Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 178146 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2006, 05:56:39 PM »
Excellent point.

You have every other pro free, 2 weeks out from the Mr O, and the N American promoters have to choose Vince, who hasn't competed since the Aussie? LMAO...

Vince CHOSE to take the gig...the promoters don't force anyone to guest pose. He also guest posed at the Jr. Nationals last month...

the point is moot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2006, 05:58:17 PM »
the point is moot.

Not from a legal standpoint, obviously.  Signed contracts were broken.

Or from a PR standpoint - everyone knows the IFBB is scared now and is playing dirty to undercut Wayne.

Other than that, yes, moot.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2006, 06:00:33 PM »
This was not to be announced until Monday but oh well.

Once you hear the radio show, Monday, you honestly won't blame Vince Taylor for dropping out.  There's a lot of stuff you folks don't know about the situation and believe me, you DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS TOMMORROW.

240, as Bob stated, promoters pay athletes to guest pose.  Find out tommorrow about "the contract" and what the real deal is. 

As far as any other IFBB pro is concerned, I will remind you that anyone of you folks who decides to get froggy and jump to the PDI will be suspended from the IFBB for an undetermined amount of time.  There is no word on NPC competitors but I would check with your local NPC chairman to see whether it affects your placing.  Honestly if you're a top NPC competitor, I wouldn't risk losing your chance to become an IFBB pro for an organization that has not proven itself yet. 

A

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2006, 06:05:06 PM »
I thought Chick was Pro competitors Rep but what is it he does,like what happend about judging posing round? and as if it would change anything in places.If he is competitors rep he should be working to have competitors compete where ever the money can be made.So is Lee Priest ok to do PDI and IFBB Pro shows?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2006, 06:09:08 PM »
I thought Chick was Pro competitors Rep but what is it he does,like what happend about judging posing round? and as if it would change anything in places.If he is competitors rep he should be working to have competitors compete where ever the money can be made.So is Lee Priest ok to do PDI and IFBB Pro shows?
He can turn up at an IFBB event after he does the NOC but whether he is allowed onstage is another story...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2006, 06:13:18 PM »

not from the IFBB's position....it's a clear violation of the rules.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2006, 06:21:05 PM »
Does that go for Pro IFBB judges as well???If so I think you might want to check a few names that judge Pro shows.Just a thought. ;D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »
Chick is the IFBB pro rep not the rep for every bodybuilder everywhere...

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2006, 06:41:59 PM »
I thought Lee Priest and Vince Taylor were IFBB Pros.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2006, 06:44:55 PM »

I didn't make the rules ... they were put in place in the 1940's.

If the IFBB athletes wish to challenge the ruling, I'll be more than happy to submit it.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2006, 06:45:56 PM »
I thought Lee Priest and Vince Taylor were IFBB Pros.

They are, whats your point?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »
This is old news kids. Straight from Vince's mouth last month at Jr. Nationals...

Muscle Mayhem: Are you a PDI Pro?

Vince Taylor: No, I didn't sign any contract with the PDI. I am an IFBB pro and have been for 17 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psq2yInRAH8

Elevate Your Image.™

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2006, 06:52:32 PM »
Just a question Chick, if the show gets judged in the morning and the top 15 come out and pose at the Nite Show when does the Posing round get judged??So if a great poser is 18th he does not even get to be judged so no chance to improve placing now forget about 18th what about 10th being better poser than 5th where is his place and when do they the judges judge Posing Round??? ::)

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2006, 06:53:53 PM »
I think we are forgetting the second part here - he is also going to do the O?  Does that mean he isn't doing any PDI shows at all (including the NOC)? 

Just seems odd to me...  Maybe he misses the NOC due to another guest posing - but then he does the O too?  Why - for the grand in prize money?
Motherboy (the band).

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2006, 06:54:25 PM »
Ask Lee Priest.

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2006, 06:54:34 PM »
Hey they never offered me guest posinging or contract mine is up soon.  Jee i never feel the love :)

Tell Chick to put a good word in for you. ;)  Hell Lee he kisses enough ass for everyone :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »
This story keeps getting more interesting!  This was back on Apr 11th

http://pdiradio.com/pr/8.pdf

PDI ANNOUNCES THE SIGNING OF VINCE TAYLOR TO COMPETE IN NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS

Pro Division Inc is proud to announce that Vince Taylor has signed a contract to compete in NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS XXVII, Saturday, September 16th, at the Town Hall Theater in New York City. Because of prior obligations to the IFBB, Vince has guaranteed his joining PDI effective June 18, 2006. Vince Taylor has had a career that is beyond words and exceeds anything imaginable. His first amateur victory was in 1983 when he won the Mr. Berlin event in Germany. In 1987 he won the AAU medium height class at the Mr. America and followed that in 1988 by winning the overall NPC Nationals. His Nationals victory gained him pro status in the IFBB.

