Author Topic: Adding up daily Protein  (Read 4737 times)

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Adding up daily Protein
« on: July 15, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »
Now when adding up ya diets daily protein , do u include the protein from 'other' food groups e.g brown rice etc   to the total count , to get ya daily quota

eg is X bodybuilder says i have 300 grams of protein a day are they also including ALL protein or just animal protein.

cheers muscle braniacs  :P

myseone

• Getbig III
Re: Adding up daily Protein
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »
Now when adding up ya diets daily protein , do u include the protein from 'other' food groups e.g brown rice etc   to the total count , to get ya daily quota

eg is X bodybuilder says i have 300 grams of protein a day are they also including ALL protein or just animal protein.

cheers muscle braniacs  :P

Probably not, most count what they consider best quality protein such as eggs, fish, red meat and poultry.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 12:05:58 PM »
i count it all.
Z

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »
me 2. i get around 120-150g MAX usually closer to 120

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »
me 2. i get around 120-150g MAX usually closer to 120

you only get 150g of protein per day??? I think you would benefit to bumping that up atleast another 100 grams.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 02:38:39 PM »
i have kidney probs man. appreciate advice. only one works. :'(

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »
i have kidney probs man. appreciate advice. only one works. :'(

sorry to hear that Goudy....stay safe man

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »
ok so one person says ad it all and one saying the opposite........... ???

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 04:50:08 PM »
Why wouldn't you count it all?
Z

Bast175

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 08:07:50 PM »
No I don't count protein from rice or oats, etc because those are Incomplete protein.  Allthough they do become complete when eaten with complete proteins but still.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 08:52:23 PM »
No I don't count protein from rice or oats, etc because those are Incomplete protein.  Allthough they do become complete when eaten with complete proteins but still.

^ Concur

Protein from plant sources (esp high fiber ones) are absorbed about 75% at best...Add that to the fact that they're incomplete...   It's your call on how precise you want to be...
:

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 08:15:15 AM »

^ Concur

Protein from plant sources (esp high fiber ones) are absorbed about 75% at best...Add that to the fact that they're incomplete...   It's your call on how precise you want to be...

Then eat 25% extra
Z

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 03:38:18 PM »
I count it all.
nasser=piece of shit

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 07:26:46 AM »
I count all it and only use 120-150g of protien, just cause joe wieder sells it dosent mean thats the way to go The whole assumption that u need more protien was made cause muscle is made of of protien. in reality however all ur body does is turn the extra into fat or flush it out. Protien is prossesed by the liver and huge amounts will give u liver problems down the road. Also just like ur body adapts to resistance in wieght training it also adapts to food and protien intake. So if u consume less ur body absorbs more, if u consume more ur body absorbs less, once it adapts to the new level. I used to take whey and all that stuff and after 2 yrs of training droped the whey and all that happend was I made the same gains and lost 3 inches of fat off my mid section. Plus I'm a vegan and all i do is eat 50% carbs 50% high protien sorsces like beans, and I'm at 5'11 190 3-5%BF, and still gaining. Also u have to be aware that studies done on supps are funded by supp companys, the way u do a study makes a huge diff in the out come. For in stance the studies done on createn where done on vegan menopausl women (the group of ppl with the lowest levels of createin) and then they post the resaults not metioning the type of ppl it was tested on! But that dosent prove that it works on a 22 male meat eater, so u have to keep an eye on how exacly the studies were done, and how they word the results(ie:do they leave any loop holes in the wording of the results). The way i truly get to the bottom if it is use myself as the experament(Try not useing the sustance in question and track ur gains before and after and see what happens) what ive found is Vitamin C, EFA's and eating good clean foods little to no processed or junk foods that contain refined carbs/shugars and hydrgenated fats works well! The rest of the supps i've taken dont do jack, but cost me a lot of
money, and some times have bad side effects like cramps/fat gain etc...

Anyways thats my 2 bucks :D good luck all and keep training!
PS. sorry for the spelling and puctuation errors but I dont feel like fixing them I write enough essays, as it is in University.(ya ya I know I'm lazey) ;D
P

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »
I count all it and only use 120-150g of protien, just cause joe wieder sells it dosent mean thats the way to go The whole assumption that u need more protien was made cause muscle is made of of protien. in reality however all ur body does is turn the extra into fat or flush it out. Protien is prossesed by the liver and huge amounts will give u liver problems down the road. Also just like ur body adapts to resistance in wieght training it also adapts to food and protien intake. So if u consume less ur body absorbs more, if u consume more ur body absorbs less, once it adapts to the new level. I used to take whey and all that stuff and after 2 yrs of training droped the whey and all that happend was I made the same gains and lost 3 inches of fat off my mid section. Plus I'm a vegan and all i do is eat 50% carbs 50% high protien sorsces like beans, and I'm at 5'11 190 3-5%BF, and still gaining. Also u have to be aware that studies done on supps are funded by supp companys, the way u do a study makes a huge diff in the out come. For in stance the studies done on createn where done on vegan menopausl women (the group of ppl with the lowest levels of createin) and then they post the resaults not metioning the type of ppl it was tested on! But that dosent prove that it works on a 22 male meat eater, so u have to keep an eye on how exacly the studies were done, and how they word the results(ie:do they leave any loop holes in the wording of the results). The way i truly get to the bottom if it is use myself as the experament(Try not useing the sustance in question and track ur gains before and after and see what happens) what ive found is Vitamin C, EFA's and eating good clean foods little to no processed or junk foods that contain refined carbs/shugars and hydrgenated fats works well! The rest of the supps i've taken dont do jack, but cost me a lot of
money, and some times have bad side effects like cramps/fat gain etc...

Anyways thats my 2 bucks :D good luck all and keep training!
PS. sorry for the spelling and puctuation errors but I dont feel like fixing them I write enough essays, as it is in University.(ya ya I know I'm lazey) ;D

3-5% BF ehh?  :o LOL

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 07:00:22 AM »
yeah I bounce around a bit on the BF levels, but last couple times i checked it was 3 and 5%. I can basicly controll my BF levels at will buy in corporating more complex carbs or denser foods into my diet. Since i dont consume dary or meat my fat levels are pritty easy to control. Also I do a lot of training and sparing so that keeps down the BF as well.
I live in Canada so in the winter i go up to 10%-15% to avoid getting too cold :)
P