Author Topic: shoulder training  (Read 1711 times)

texas8point

• Getbig I
shoulder training
« on: June 30, 2006, 08:44:29 AM »
I have been training my shoulders lightly because of the extream pain during and after. Its sharp pain like an ice pick stabbing into the joint. Working them with lighter weight helps but they are really lagging behind.
Any HELP ?

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: shoulder training
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 08:57:44 AM »
take some time off anf let the shoulder rest, then if you can do shoulders with chest because they get hit alot on chest day. do dumbbell or barbell shoulder press, lateral raises, rear lat raises, and if you want upright rows, but use strict form. i have a bad shoulder as well the doc says i may possible need surgery so im trying to avoid that at all cost

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 09:58:56 AM »
I have been training my shoulders lightly because of the extream pain during and after. Its sharp pain like an ice pick stabbing into the joint. Working them with lighter weight helps but they are really lagging behind.
Any HELP ?
It could be a nerve thats being pinched between the socket and the joint..
p

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 10:15:04 AM »
mine's acting up again..normally i can do massive shoulder presses...but this week i just hurt..so this time i'm having it checked out by a doc and getting it screened...soem weeks it's fine..some weeks it's a mean son  of a bitch  >:(

my advice would be to take a break..one week off hten the next week super light....and then back to the usual and see how it feels...it worked for me the first time.

texas8point

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 11:49:18 AM »
Sometimes when im sleeping and i raise my arms above my pillow it will send a shooting pain through my shoulder and wake me up all through the night..........I wonder if a chiropractor could help ?

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:52:29 PM »
if its that bad i would see a doctor.  to truely see whats wrong with it. i would stretch it out and/or do some rolotor cuff exerises to werm up the  the shoulders. other then that, i would  take a pain killer and train thu it. if your having pain, pain killers are good for your body but  dont good overboard.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 09:53:33 AM »
sounds like shoulder impingement to me

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 09:58:55 AM »
"painkillers are good for your body" ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha