty launches....running roughly 9 flat most the time....Not launching at any significant RPM's just off Idle....

But I am curious on what yer car looks like.....and what the under side of your hood looks like as well.....TTYL  Oh yeah before I forget again, Congrats on getting with the PDI, glad to see someone had the ballz to let you guys do what ya want, with whom ya want....

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 08:05:15 AM »
POPO

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 08:06:29 AM »
MD had some pics when i got the work done.And it's white with blue stripes.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 12:09:26 PM »
Lee, what kind of street tires do u recommend?  I use to have a 1993 anniversary editon vette, I went through a dozen of different tires.  the ones I preferred best were Bridgestone and Perrelli.  I thought Goodyear were crap.  Wore out too easily.  What do u think of Yokohama, had any expierence with them?   

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »
I had Yokohama on my lightning truck which i road raced.They were very good.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 06:50:07 PM »

Sounds bad ass.!!!

If I had a new GT, It would have the ELeanor body kit the moment I drove it home...That is BAD ASS..

Lee do you like the HOldens?? Thats GT0 here in US. Im thinking about getting a 2005 GTO (ls2) or a EVO IX... cant decide because I love the GTO interior, the LS2- then you have the Race bred EVO, AWD, 4 doors, etc..

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 08:14:12 PM »
Sounds bad ass.!!!

If I had a new GT, It would have the ELeanor body kit the moment I drove it home...That is BAD ASS..

Lee do you like the HOldens?? Thats GT0 here in US. Im thinking about getting a 2005 GTO (ls2) or a EVO IX... cant decide because I love the GTO interior, the LS2- then you have the Race bred EVO, AWD, 4 doors, etc..

Yes i like Holdens.And yes i am probaly getting the Eleanor kit for the GT

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 04:28:03 AM »
Lee what does someone have to do to get a POPO car? can i just ask a cop? Here they use Impalas in the the city Crown Vics.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 07:37:20 AM »
Just go to a goverment auction

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 07:52:20 AM »
depends. Lee's only had 80K. Anyone know of an auction like this in the Rochester area?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 09:28:26 AM »
drive hard? well i wanna know about these auctions. i only know of one but they never have nice cars.

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 10:52:33 PM »
Yeah I like the GTO as well...I dont think GM gave it enough time to really catch on....BUt the styling could have been a bit different.  It really looks like an over sized Cavalier.

Lee you are going to have to keep me posted on your car's pics.  When is MD going to publish them?  Not that is should matter, I buy every issue that we get here in Baghdad or Balad.  LOL  If I can ever manage(Maybe in Jan after I move to Texas) I will have to post up some updated stats and pics of my car.  Also have you taken your stang down the 1/4 yet?  If so what times ya running?  LMAO

For the guy asking about the POPO cars....Just about any precinct should have something posted, or you have top pay a fee to get on the invite list, unless it's a state auction....Just best to have money in hand and ready for paper work.....

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 07:25:41 AM »
When you move to Texas come to Austin and say hi.I don't take the mustang down the 1/4 mile.I race a dragster down that and the mustang althought fast just wouldn't compare :)

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 09:30:58 AM »
When you move to Texas come to Austin and say hi.I don't take the mustang down the 1/4 mile.I race a dragster down that and the mustang althought fast just wouldn't compare :)
Well it wont be until December.  I was let go from KBR last week, but was very fortunate to be picked up by another contracting company, so I never had to leave Iraq(And for some reason I am happy about this?  LOL)  Anyway, thye pay better,  BUT hell yeah I will stop in and say heah, if weather is fair enough I will bring my car.....Thanks for the invite...will shoot ya a message as soon as I know when!!

Even though you drag pro, it shouldnt be anyless fun to see what she can do...My buddy just went 12.3(I know slow to your 6-8 second passes) in his Black WS6.....He pretty much has the same mods as I do, except he has, Electric cut out, drag radials and the Textralia clutch.....He is a dayum good driver...

Have a good one....I gotta get some sleep...was a long day today...

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 10:25:12 PM »
Just read your colum in MD.  That is funny, the guy that got to train with you got sick.  I have pushed almost to the point, but I odnt htink I ever have puked......How do I get a chance to work out with ya man...LOL  I'll make ya a bet, if I dont puke then just the chance to work out with ya is good enough for me, but if I do....Then I buy lunch where ever you want to eat?

Also, is that a pending suspension from the IFBB or are they just saying, if you do this, then we will do this?  What is your plan of action on this.   You have pointed out that several females are par-taking in things that violate the bi laws yet there is no reprimand on them.....

Ya gonna fight it, or just roll with the punches?  Knowing the way you are, you are going to fight it.  And on that note....Good luck with PDI they sound like they are on a good foot thus far with letting BB's pose in anya event they wish with out all the Bullshit.....

Neil

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 06:01:34 AM »
Just read your colum in MD.  That is funny, the guy that got to train with you got sick.  I have pushed almost to the point, but I odnt htink I ever have puked......How do I get a chance to work out with ya man...LOL  I'll make ya a bet, if I dont puke then just the chance to work out with ya is good enough for me, but if I do....Then I buy lunch where ever you want to eat?

Also, is that a pending suspension from the IFBB or are they just saying, if you do this, then we will do this?  What is your plan of action on this.   You have pointed out that several females are par-taking in things that violate the bi laws yet there is no reprimand on them.....

Ya gonna fight it, or just roll with the punches?  Knowing the way you are, you are going to fight it.  And on that note....Good luck with PDI they sound like they are on a good foot thus far with letting BB's pose in anya event they wish with out all the Bullshit.....

Neil

Oh in that case i will make you puke.mmmmm will i fight it ....... we will see.As the IFBB and others always monitor these boards and post under fake names .Yep the little pawns of the IFBB come on here just to see who is saying what.