Author Topic: PBW: Jose Canseco & Don Long (Replay Now Available)  (Read 9659 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW: Jose Canseco & Don Long (Replay Now Available)
« on: June 26, 2006, 04:13:59 PM »
Programming Update

"Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" featuring guests Jose Canseco and Don Long is now available for replay on-demand (original air date was July 10th)

Next week (July 17th) the radio voice of pro bodybuilding welcomes Milos Sarcev for a highly anticipated conversation with one of the sport's most intriguing personalities. 

Later in the month, the show will feature an exclusive interview with IFBB founder Ben Weider, author of the new book "Brothers of Iron". 

Broadcasting LIVE at 8pm EST (5pm pst) for a worldwide audience.  Listen at ProBodybuildingWeekly.com or Bodybuilding.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PBW Radio: Ferrigno, Milos, Ben Weider
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 04:31:35 PM »
when will manion be on the show?

it's been almost 3 months, and Bob said Jim is "dying" to do the show.

Shouldn't be *that* hard to set up a call, should it?

Stavios

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 04:39:20 PM »
manion sucks, let Milos talk

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 07:16:16 PM »
They better not suck up to Louie...  They know people will listen because he is disliked...
Motherboy (the band).

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »
just logged on.. Wanna know if there was there a show today??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 08:16:59 PM »
just logged on.. Wanna know if there was there a show today??

i fell in love with the girl at the cock rock show

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 08:37:26 PM »
In other news....we received a letter today from "The Clarke County Detention Center".  The top of the letter says "Please read the following during the next edition of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly".  -- Our next broadcast (following a 2 week break) is Monday, July 10th. 

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 08:52:43 PM »
What state is that county in?
Motherboy (the band).

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:32 PM »
when will manion be on the show?

it's been almost 3 months, and Bob said Jim is "dying" to do the show.

Shouldn't be *that* hard to set up a call, should it?

Just give it up man. Obviously, he doesn't want to be on.

On the other hand, how much is Lou charging to be on PBW?
HAHA, RON.....

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 05:53:10 AM »
What state is that county in?

Las Vegas.   

I'm guessing the letter is the latest edition of "Undercover Pro".
Ron: "I am lazy."

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 06:47:22 AM »
In other news....we received a letter today from "The Clarke County Detention Center".  The top of the letter says "Please read the following during the next edition of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly".  -- Our next broadcast (following a 2 week break) is Monday, July 10th. 

Let me guess....Titus states, "Im innocent...just wait until the facts come out"

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 08:32:18 AM »

I know what it is...  Titus is starting up another womens fitness org again. 

:D
Motherboy (the band).

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 09:31:04 AM »
Dan, don't give that creepy scumbag Weider an easy ride. We know chick will, given his love of the IFBB [i'm a chick fan and think that hes great for the sport and the athletes - but he is pretty blinkered in his love of the IFBB].

We demand to know:
1] How can he justify his immense salary when the athletes get nothing
2] Why is there no proper health plan for the athletes
3] What does he think about the PDI

If all we get is, "its an honour to speak to you sir" etc etc then you will lose all credibility. Also we don't want to hear tales about Arnie and the boys - keep it current. Bodybuilding is in a mess, and hes partly responsible. Put him on the spot. This is your big chance. Don't blow it.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 10:03:06 AM »
Dan, don't give that creepy scumbag Weider an easy ride. We know chick will, given his love of the IFBB [i'm a chick fan and think that hes great for the sport and the athletes - but he is pretty blinkered in his love of the IFBB].

We demand to know:
1] How can he justify his immense salary when the athletes get nothing
2] Why is there no proper health plan for the athletes
3] What does he think about the PDI

If all we get is, "its an honour to speak to you sir" etc etc then you will lose all credibility. Also we don't want to hear tales about Arnie and the boys - keep it current. Bodybuilding is in a mess, and hes partly responsible. Put him on the spot. This is your big chance. Don't blow it.

Agreed.  This shouldn't be a tribute to him and his work.  Stay current and on top of the concerns of today. 
Motherboy (the band).

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »
How much are you going to have to pay big Lou for coming on?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 11:05:47 AM »
Weider is smarter than you guys think he is ... the greatest trick the devil ever played was making the world believe he didnt exist....
L

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 04:10:33 PM »
Weider is smarter than you guys think he is ... the greatest trick the devil ever played was making the world believe he didnt exist....

So True. Met the guy at the Weider offices in MTL. There's no denying Joe was just a face in the industry, Ben was working the whole organization as the puppeteer before AMI came along. He's got an amazing grasp of the industry, and knows the in's and outs.
My only knock on him was his OBCESSION to get BB'ing into the olympics...lol relax man! we just only got a weekly radio show a year ago! lol...lets get on ESPN or something slooooooowly!

