Author Topic: Discuss your Worst Gym Accident  (Read 9255 times)

Dan-O

• Getbig V
Re: Discuss your Worst Gym Accident
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 11:24:25 AM »
I've posted this before too...  About 7-8 years ago I was squatting 365 in the power cage and just decided to go for broke and get as many reps as I could.  I thought I'd go for 20 reps and see how many I could get.  So eventually the bar started sliding down my back because of the sweat...  so I kind of drop down to drop the bar on the pins, I feel something go "pop" in left my leg on the way down...  and then the bar slammed on the pins and the way my arms were holding the bar, they got pinned between the bar and the rear of the cage.  So my forearms were kind of bruised and bloodied but thankfully not seriously hurt.  My leg was injured so I didn't squat again for a few months.  That wasn't very fun.

An ounce of prevention (a little chalk on the shoulders and having a spotter) and the whole unfortunate incident probably could've been avoided.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 11:41:38 AM »
I personally don't have a story for you. Sorry.  :)
What about the time you dropped your soap in the gym shower...oh
sorry bro didnt mean to put that out there ;D
p

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 11:51:56 AM »
why did you leave the Y out of Gay?
I guess you are looking for more dick to suck!!! ;D

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 12:17:27 PM »
a 35 slide down my shin and skinned the entire thing to the bone   had a scar for like three years  finally went away

Bast175

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 12:19:04 PM »
Tore ALC, MCL and meniscus squatting 255lbs.   

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 12:19:33 PM »
a 35 slide down my shin and skinned the entire thing to the bone   had a scar for like three years  finally went away

LOL, I hate that!!!  That just happened to me a couple months ago.  It was one of those rubber coated 45's so it kind of grabbed the skin and ripped as it slid down.  Ouch!!

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 12:23:50 PM »
After using a plate loaded Cybex Advanced Pulldown, I unloaded the quarter and two 45's from one side then went to the other side and was looking away and forgot about the 25 on the outside and pulled on the first 45.  Dropped the 25 directly on my left big toe and crushed it.  Felt like i had a gallon of blood in my shoe but it didn't break the skin.  Needless to say the toe was broken but there's nothing that can be done about that.  Still can't bend it w/out pain and that was almost two years ago!  Moral of the story:  Pay attention to what you're doing, not who's around you.
i

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2006, 12:25:53 PM »
I was doing db inclines. nothing heavy just the 150's well my right forearm cramped from all the creatine i was on, so my partner grabbed it then i slid the left one down then BAM! I nipped my left testy! needless to say it swelled up like a watermelon, and i couldn't walk right for three weeks :-\...........true story!

Bast175

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2006, 12:31:18 PM »
I actually didn't know I tore anything when I did that.  I didn't feel any pain.   The next day my knee was cantaloupe sized.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 12:42:11 PM »
I got stuck with 135 lb the first time I did squats, hahahahaha, brutal hip strength.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
After experimenting with a new diet and protein supplements, I went to the gym too soon and instead of blowing a fart, I shot a stream of hot diarrhea out of my ass. I was only wearing shorts and boxers, so it dripped to the floor near the squat rack. It got into my socks and it felt squishy. Nobody noticed. I left and called it a day. :)

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 01:05:47 PM »
After experimenting with a new diet and protein supplements, I went to the gym too soon and instead of blowing a fart, I shot a stream of hot diarrhea out of my ass. I was only wearing shorts and boxers, so it dripped to the floor near the squat rack. It got into my socks and it felt squishy. Nobody noticed. I left and called it a day. :)

