Author Topic: t-bar rows?  (Read 4940 times)

SledgeHammer462

• Getbig II
Re: t-bar rows?
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 10:47:30 AM »
Hey pumpster: Did you ever see any pictures of these pip-squeak assholes that come on here?? I wonder if their bodies are half the size of their mouths!

Sledge

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 10:58:45 AM »
I've never seen their pics but just from the way they talk it always looks like someone trying to compensate for being a dweeb. ;D

I'm not even sure if most of these guys even work out! hahahahahahah

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 11:03:14 AM »
its really hard to know anymore. I get so dissapointed in soo many of the threads....at the beginning i have lots to say but by the end its gone sour and there is no point anymore.
bodybuildersreality.com

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 11:07:40 AM »
you sure backed up what u say, "Platzian" quads.

I see no reason why you would come on here and bash me when clearly, Im being facetious, and I have never been disrepctful to you EVEN back when u lashed out at me when I asked for proof of your self desribed "platzian" thighs. For some reason you felt as if I was threatening your "credibilty" and you turned out to be quite the grumpy littlte sensitive canuck back then (ironic huh?), but I still gave u the respect cause of how much older you are.

Then u gimme shit for messin around with the guy  :-\
follow the arrows

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 11:13:02 AM »
I see no reason why you would come on here and bash me when clearly, Im being facetious, and I have never been disrepctful to you EVEN back when u lashed out at me when I asked for proof of your self desribed "platzian" thighs. For some reason you felt as if I was threatening your "credibilty" and you turned out to be quite the grumpy littlte sensitive canuck back then (ironic huh?), but I still gave u the respect cause of how much older you are.

Then u gimme shit for messin around with the guy

How would we know you're being facetious, genius?

As far as the rest of what you said, the grammar's a nightmare-say it again in english. I don't have the patience to decipher your version of ebonics-the only sure thing is that it's more whining, as usual. ::)

Add something POSITIVE man! Nothin' but garbagey bitching, as always..actually focus on what's being discussed! ;)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 11:38:40 AM »
How would we know you're being facetious, genius?

As far as the rest of what you said, the grammar's a nightmare-say it again in english. I don't have the patience to decipher your version of ebonics-the only sure thing is that it's more whining, as usual. ::)

Add something POSITIVE man! Nothin' but garbagey bitching, as always..actually focus on what's being discussed! ;)
I usually dont post like that. And since u pay so much attention to my posts, surely you would know that the comments are not in line with how I usually post  ::)

Funny how out of the same sentence, you conveniently left out the part where you're being clearly shown for the ass you are... I can see where the "grammar" was goin wrong there  ::)

You're makin up shit here to cover for your idiotic comments. Either that or you have me confused with someone else. But thats fine and I never hold a grudge against anybody, and never post anything negative(when Im serious) unless Im provoked.

I have only tried helping people here on this board (so I dont really know what you're talking abt when u mention whining and negativity), and participated in discussions. I'm sure u have agreed with me many times or posted similar advice (though I dont like to say that I ever give 'advice', as Im not in a position to do so).

I think you may just have to follow your own advice here ;)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 11:43:08 AM »
and dont make fun of my grammar  >:(

and I dont really see how my grammar is THAT bad in the post that it would be beyond comprehension  ??? Cut me some slack , Im not writin an essay here and english is my second language anyway. But I still try to be coherent . I've seen u post with a hundred dots in between sentences several times so dont give me shit old man  :P
follow the arrows

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 12:00:34 PM »
Same ol, same ol-no content, just bitching. This is a training board-say something about training-duh!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 12:42:08 PM »
if i knew how to put pics up i'd do it...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2006, 12:53:11 PM »
Same ol, same ol-no content, just bitching. This is a training board-say something about training-duh!
Sounds funny coming from u, since u and ur noob buddy here started it all- meltdown mania  :D

haha have a good day "pumpster"  ;)
follow the arrows

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2006, 01:11:54 PM »
I'd wish you a good day but i don't think you know what that is! hahahahahahahhaah

