Author Topic: Do many cheat at Natural Comps?  (Read 3730 times)

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
Do many cheat at Natural Comps?
« on: July 01, 2006, 11:50:13 AM »
Hey folks, I was reading one of the muscle magazines and this guy who wrote a letter stated that he had been using and competed as a natural.  He said that lots of guys were doing that.  Then I encountered a guy at one of my recent shows who came right out and told me he was purchasing stuff from a place with a name like legalsteroids.com (not sure about that).  Well, that certainly isn't natural by my definition but he was competing at an untested show so I thought nothing of it.  Then I spoke to him a few months later and he said he was going to do a natural show.  That really ticks me off!  Then I was helping a guy with prep who had right confessed to a friend of mine that he was using.  Then he told me he wanted to do a natural show.  Ugh!  I said, well there is a lie detector test you have to take.  He seemed a bit shocked and probably began rethinking his strategy.  Finally, a recent show (a natural), I was beaten by a guy that everyone claims uses.  I missed my national qualification by one place and MAY have lost my qualification to a cheater.  Whether he did or not, who knows.

At this point I've basically accepted that there is some cheating going on.  I've decided that I'll be the best I can be naturally and let the chips fall where they may.  But I'm starting to believe that it is rampant.  Your thoughts?

Romans 1:20

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Do many cheat at Natural Comps?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 09:04:40 PM »
is ronnie gonna win it again? answer this, and you will know ;D

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 11:18:23 PM »
The answer is yes. There have been more than a few people on Getbig that have bragged about cheating in natural comps. lol.
"Shut the F up and train"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 01:31:17 AM »
I was at a local NPC show this weekend and the master's overall champ said into the microphone "all natural" after collecting his trophy.  He's not.  Obviously used diuretics among other things.  People lie all the time. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 01:58:49 AM »
I actually don't think it matters all that much.

Since you can only compete against yourself. Why worry about the competition. Let them juice then. That will cost them money and a fragile ego.

I imagine I would be annoyed if there were money involved.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 02:11:40 AM »
In the UK I believe that99% of natural competitors are just that.You do get the odd bad apple but they get caught in the end especially as UK Sports carry out the drug testing for the NPA www.npa-bodybuilding.co.uk to IOC/WADA standards.There seems to be a code of honour and cameraderie amongst most naturals and anyone caught cheating is banned for life,has to pay for the drug test(approx £400) and is totally ostracised by fellow bodybuilders. 

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 05:21:43 AM »
In the UK I believe that99% of natural competitors are just that.You do get the odd bad apple but they get caught in the end especially as UK Sports carry out the drug testing for the NPA www.npa-bodybuilding.co.uk to IOC/WADA standards.There seems to be a code of honour and cameraderie amongst most naturals and anyone caught cheating is banned for life,has to pay for the drug test(approx £400) and is totally ostracised by fellow bodybuilders. 

I wish they were that strict here in the US.  If I achieve a very high level, I want to testing to show I'm natural.  I know that lie detector tests can be fooled.  I guess that just about any test can be fooled if you try hard enough and have enough money.  Where is the integrity in people?  Have you won anything if you cheated?  I think people who use and compete as naturals are thieves personally.  They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Code of honor (US spelling ;) ) I like the sound of that.  Words like that seem to be losing there meaning.

Romans 1:20

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 09:25:29 AM »
Of course guys cheat.  A lie detector test isn't accepted in courts as positive proof for a reason.  I can imagine that a lie detector test given in haste to many people was being done to acceptable standards. How many cases have the prosecutor saying their lie detector proves the guy is lieing and the defense lie detector claims their guy proves he is telling the truth? 

Some guys claim they are natural because they are only using a mild steroid like anavar or testosterone replacement therapy.  They say they are bodybuilders using testosterone for a medical reason.  If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. 

As someone said in a previous post compete against yourself.  Until they have Olympic standard lab testing where they actually watch you urinate into the container things won't change.  Even then a few will get by.  This sport is based on drug use.  While othe sports have guys that cheat this sport depends on drug useage. 

Train natural and to hell with the syringe crowd.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 02:24:57 PM »
I've known about 5 competitive bodybuilders in my time at the gym.  All five competed naturally, all used.  One even told me "All natural means is you can pass a piss test the day of the competition".  He then told me a number of steroids that are out of your system in a matter of weeks.

As long as there is competition (no matter what the hobby/sport/etc), there will be those that will do anything to win.  From what I can tell, bodybuilders are a very strange cohort of the human population... They will do incredibly stupid things to their bodies, just to win a plastic trophy.

I do feel semi-sorry for those truly natural bodybuilders who compete, but they knew what they were getting into when they stepped on that stage.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 07:50:09 PM »
true Drug free competitions are probably rare, I say rare because who knows how deep down the rabbit hole this goes.

If you compete don't be suprised if people cheat it goes with the territory.

If you really want to compete then compete for yourself, your friends and family.

If you want to be a bodybuilding champoin drug free, then it probably would be wise to select shows with the most stringent tests.

Unfortunately real testing costs money, bodybuilding promoters want to make money, it depends on the integrity of the competitiors and promoter.

With that said drug free competitors can beat drug users, it has been done.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 04:28:24 PM »
Hey folks, I was reading one of the muscle magazines and this guy who wrote a letter stated that he had been using and competed as a natural.  He said that lots of guys were doing that.  Then I encountered a guy at one of my recent shows who came right out and told me he was purchasing stuff from a place with a name like legalsteroids.com (not sure about that).  Well, that certainly isn't natural by my definition but he was competing at an untested show so I thought nothing of it.  Then I spoke to him a few months later and he said he was going to do a natural show.  That really ticks me off!  Then I was helping a guy with prep who had right confessed to a friend of mine that he was using.  Then he told me he wanted to do a natural show.  Ugh!  I said, well there is a lie detector test you have to take.  He seemed a bit shocked and probably began rethinking his strategy.  Finally, a recent show (a natural), I was beaten by a guy that everyone claims uses.  I missed my national qualification by one place and MAY have lost my qualification to a cheater.  Whether he did or not, who knows.

At this point I've basically accepted that there is some cheating going on.  I've decided that I'll be the best I can be naturally and let the chips fall where they may.  But I'm starting to believe that it is rampant.  Your thoughts?

Yes they do. When me and my buddy were getting polygraphs for the NGA, it was in the empire state building..when we all passed and left, ont he way out some competitors were giggling with a sigh of relief, saying how they were on stuff not too long ago...we were like wtf.. never ratted on them, but on contest day those guys looked drastically better, expecially in conditioning... it sucks man...watcha gonna do.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 06:12:08 PM »
  Then I encountered a guy at one of my recent shows who came right out and told me he was purchasing stuff from a place with a name like legalsteroids.com (not sure about that).  Well, that certainly isn't natural by my definition

LOL - SDI Labs? I doubt whatever he bought from that site contains anything but sugar and olive oil - total scam. Might as well just buy Gamma-O!