His first IFBB pro contest resulted in a victory as Vince won the 1989 Night of Champions XI. Since his first victory in New York in 1989, he has followed that up with twenty one more victories that include the Grand Prix of Switzerland, the Grand Prix of Spain, the Grand Prix of Italy, the Grand Prix of Finland, the Grand Prix of Denmark, the Grand Prix of England, the Grand Prix of France, the Grand Prix of Ukraine, the San Jose Pro Invitational, the Niagara Falls Pro Invitational, two time winner of the Pittsburgh Pro Invitational, two time winner of the Ironman Pro Invitational, the Arnold Classic, the Arnold Classic Masters and five time Masters Olympia Champion.

But even with more victories than any other Bodybuilder competing today, Vince is better known for his posing routines. The first time he unveiled his robot routine at the 1991 Olympia he brought the house down and exited the stage to a standing ovation. He expanded on the creativity of the routine in subsequent years and brought posing and presentation to new heights when he incorporated the Macarena into the robot routine by the mid to late 1990’s. His ingenious posing has captivated Bodybuilding audiences worldwide as Vince Taylor has been the most requested athletes in the past 15 years.

“I look at myself as more of a performer and entertainer than as a Bodybuilder” states Vince. He goes on to say “PDI is offering to me exactly what and how I feel Pro Bodybuilding should be. With no restrictions, I will attempt to do something at NOC this September that only Vince Taylor could bring to the entertainment stage. I will raise the bar so high in presentation; it will not be equaled for years. NOC is where I made my pro debut, NOC is where I won my first pro show, and NOC in 2006 is where I will revolutionize posing…….again!”

Pro Division CEO Wayne S. DeMilia states, “We are ecstatic and elated to sign Vince Taylor as a PDI athlete and to have him contracted to compete in the first PDI event, Night of Champions XXVII. Anyone who is lucky enough to have tickets for the evening finals will remember Vince’s performance for years to come. I am sure that Vince will have the New York crowd in the palm of his hand by the end of the night.” Anyone wishing to purchase tickets for Night of Champions or if there are athletes wishing to join PDI, they should contact us at prodivisioninc@yahoo.com.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2006, 06:58:35 PM »
MONSTER conflicting stories.

A Press Release saying there is a signed contract and the man himself is on video stating he didn't sign a contract.  :o
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2006, 06:59:19 PM »
MONSTER conflicting stories. A Press Release saying there is a signed contract and the man himself is on video stating he didn't sign a contract.  :o

haha i know dude.  This is funny. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2006, 07:01:07 PM »
Just a question Chick, if the show gets judged in the morning and the top 15 come out and pose at the Nite Show when does the Posing round get judged??So if a great poser is 18th he does not even get to be judged so no chance to improve placing now forget about 18th what about 10th being better poser than 5th where is his place and when do they the judges judge Posing Round??? ::)

You must FIRST make the cut...THEN you get to show your stuff via the posing routine.

If your physique wasn't good enough to get you into the top 15 cut...no routine in the world would elevate you enough to place...remember, it's a combination of physique AND posing.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2006, 07:01:23 PM »
Hey they never offered me guest posinging or contract mine is up soon.  Jee i never feel the love :)

They know you are too smart to say yes...   :)
Motherboy (the band).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2006, 07:01:36 PM »
MONSTER conflicting stories. A Press Release saying there is a signed contract and the man himself is on video stating he didn't sign a contract.  :o

Actually, this press release came out on Tues, Apr 12, the day after Vince appeared on the radio show and said he was going PDI.  

Then there was the Jr nationals stuff. 

Then there was vince's new announcement (anyone have it?), press release saying he was definitely PDI.

Now this rumor.  This is pretty amusing!

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2006, 07:12:42 PM »
Yes i am signed for the NOC and the Olympia. In the new Flex magazine has me down for the Olympia. Travel arrangments have been made for the Olympia so i guess if they suspend me they just wasted money on travel and hotel. Who knows it's a fucked up rule. They never follow any other rule. Just go through their rule book and see how many are broken by athletes and officials. Come on the rules are a joke.

It's shame people can't make money while they are able to. The IFBB is against that. Why competition is good for everyone. What does the IFBB lose.? NOTHING! I can't understand it so someone explain it to me.:)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2006, 07:15:31 PM »
Yes i am signed for the NOC and the Olympia.In the new Flex magazine has me down for the Olympia.Travel arrangments have been made for the Olympia so i guess if they suspend me they just wasted money on travel and hotel.Who knows it's a fucked up rule.They never follow any other rule.Just go through their rule book and see how many are broken by athletes and officials.Come on the rules are a joke.
It's shame people can't make money while they are able to.The IFBB is against that.Why competition is good for everyone.What does the IFBB loose.? NOTHING! I can't understand it so someone explain it to me.:)

The Athletes Rep seems to believe what's best for the athletes is for the employers to have all the power.  I know, it defies common sense and all rules of a free market.  But who are you going to believe, "Fined of Mencia" or your lying eyes? :)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2006, 07:17:56 PM »
The Athletes Rep seems to believe what's best for the athletes is for the employers to have all the power.  I know, it defies common sense and all rules of a free market.  But who are you going to believe, "Fined of Mencia" or your lying eyes? :)

Yeah, that must have been what I was thinking when I tried starting a union for the bodybuilders.