Author Topic: John Romano does Lou Ferrigno little justice  (Read 11271 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: John Romano does Lou Ferrigno little justice
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 02:38:24 PM »
did sylvester ever sue frank stallone.

no, he didnt.

eat a dick, lou.
Sly should be shot for putting Frank anywhere near a camera tho.  ;D

ps. Wasn't somebody going to order The Happy Birthday Call from Lou so he could tell Lou to Fcuk Off? Hmmmmm?

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 02:43:50 PM »
I believe that Frank works, or worked, for Sly behind the scenes quite a bit.

Slick Vic

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 02:46:37 PM »
Sly should be shot for putting Frank anywhere near a camera tho.  ;D

Wasn't somebody going to order The Happy Birthday Call from Lou so he could tell Lou to Fcuk Off? Hmmmmm?
Now that would've been funny.  :D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »
Sorry. But I'm not buying it. Most (if not all) people who have met him and post here have their "Lou is an Asshole" story. It's no coincidence.
HAHA, RON.....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 02:53:37 PM »
Now that would've been funny.  :D
What was even funnier was that someone then suggested putting the charge on a cc and then cancelling the charge. LMAO. Lou's then himself paying to get told to Fcuk Off. Would that be sweet or what?

Slick Vic

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 02:56:28 PM »
What was even funnier was that someone then suggested putting the charge on a cc and then cancelling the charge. LMAO. Lou's then himself paying to get told to Fcuk Off. Would that be sweet or what?
hahaha....  :D
Not only did Arnold outwit Louie, but I think we can too.  ;D

edge48

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 04:31:07 PM »
PLEASE LOU IS THE BIGEST LOW LIFE EVER!!! WHAT CAREER????? HE"S LIVING OFF GrOWLING OVER 20 YEARS AGO!!!!!  COMPARE HIM TO MCDONALDS HELLO!!!!!!!  ??? ??? ???

Louis Cipher

• Getbig II
  • Aue Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant!
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 05:58:03 PM »
Does his brother make a lot of money out of that gym?

edge48

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 06:20:06 PM »
His BROTHER has a store in NJ he works for a living he still unloads trucks nobody buys anything from him because of low ferrigno!! DO YOU THINK PEOPLE COME INTO THE STORE AND SAY OH MY GOD YOUR LOW FERRIGNO BROTHER I'LL BUY THAT YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!  ANDY HAS THE BEST PRICES AND IS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET. low ferrigno for the last 30 years lives off GROWLING and what about all the money he makes CASH DO YOU THINK HE CLAIMS THAT ON HIS TAXES his BROTHER SHOULD LOOK INTO CHECKING THAT OUT!! THEN LOUIE WILL TURN GREEN  >:( >:( >:(

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2006, 06:33:29 PM »
I can't believe anyone is defending Lou.  He is the biggest piece of shit in bodybuilding and everyone knows it.  This shouldn't even be a debate.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2006, 06:52:19 PM »
I don’t know about yah, but if this little kid came up to me and asked for my autograph. I'd feel bad if I told him to give me twenty dollars.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 08:41:59 PM »

And Lou is no "blood sucking leach" by any means. He donates a lot of time to helping kids and educating them about narcotic drug abuse. Lou has also recently become a Sheriff and has been helping the community in the little spare time he has.

-SirGossip

i guess "narcotic drug abuse" doenst include using steroids and gh for 30 years.  not to mention the calf implants.  yeah, great role model.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

BBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 09:05:09 PM »
In 2001 Lou was the only pro at a recent Golds Gym opening.My kid at the time wanted his picture to be taken with Lou and the black dude who was doing a security for him politely informed me that this is going to cost me $20 or $15 if I buy the poster.So I said no and move over.Than I was trying to get a picture of him from a distance and the same guy came over to me to tell me that I was not allowed to do that.WTF.I was just laughing.And the most bizzare of all was when my wife was going with the camcorder and filming the gym + Lou in the distance-the same dude came over again with the same shit and was about to get knocked out this time.Never ever told me a word after this for about 2-3 hours till everything was over.At Arnold in 2004 I was watching the same thing-a little kid was asking for an autograph and Lou told him the price but the worst of all was this handicapped guy in a wheelchair who was standing right next to the line and I stood for about 5 min. just to tell you that Lou never ever took a look at him or asked him anything.The guy was sitting about 3 foot away from Lou and wanted to get his attention.Never happened.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 09:44:35 PM »
maybe Lou needs the money for better calf implants

