Author Topic: Steve Michaluk  (Read 18806 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Steve Michaluk
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 08:09:01 AM »
steve michilak
F

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 10:22:18 AM »
Steve.
bodybuildersreality.com

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 04:43:16 AM »
not a full box of chocs ::)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 09:55:50 PM »
these stories sound like mostly bullshit.  so exaggerated.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2006, 02:15:22 PM »
these stories sound like mostly bullshit.  so exaggerated.

So basically you have no idea one way or the other. Very likely they're true.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 07:45:25 PM »
I enjoyed reading them. i hope they are true, cuz its nuts.
bodybuildersreality.com

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 07:58:29 PM »
Goodphysique but whacked out ...

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 12:31:08 AM »
the man is crazy because of a severe lack of intelligence

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 08:36:18 AM »
the man is crazy because of a severe lack of intelligence

Many crazies are highly intelligent.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 12:56:56 AM »
if you have ever heard this man speak that is not the case ;)

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 03:25:27 AM »
I was looking around on Bodybuilding.com and I stumbled open this.  http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak5.htm  I've never read anything about this guy but after reading page 1, I had to read the rest. Its written by John DeFendis. This Steve was nuts! He ropes off his training area, Smashes car windows in if people dont pay their gym fees and tries to drown John as a boy who wants to train with him. Its funny shit.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »
Quote from: pumpster on August 01, 2006, 11:36:18 AM

if you have ever heard this man speak that is not the case

Doesn't mean he's unintelligent; crazy definitely.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 06:00:06 PM »
Doesn't mean he's unintelligent; crazy definitely.
Forsure! roping off his training area, the gyms words of the day were "up the dosage"!!
bodybuildersreality.com

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2006, 06:22:17 PM »
I was trained by Steve, trained with him and worked for him at his gym, Mr America's.  Steve is definitely a sensationalist, but no one that knows him would question his intelligence.  Aside from being a college graduate he is INCREDIBLY well read on many topics.  He was WAAAY ahead of his time when it came to understanding things like nutrition and the body...not only for BB's but the general population as well.  As for training, his programs were intense...no B.S.  Like I will always say nothing is new and being around Steve is why I feel that way.  He was outlining in detail keto genic diets over 20 years ago as well as any other diet poular today....  His training startagies were so unique...the way the exercise was done...the INCREDIBLE stretching other like Platz, Parrillo went on to do..Steve was doing it as were a lot of people Arnold included....and just because he did do some 100 rep sets don't mean the weight was light.  He would incorporate many different rep schemes into his program....150 pound dumbells were commonly used...leg presses were fully loaded and 75 pound single arm preacher curls (holding the bell a certain way, twisting a certain way) were all included.  One thing real fast, when no body was doing cardio...including Steve he understood things like core temp well before anyone in BB made talking about it popular.  He would laugh when he saw a fat male or female running away with bundles and bundles of clothing on to FALSLY increase the temp....knowing full well that the surface temp would rise without much in the way of core temp...knowing that with out the clothing the body would increase core temp natuarlly and effectively.  Just because he didn't do much stationary cardio didn't mean he didn't include it in his program...his workouts were NON stop for hours and you would be gasping for air...very anaerobic to say the least but as you got in better shape you would adapt, obvioulsy.  One thing Steves training did do is create quality dense muscles......sure if you didn't take enough stuff and eat enough you would not rebuild as much as you could have, but slight tweeks to that formula would do the trick.  Also...the pics above are good but do Steve no justice size wise...he got MUCH bigger than that.  Who ever said his arms weren't over 18 is sadly mistaken....they were over 20 inches and that's quality with incredible saparation not just a block of fat free mass.  Steve had something not many guys his size had in the 70's....balance! I think that Steves incredible vast knowledge in other areas made it difficult for some to understand him.  This guy knows his stuff and was a great BB for the time.  If the big picture of Steve is still on the wall of past Mr. Americas in Golds venice then you can see an AMAZING physique that people would love to have today.         

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2006, 09:15:24 PM »
this guy sounds incredable and I have never really read about him in any mags or anything.
bodybuildersreality.com

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 09:28:37 PM »
Jr.Yates...yeah, Steve would have been alot more well known if he had moved out to Cali when Joe Weider wanted him too.  Joe was willing to work with Steve after the America and Universe just the way he did with Arnold.  Arnold mentioned Steve as his top competition in mags back then after those wins because, like I said earlier, he had a balance physique at that size and that was not too common.  He did write articles and question answer columns in some mags...One mag had a GREAT concept (maybe someone reading this today will use the idea again), they had Steve talk through his training, what he was doing, sets etc and recorded it on a small record..not sure of the name of those small records back then.  Then they attached the record to his layout in the mag...pretty cool stuff.  Watch someone do it again....what's old is new and nothing is new.   If you can find the Pumping Iron book he has a GREAT chapter in there(steve was suppossed to be in the movie and got hurt then was in the second movie for women).  Also, if anyone can get the book by George Snyder, three more reps, he is in the second I believe and has a great chapter as well.  great books by the way.     

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2006, 11:33:08 AM »
Steve had an auto accident in the late 70's or early 80's that pretty much scrambled up his lumbar vertebrae.  He got back into amazing shape and guest posed at the '82 NPC Nationals, the year Lee Haney won.

If anyone has pics of Steve from that guest posing, that was the best I'd ever seen him look in his career.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2006, 02:48:30 PM »
Jr.Yates...yeah, Steve would have been alot more well known if he had moved out to Cali when Joe Weider wanted him too.  Joe was willing to work with Steve after the America and Universe just the way he did with Arnold.  Arnold mentioned Steve as his top competition in mags back then after those wins because, like I said earlier, he had a balance physique at that size and that was not too common.  He did write articles and question answer columns in some mags...One mag had a GREAT concept (maybe someone reading this today will use the idea again), they had Steve talk through his training, what he was doing, sets etc and recorded it on a small record..not sure of the name of those small records back then.  Then they attached the record to his layout in the mag...pretty cool stuff.  Watch someone do it again....what's old is new and nothing is new.   If you can find the Pumping Iron book he has a GREAT chapter in there(steve was suppossed to be in the movie and got hurt then was in the second movie for women).  Also, if anyone can get the book by George Snyder, three more reps, he is in the second I believe and has a great chapter as well.  great books by the way.     
I'll have to check those books out, thanks.
bodybuildersreality.com

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2006, 05:57:45 AM »
I also trained at Steve's gym,, Mr. america's.  Steve also had a very small waist for a man his size. It was around 27 inches.  His arms we're much larger than 18 inches.  It was cool training there when the Night Of The Champions contest drew closer I remember Albert Beckles and several other guys coming in. Steve also trained Bev Francis.    No Bullshit  you would sign you're name in a book when you came in and the pen would be a syringe.   

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2006, 10:54:11 PM »
Steve had an auto accident in the late 70's or early 80's that pretty much scrambled up his lumbar vertebrae.  He got back into amazing shape and guest posed at the '82 NPC Nationals, the year Lee Haney won.

Who knows what the truth was with his "accident". I've read so many different accounts of what happened. Michalik did some infomercial for some type of plastic ab training contraption (illustrates his sense of morals) where he said he was hit by a truck when out jogging. Anyone know what really happened?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2006, 10:58:37 PM »
You think these stories are not real? The roping off of his workout area, throwing dumbells at people and all that?
Yeah so he roped off a his workout area. I'm not talking about that but shit like buying monkey brains on the black market and squeezing growth hormone out of them and drinking it. What a bunch bullshit.

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2006, 04:56:16 AM »
I heard those stories often around the gym.  Deep down I think he may have been an alright guy but the drugs made him an asshole.. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2006, 10:31:38 AM »
With the doctor’s lock on such high-end supplements as Primobolan and Parabolin, “nobody was gonna get to be competition size unless they put out for him.” In exchange for a stack of steroid scrips, Michalik brokered love connections for the doctor with a string of title hopefuls.

Too funny that guys like Defendis were man-whores pimped by Michalik.

Who else did he have in his stable?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2006, 10:48:49 AM »
That statement by Steve is B.S. and very misleading.   Primo was coming over by the THOUSANDS by a certain guy in the gym and obviously had NOTHING to do with this doctor esepcially because it wasn't an american steroid.  The doc he refers to was a NYC endocrinologist and was married.  Lots of guys went to him for scripts and no one ever did any gay stuff.  It was SPECULATED by many that he was gay simply because he would ask how big the guys arms were and bs like that.  B.S.  That's the sensationalist speaking.

gary6768

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »
Steve was by no means gay or bi.  He was banging a young girl that he tried setting up with Paulie his brother.  Steve was married at the time.