Author Topic: bodybuilding is a sport  (Read 5430 times)

Crossbow

• Getbig II
Re: bodybuilding is a sport
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »
Not a sport, not athletes.

I don't consider bycicling to be a sport either, extremely hard, extremely dedicated, probably the most challenging cardiovascular endurance test out there but...not a sport, because, all they do is sit on the bike and peddle.

So by your logic the Tour de France is not a sport's event ??? What about Marathon/Triathlon then ?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 05:44:05 PM »
what about figure skating then ?

They are also judged subjectively by how they present themselves on stage - or ice

It's absolutly a sport. It combines strength, balance, agility, conditioning and skill and it's judged on a point system.....I just described a sport and an athlete!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 05:53:42 PM »
the same definition that owned you a total of 18 times in that other thread?

"thank you sir may I have another" :D

E

If I tied the long hair in back of your head to the short hairs on your ass then kicked you down the street...would you consider that a "sport" :-\??

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 10:15:07 PM »
If I tied the long hair in back of your head to the short hairs on your ass then kicked you down the street...would you consider that a "sport" :-\??

once again you fail to understand one simple fact about a sport ::)

IT HAS TO BE A FUCKIN COMPETITION >:(

E
E

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 10:20:18 PM »
once again you fail to understand one simple fact about a sport ::)

IT HAS TO BE A FUCKIN COMPETITION >:(

E

Chess is considered a "sport"...if that's the case would the players be considered "athletes"? Same with poker players, do you consider that a sport and the players "athletes"?

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2006, 10:28:06 PM »
If bodybuilding is a sport, then it's news to the sports media.  Virtually no one in the sports industry covers bodybuilding.  Can something that no one outside of it considers a sport be considered one? 

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2006, 10:33:06 PM »
its not a sport IMO. just a muscle beauty pageant.   
Valhalla awaits.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2006, 10:39:42 PM »
Chess is considered a "sport"...if that's the case would the players be considered "athletes"? Same with poker players, do you consider that a sport and the players "athletes"?

no physical exertion involved in those

competitively flexing every single muscle simultaneously is physical exertion

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2006, 10:41:55 PM »
If bodybuilding is a sport, then it's news to the sports media.  Virtually no one in the sports industry covers bodybuilding.  Can something that no one outside of it considers a sport be considered one? 

nobody covers it because only a small amount are interested

notice how ESPN covers NFL more than the NHL?

E
E

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2006, 10:53:04 PM »
no physical exertion involved in those

competitively flexing every single muscle simultaneously is physical exertion

E

Like I said...so is taking a shit!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2006, 01:28:36 PM »
Like I said...so is taking a shit!!

taking a shit is not competitive

I already told you that about 1000 times already but maybe just maybe if I say it alot in one post you will finally comprehend that you masochist::)

E

E

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2006, 01:42:56 PM »

E

In my house it is ;D!!

KingCol

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2006, 07:26:01 PM »
SportFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Sports redirects here. For other senses of that word, see sports (disambiguation).

Children playing Association Football.A sport consists of a physical and mentally competitive activity carried out with a recreational purpose for competition, for self-enjoyment, to attain excellence, for the development of a skill, or some combination of these. A sport has physical activity, side by side competition, self-motivation and a scoring system. The difference of purpose is what characterises sport, combined with the notion of individual (or team) skill or prowess.

KingCol

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2006, 07:27:55 PM »
What im saying is, yes its a sport.

Unchained81

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2006, 08:35:25 PM »
Miss America contestants don't spend their lives in the gym lifting heavy weights every damn day.  When have you seen a Miss America contestant with a bodybuilders physique?   In all actuality the Miss America contest was a talent/brains/beauty contest.  They are given scholorships, modeling contracts and cash prizes.  Bodybuilding is a 24/7 lifestyle.  There is more to being a bodybuilder than being "rated" as how you look on stage.  Is that the end result?  Yes, but what goes into getting on that stage is what makes it a sport. 

Someone quoted Ice Skaters.  Ice skating is considered a sport (even an Olympic Sport) yet what is rated during the competition is grace, style and strength, not the years of training it took to get them there.  What is the difference when a bodybuilder gets on the stage?  He/she too is rated for his grace, style and strength (posing/fitness routine) along with size, proportion and conditioning.

Natural Bodybuilding would be great in the Olympics IMO.  They would have to go back to the Pumping Iron era posing trunks and ban dancing from posing routines to get the sexual deviance stigma away that the current IFBB is putting out.  Also the drug tests would have to been often and very comprehensive, testing for everything uncer the sun.  If it were legit like this, I think it would have just as much a place in the Olympics as figure skating and the water dancing, both of which are very impressive, just not sports in the way of Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, etc.

KingCol

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2006, 08:52:21 PM »
Natural Bodybuilding would be great in the Olympics IMO.  They would have to go back to the Pumping Iron era posing trunks and ban dancing from posing routines to get the sexual deviance stigma away that the current IFBB is putting out.  Also the drug tests would have to been often and very comprehensive, testing for everything uncer the sun.  If it were legit like this, I think it would have just as much a place in the Olympics as figure skating and the water dancing, both of which are very impressive, just not sports in the way of Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, etc.

Sorry, it is a sport!  Now, Bowling, I agree is not a sport!  Nascar, is not a sport!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »
SportFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Sports redirects here. For other senses of that word, see sports (disambiguation).

Children playing Association Football.A sport consists of a physical and mentally competitive activity carried out with a recreational purpose for competition, for self-enjoyment, to attain excellence, for the development of a skill, or some combination of these. A sport has physical activity, side by side competition, self-motivation and a scoring system. The difference of purpose is what characterises sport, combined with the notion of individual (or team) skill or prowess.

How original ::)!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »
Mr Intenseone.... Havn't you taken enough punishment already  ???
P

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »
Now, Bowling, I agree is not a sport!  Nascar, is not a sport!

According your definition they are sports....how can you say bowling and NASCAR are not sports, they both require skill and NASCAR especially requires strength, skill, conditioning and concentration and in addition to winning and or placing in the race is also on a point system....being ripped for a show is not conditioning in any athletic sense!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2006, 11:02:18 PM »
wikipedia is stupid, but bbing is a sport

**SIGH**

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2006, 11:03:07 PM »
...unless you're gay. Then it's a beauty pagent or PG-13 strip club.

LOL..I posted before you finished!