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2006, 10:07:15 PM »
I have had first hand experience with Lou on two separate occasions and he's an asshole! He is very rude and has a chip on his shoulder. I called him an asshole and I said it pretty loud, but I don't think he heard me. There were not a lot of people around and he was behind me on an escalator. For a second I thought I might have to starting running.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2006, 10:22:42 PM »
I have had first hand experience with Lou on two separate occasions and he's an asshole! He is very rude and has a chip on his shoulder. I called him an asshole and I said it pretty loud, but I don't think he heard me. There were not a lot of people around and he was behind me on an escalator. For a second I thought I might have to starting running.  ;D

Um, you do know that Lou is deaf, right?

:)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2006, 10:32:42 PM »

Oh man, how could he not know that? Its basic bodybuilding history 101

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2006, 10:36:45 PM »
Um, you do know that Lou is dead, right?

Lou's dead?

Did his estate charge the undertaker $20?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2006, 04:49:32 AM »
It is going to sound like I am defending Lou and in a way I am.  My uncle owned one of the largest Sports Memorabilia companies in the country (Legends).  I worked with him for a year or so and learned allot.  First off Lou is more popular than any of todays pros.  That is without a doubt.  Stand the top ten IFBB pros together and have Lou in there and just about anyone in the world will know who Lou is.  Doubt if 5% woudl knwo who any of the IFBB pros were.  His autograph is worth money as much as no one on here wants to admit.  He is a celebrity no matter how you look at it.  EVERY celebrity has autograph sigings.  IF they are appearing somewhere to sign autographs they either charge the people or the promoter is paying them to sign for a certain amount of time.

Also, autograph collecting is a HUGE business.  And want I learned is allot fo these guys will actually pay kids to go up and get a celebrities autograph so he can sell it later for more money.  That is a fact.  I have been with Reggie Jackson, Deacon Jones, Jack Youngblood, and other guys siing autographs and these guys can remember when a kid has come up twice for an autograph.  And as soon as they see that they know they are selling them to someone or someone is having them go get as many as possible.

You guys make fun of Louie for selling his autograph at shows but when I have seen him at shows he is selling allot of them.  He is easily making $10,000 to $20,000+ at every show he goes to and signs pictures.  That adds up to allot fo money a year.  You guys are saying he shouldn't do this..  I doubt anyone on here would turn away $100,000+ a year signing autographs.  NO ONE.

So I defend him selling his autograph 100%.  I do think that when a little kid comes up he shoudl maybe give one away now and then but like I said sometimes these little kids dads are putting them up to it cause they knwo they can sell the autograph later. 

Now in regards to his brother thing.  I think he is wrong sueing his own brother.  Louie is not poor by any means.  I am pretty sure he has waymore money than his brother.  So I think he shoudl let his brother make money.  And from what I see he isn't really making money from Louie's name.  But he still shoudl just leave his brother alone.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2006, 05:07:24 AM »
Let me set this straight once and for all...

First of all, I know Lou personally and have trained with him, been to his house, met his family etc...

Lou is a nice, decent and good guy. Period. He doesn't speak badly about anyone and he is very kind to the random people that come up to him all the time.

With regard to his brother. He loves his brother of course, just like he loves all of his family - but the fact is that his brother is trading off of LOU's effort and making money at it and that is not fair. A gym named anything Ferrigno, IMPLIES that Lou has something to do with it - and we all know it. The only reason that "Ferrigno" has any significant meaning or value to the name of a gym is directly due to the time,work and effort that LOU put in.

So Lou's brother, who is trading off of Lou's career and making money at it, should be paying Lou something for the leveraging of his name like that. It doesn't matter that it is also his own last name. Without Lou's effort, the mass public would not know anything about any Ferrigno and we all wouldn't even be talking about it here.

To further illustrate, my last name is Schwarzenegger. If I opened a gym TODAY and called it Schwarzenegger Fitness, should I be able to claim that I am not using Arnold's credibility to establish a business for myself? I mean hey, my last name IS Schwarzenegger too!

Let's not all be stupid ok??

Lou has worked hard and his brother is using that fact to make money for himself. That is wrong, and his brother should be at least paying Lou a share of the profits and acknowlede the truth about what he is doing. The fact that he doesn't do that puts Lou's brother in the wrong - not Lou.

Also, you have to understand that people come up to Lou ALL THE TIME and ask for something. Advice, a picture, this that and the other... This has gone on for more than 20 years and I think that it is unrealistic to expect Lou to just give all his time away for free like that. Charging people $20 a picture is a fair way to minimize the gimmie-gimmie behavior that the public constantly demonstrates. Everybody always feel that they should get everything for free or that Lou OWES them something. He doesn't.

Now I suppose you can just keep hating on Lou because he wont let his brother exploit him or let the public just exploit him, but the fact is that he is just practicing good business sense and making sure that he leverages the momentum of his career as smartly as possible.

And Lou is no "blood sucking leach" by any means. He donates a lot of time to helping kids and educating them about narcotic drug abuse. Lou has also recently become a Sheriff and has been helping the community in the little spare time he has.

Look, nobody is perfect but Lou is a good guy and has done a lot for the profile of bodybuilding (in a positive way) and I think that it only hurts the sport when we undermine one of the few living bodybuilding icons that the MASS public knows and adores...

-SirGossip

What about Bushe's baked beans, how does that work?

The Beef.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »

I didn't think that he was completley deaf? You sure?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2006, 10:14:20 AM »
He is the one who has built up the value of the "Ferrigno" brand name in muscle-related spheres. Just because the brother was born with the same name doesn't mean he's not diluting the value of Lou's investment by using it to promote some piece-of-crap gym in Jersey or wherever.

In a few years from now, the brother will probably have to be supporting Lou with a monthly allowance. 

If Lou was smart, he'd let the brother build the businesses as best he can without interference.

Look at it this way. Even if you were born with the name John McDonald, no court in the country is going to let you open a fast food restaurant and call it McDonald's. [Yeah, I know "McDonald's" is trademarked and "Ferrigno" probably isn't. But the prinicple is the same.]

He should just call it "John McDonald's". 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2006, 10:23:47 AM »
It is going to sound like I am defending Lou and in a way I am.  My uncle owned one of the largest Sports Memorabilia companies in the country (Legends).  I worked with him for a year or so and learned allot.  First off Lou is more popular than any of todays pros.  That is without a doubt.  Stand the top ten IFBB pros together and have Lou in there and just about anyone in the world will know who Lou is.  Doubt if 5% woudl knwo who any of the IFBB pros were.  His autograph is worth money as much as no one on here wants to admit.  He is a celebrity no matter how you look at it.  EVERY celebrity has autograph sigings.  IF they are appearing somewhere to sign autographs they either charge the people or the promoter is paying them to sign for a certain amount of time.

Lou was "famous" in a minor way back in the late 70's and early 80's, from the Hulk and from riding Arnold's coattails. This is thirty plus years later... no one cares about a third-tier TV show actor from before they were born. Lou is about as relevant today as the guy who played Sam the butcher in the Brady Bunch TV show.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2006, 10:25:08 AM »
I didn't think that he was completley deaf? You sure?

nah, he has hearing aid and is only partial.  i was just mentioning that because if there's any pro you are likely to get away with muttering around, it'd be lou

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2006, 10:26:40 AM »
this just in from "low" ferrigno:
fhuck youuu giysss    ;D
forget what you know