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 01:37:47 PM »
is there a particular way to doing them? i do them with my legs bent and bent far enough over that my back doesn't' strain with heavy weights...and i still feel it in my back.

but i saw a guy with a ridiculously thick back bent over almost 90* using only two plates

I'm using 7 and i don't have a back even remotely that thick! this guy when talking to him is using light as weight on everything but is growing like a damned weed!

sauce? or just the awesome form and control?  ???
OK, T-bar rows is more about the pump then the weight. That's why, I do seated pulley rows and get the same thing. The more blood you shoot back there, the bigger its going to get. Your doing more for strength with more weight, then bulk.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 03:05:16 PM »
I do seated pulley rows and get the same thing.
My experience pulleys rows are like two-handed BB rows-at the bottom of the list re: lat burn and isolation. I noticed that pulley rows didn't do well on the EMG studies that measured muscle stimulation of differenent exercises, however some of the results are arguable.

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2006, 05:36:39 PM »
No one is going to islotate the lat's complety when the hands/arms are involved in the exercise. If the hand/arm link is taken out of any direct lat/back exercise,  than it becomes so much more effective. When the point of resistence is on the point of the elbows, rather than pulling with the hands/arms , than if may almost become a pure lat/back movement. And in return, greater muscle growth. Your not going to do that with a T bar, BB, DB or that poorly designed metal mess shown in the photo. The original Nautilus pullover machine is still one of the more effecrtive units made. Some other manufactors have produced similar devices, keeping the resistence where it belongs, on the elbows. There are also straps/web's that are positioned on the point of the elbows when doing cable (sitting) pulls. Can also use a version to use when chinning or pulldowns. Suprising that you can use so much more extra weight when using that shorter, more powerful leverage of the elbows, rather than using the weaker link of the hands/arms. How many times has the grip/arms given out before the lats are really hit to their full potentional (inducing growth/strength) when doing any form of regular rows/chins, etc?

Rather than SS'ing Rows with chins/pulldowns might try doing a set of pullovers (straight or bent) and than rows or chins. Pullovers, in what ever form (BB/DB), pre-exhaust the lats very well before doing row's, chins, etc. Can even do a tri set with pullovers, pulldowns and rows.

If anyone decides to to a 30 rep set for chins, than 10 or 12 reps should be the first goal. Take a rest-pause of 15 seconds and than try for more reps. Continue with these rest-pause breaks until the full 30 are achieved (may take awhile).  Breath deep & fully during this brief rest period. Do not hang from the bar, release the grip and relax the hands/ arms, etc for that 15 seconds. !00's can work very well with this style of training for men with serious intent. Good Luck.

So what your saying.If I understand right.Back excersizes w/ arm involvment are not as effective.What about the mind muscle connection.I'm with you on the BB rows.This confirms what I've been thinking.But in my back training.I keep in my mind that my arms are just hooks.That I actually pull with my elbows,And my shoulders.I do this with all of my back training.Except deads.
    And while it gose against the status quo.I feel I get a better back session when I use machines/cables.Unless I do,Deads,Pull ups,Pull overs w/ DB.Or BB rows in a corner w/ a towel or cable row handles.
give in to the darkside

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 11:59:45 AM »
i always find the range of motion on t-bars too short...

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2006, 12:01:45 PM »
it's no less than doing cable rows... :-\

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2006, 01:47:27 PM »
i always find the range of motion on t-bars too short...

It's common & better to stand on an elevated block or platform, to get a full stretch. Then it's one of the top row exercises along with hammer-type machines and 1-arm DB rows.

Also important that the longer part of the T-bar's not be too short, otherwise the arc trajectory will be off and the ROM could feel cramped.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 07:15:24 AM »
yep..elevated platform

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2006, 07:03:07 PM »
I feel t-bar rows work the traps and rear-delts too much.

Bent over barbell rows with an underhand group along with heavy DB rows work best for me.