This guy's got enuf cash to retire and buy a small country, but the fact that he's still involved with the sport shows that this guy's for real. He's the wise old man of BB'ing! lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 04:14:09 PM »
PBBW hosts - when will Jim Manion be on the show?

I hope you guys aren't the type to make statements like:

"Jim is absolutely dying to get on the show"
"We will get Jim on the show as soon as time allows"

Then ignore questions about it.  It's been a good month since either of you have answered the question.  And since you guys USED to quickly answer that he'd be on soon, and now no response, does that mean something has changed?  No manion?  If not, why not?

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 05:19:59 PM »
PBBW hosts - when will Jim Manion be on the show?

You seem to have developed a peculiar obsession with this topic. - There are several guests who have expressed interest in appearing on "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly".  In the case of Jim Manion, he will appear when "HE" feels it makes the most sense.  In the mean time, we have confirmed a rare interview with IFBB President Ben Weider for July 24th...and upcoming appearances by Lou Ferrigno, Milos Sarcev and some other terrific guests. -- Unfortunately, you're far more interested in who is NOT yet scheduled. -- We will continue to announce our upcoming guests as they are confirmed.  You won't be disappointed...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »
You seem to have developed a peculiar obsession with this topic. - There are several guests who have expressed interest in appearing on "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly".  In the case of Jim Manion, he will appear when "HE" feels it makes the most sense.  In the mean time, we have confirmed a rare interview with IFBB President Ben Weider for July 24th...and upcoming appearances by Lou Ferrigno, Milos Sarcev and some other terrific guests. -- Unfortunately, you're far more interested in who is NOT yet scheduled. -- We will continue to announce our upcoming guests as they are confirmed.  You won't be disappointed...

I agree that is a good lineup, and I look fwd to hearing it.

I guess I just feel like your co-host Bob patronized us by saying that jim was "dying" to be on, and that you guys would have him on ASAP.   If he was indeed "dying" to be on the show, then he must have been influenced by a recent event to change his mind.  It he wasn't "dying" to be on the show, then Bob insulted our intelligence by making this statement.

You guys do a good job of keeping it real with us, so how about an answer- what changed?  Why was he "dying" to be on the show, and now he's going to wait until it makes the most sense to him?  Something changed, or Bob lied to us.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 05:46:37 PM »
Agreed - Lo Ferrigno should be very interesting, and we know that Dan will ask the most interesting question that everybody wants to know - why does Lou insist on collecting $20 from everyone when all they want to do is say hello and take a picture with him via their own cameras.

As for Milos Sarcev - he is going to be great. Milos always speaks his mind, and has had many experiences in the last few years that many people would like to hear about - such as his run ins with Shawn Ray and Steve Weinburger, his outspokeness on various topics, his ability to transform competitors into high quality physiques, and his own career of 60+ (I think) pro contests, and much more.

For Ben Weider - his obsession with Napolean, the stories of the beginnings of the IFBB and how he encountered racism, what he views of bodybuilding in this day and age, and if he hears about the criticism of the fans, the athletes, and what can we do to make bodybuilding better. Also, of course - what happened with Wayne DeMilia and Ben, since they had been friends for 25+ years.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 05:49:51 PM »
IMO, the bottom line is that it's just about being honest with your listeners.

Either the radio show is a fair, independent body- which is claims to be and which I believe it definitely is- or the radio show is influenced by politics and the IFBB.

If suddenly Jim Manion is changing his plans to appear, then unbiased hosts would let the listeners know.  This would apply a little heat to Manion, and would make it look less like your radio show was *playing ball*, helping Jim dodge those 10 tough Qs that were posted the week before he was to appear on the show.

Dan, I know you do not play ball.  I know you run an independent radio show.  But contradictions like this (especially when your co-host makes a statement that Jim is *dying* to come on, then a manion-imposed timeline suddenly appears), make it look like your show lacks integrity.

So keep it real with us :)  Speak on it!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 09:12:56 PM »
For Ben Weider - his obsession with Napolean, the stories of the beginnings of the IFBB and how he encountered racism, what he views of bodybuilding in this day and age, and if he hears about the criticism of the fans, the athletes, and what can we do to make bodybuilding better. Also, of course - what happened with Wayne DeMilia and Ben, since they had been friends for 25+ years.

It would also be interesting to hear his thoughts on the short-lived "AMI Era", soon to come to a close.
Ron: "I am lazy."

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 03:38:37 PM »
In the case of Jim Manion, he will appear when "HE" feels it makes the most sense. 

I guess he felt it "made the most sense" 3 months ago, then unfortunately caught the" flu" and thereafter
being a guest on PBW must have not made sense. Is this correct Dan?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 02:40:29 PM »
I bet Louie agreed to the interview if he only got creampuff questions thrown his way.
The House that Ruth built