lol, i almost shit my pants too when i read this!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2006, 01:08:13 PM »
Ding! Ding! Ding! Thread is over. We have a winner.  :-X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2006, 01:12:01 PM »
The pooping the pants is pretty bad.  But, mine hurt more.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2006, 01:27:33 PM »
back in 1991, my first month in the gym, i was doing monster behind-the-neck presses with a dime on each side.  my friend challenged me to an even more brutal weight of 75 lbs for my last set.  he gave me a lift-off, i did 4-5 reps, and then got stuck at the bottom.  he wanted to take the bar from me, grabbed it (standing behind me), and i simply let it go.  of course he could not hold it and the bar flew down, hit the bench, and crushed my friend's index finger in the process.  he had a crushed bone and a damaged tendon.  the tendon was reattached surgically but until today his finger looks a little bit crooked.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2006, 01:28:16 PM »
Saw a kid in high school gym doing dumbell flies and a 25 lb plate was next to him on the floor. He went to go drop the weight while still holding on to the dumbells. The edge of the 25 pound plate popped half of his middle finger right off.  :o Blood squirting like a horror movie. I turned pale as a ghost and stumbled right through a basket ball game cus I was in shock from seeing it. :o

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2006, 01:42:32 PM »
Pooped in pants. 1996. Gold's Venice. Flex leg press machine. :(

Edit: I just read all the previous entries. My poop was not "hot butt-water" >:( so it was nowhere near as bad as the Freaks.
a

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 01:56:54 PM »
I went to the weight tree to grab a 45 pound plate and little did I know that a dinky 2.5 plate was in front of it. I didn't see it. So I pulled the 45 plate off and the little bastard 2.5 pound plate fell on my baby toe. Worst pain of my life. Blood all over my sock. The best part is I continued to workout and didn't notice all the blood until I took my shoe off at home.

I did the same - except for a 5 lb weight - and from a hack squat on the smith machine
Motherboy (the band).

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »
I got stuck with 135 lb the first time I did squats, hahahahaha, brutal hip strength.

Was that last Tuesday?

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2006, 02:04:35 PM »
Keep working on those deadlifts, Showstoppa. You'll hit double bodyweight one of these days.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2006, 03:49:26 PM »

My worst gym accident was I found myelf doing dumbbell kickbacks with a 25lb dumbbell because I thought it would 'etch in detail' in my triceps...

Another time it was in 98 when I first started training...I read FLEX and decided to follow the routine of FUX or NASSER or someone...exercise, set, reps etc...I didnt know shit except that I was chronically tired and always had head-aches and had terrible insomnia despite how tired I was and I lost weight because I didnt have an appetite because little did I know...I was following a routine of a geared-up pro bodybuilder and the routine was probably ghost written anyway..and I was training 6 days a week 3 hours a day sometimes two-a-day-ers.

Besides that...walking in a gym with GIRL-A hand in hand when GIRL-B who I was dating at the time just so happen to go to that particular gym when I was supposed to not be training that day and was 'just gonna chill and watch a movie tonite...get some sleep...you know...'

Hahahaha...
?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 04:04:06 PM »
While doing a drop set of squats a blood vessel in my head burst...... the doctor told me it could have been fatal......   :-\
P

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »
two deadlifting stories:

i once deadlifted in some shorts i got from abercrombie and fitch.  i decided to try to impress some people by deadlifting 4 plates for some reps.  halfway up the third rep i heard a tear that scared the shit out of me.  i practically threw the weight to the side, turned completely red and finished my workout with the back of my ass ompletely exposed.  it was that day that i realized the value of a good pair of athletic shorts.

another time, i was trying max out with a weight that was, at the time, way too heavy for me.  i got halfway up, was straining harder than i ever have on a lift, and suddenly i noticed in the mirror that blood was flowing out of my nose.  i went to the doctor later that day to find it was a burst blood vessel.  luckily it wasn't dangerous, but i definitely learned something about knowing my limits...

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 06:17:50 PM »
1st and only f**k up,i started training when i was in the marines,we had a narrow power rack for squats,i just did 405 and my bro was going to warm up he got in late.so i started taking weight off one side of the bar needless to say i never saw a bar fly  so high before ..   

i've done a similar thing, but with deadlifts. it almost hit some dude in the face. needless to say, he wasn't too pleased. no fight happened though

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »
Pooped in pants. 1996. Gold's Venice. Flex leg press machine. :(

Edit: I just read all the previous entries. My poop was not "hot butt-water" >:( so it was nowhere near as bad as the Freaks.

Hey, I use that leg press. Now I'll never feel comfortable using it again  :-\